Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 03:57:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Astrology by Hand - Renowned Astrologer Robert Hand

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Astrology by Hand - Renowned Astrologer Robert Hand  (Read 1299 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2008, 09:47:37 am »

Language, Magic and Astrology

The first element of consciousness, that we are aware and that we are aware that we are aware, is very difficult to establish in another person. In fact this is the whole problem. As I have already mentioned, we do this through communication, which in turn requires language, at least at a primitive level. So, are there languages involved in magic and astrology?

I think that there are very few who would doubt that there is at least something like language in astrology. It may not be quite so clear in magic, but those who have studied it at all realize it is clear that any old thing will just not do in ceremonial or “high” magic. There are rules and proper procedures that may exist in many forms, and they are not arbitrary. It is generally known that in many ceremonial magic procedures there are things that must be done just so, and things that must be said just so or nothing works correctly. I have even said that such procedures are like computer languages in that any error will create a “bug” in the proceedings.
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: