Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 11:41:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Herein lie the "Lost" Boreas Files by Rockessence

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Herein lie the "Lost" Boreas Files by Rockessence  (Read 18220 times)
Janna Britton

« on: November 16, 2008, 02:49:16 am »

OLD AS NEW SCIENCE
To the learned Scandinavian it is also a well-known fact that the leading authority withing Swedens Academia during the 17th century; Prof. Olof Rudbeck sharply and exstensivly claimed that the "Atlantean Culture" of the earliest, historical Scandinavians where the basis of the Mediterranean legend of Atlantis. Conslusivly Rubeck found that "Atlantis" where in fact the primeval basis of the Scandinavian culture...!

But not before 1984/85 did we get a further explanation of this issue - when a FINNISH source of information (from the Fenno-Ugric language and culture) could refer to an age-old family-saga, actually explaining the congurence of "ice-time" and "Alt-land-is-time".

However much one turn this historical/mythological information up or down or around - it is NOT possible to dismay it. At least not before one understands the nature of this information and the realms of its sources.

THE SOURCE
Today we may dismay an old tradition because we find it "old-fashioned", "outdated" or not suitable in our techologic ("modern")reality. But within the historical research we have to acknowledge the historical and cultural information given to us by the magnitude of similar traditions from the old cultures of the world, such as the old Nordic or Norse/Indo-European culture.

Some day - as our arctical herritage gets better known - do we possibly understand that even Santa Claus, as well as Christmas itself, actually is based on traditions reflecting customs and realities of our very own anchestors life, culture and history.

So we`re back to the web-site www.bocksaga.de or www.bocksaga.com for a closer and more objective look. This time it is important to "read to reflect", rather than "read to react".

NO EASY-QUICK
I wrote the above because I tend to believe that anyone who cares to really reflect rather than react on theese matters would be in majority in this forum. Since I am getting to old to respond upon quick crack-down "analyzis", cheap contrafeit quotes, skillfull irony or intentional misunderstandings I hope the reflections on this peculiar issue may lead to a reflected discussion - rather than a stigmata between different "opinions", as if we where priests or ditto wannabes from different religions...

I try to behave rationally and I trust others to do the same. If in doubt; I ASK rather than state. If I DO understand or get somewhat enligthed I may have something to add or subtract. But I am not here with the aim to prove that anyone is wrong. Thus I dismiss the intent on putting down myself and others with nitty-gritty harrasments or airy-fairy comparisons. I am here to simply tell about the mentioned sources - and their possible implications.

Now if a majority of oceanic geologists have found it likely ("most likely") that the Gulf Stream appeared about 50 million years ago it coincide impressingly well with the statement of the Saga-material, telling that the Alt-land-is-period ("ice-time") started just about 50 million years ago. Now; which of theese sources should we trust - and which one to distrust?!

Moreover the Sagas tells that the ice-time started with a cataclysm, where a large part of the earths water evporated, to collect as damp around the poles - before it condensed and became two enormous ice-caps covering the northern resp. the southern pole-areas.

Meanwhile the Gulf-stream went over the Atlantic, hitting Biscaya - rocketting through the English Channel into the Oslo Fjord Area - where "the warm waves" could pass through "Ginnugagap" (a rift in the enormous icecap) entering the Baltic Ocean where the hot water hit the bottom of the Finish Bay - to circulate in front of the Finish archipelago.

SCIENCTIFIC PROOF?
Now; there is nothing in our knowledge about the extent of the northern ice-cap that contradicts the explanations of the saga-material - but quite the oposite! During the last 15 years it has become known that the massive ice-cap (3-5000 metres thick!) covered all the northern hemisphere. In North America down to Virginia from where it extended straigth east through the Atlantic Ocean as far as the longitude of Greenland before it started to turn north reaching Ireland and the British Isles. Because the Gulfstream was pressing north - finally via Biscaya through the English Channel and into the Oslofjord; the ice over Scandinavia could not close completly - and thus a rift was kept open. (The sagas calls it "Ginnungagap"; "The Giving-Youth-Gap"..!) Along this rift the stream kept bringing warm water from the Gulf of Mexico to the Gulf of Finland.

Still the rest of the isles, as well as the North Sea and whole Eurasian continent (down to the Alps and the Caucasian and Himalayan mountains) where covered by the northern ice-cap. And still today we may see the geologial, climatical and biological border between the arctical and the tropical hemispheres.

As far as I know there is still nothing found withing our natural sciences that really contradict this saga-material. As for the geology of the North Atlantic and the Fenno-Scandia it tends to support the folkore material.

VIEWS OR FACTS
Different scientists tend to have different opinions, especially on major questions within the different professions. Thus we all need critical views to fuel the prosess that ultimately gives us the "plain truth".
And as we want to be critical to any new source of information about major questions about our own history - we need to be likewise critical to the review of the geologists stating the "age and the development" of the Gulf-stream. Keep in mind that far from all geologists share the same view on that topic - and be utterly aware about the simple fact that "scientific truths" seem to be more and more shortlived.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: