Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:45:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)  (Read 19852 times)
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #285 on: May 30, 2008, 12:16:31 am »

docyabut
Member # 117

Rate Member   posted 08-28-2006 05:23 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerald_Tablet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 8341 | From: toledo .ohio | Registered: Mar 2000   
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #286 on: May 30, 2008, 12:16:56 am »

Peter V

Member # 71

Member Rated:
   posted 08-28-2006 01:01 PM                       
Thanks, Doc.

Like I said...14 lines. Nothing about Atlantis. The rest of the material, so often quoted by extraordinarily credible sites like crystallinks, was made up. Recently.
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #287 on: May 30, 2008, 12:17:28 am »

Brig

Administrator
Member # 802

posted 08-29-2006 06:11 PM                       
Thanks, Pete.
Posts: 10612 | From: Old Washington, Ohio , USA | Registered: Apr 2002   
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #288 on: May 30, 2008, 12:18:01 am »

Bianca2001
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
   posted 10-12-2006 01:44 PM                       
Being a newbie, I am trying to read all (or most)
the threads. At the beginning of this one, there
were a lot of arguments about the EMERALD (stone).

It seems that there were emerald mines in Egypt.
But in ancient times, all green gems were called
'emerald'. In fact, it was the OLIVINE, or our
PERIDOT that was mostly used in jewellery, as
the emerald itself does not occur as often, in
nature.

Life, Love and Light,
Bianca
Posts: 66 | From: St. Petersburg, Fl. | Registered: Jun 2006   

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #289 on: May 30, 2008, 12:18:32 am »

Smiley4554

Administrator
Member # 332

posted 10-13-2006 08:19 AM                       
Yo, Peter! Great to hear from you again!

Welcome, Bianca

I LOVE emeralds, but not Peridot.

--------------------
"It is not what happens to you in life that matters. It's how you handle what happens to you that counts." Kim

http://www.panoramio.com/user/120220

Please contact me by using the PM on the site. I will respond much faster. Thanks! Kim

Posts: 5887 | From: Arkansas...USA | Registered: Jan 2001   
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #290 on: May 30, 2008, 12:19:11 am »

rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 10-13-2006 05:40 PM                       
In Rock Medicine emerald is the directive for treating anything relating to the back or spine.

Peridot is for the comfort of the enlightened. To comfort those who were first to experience the "quickening". The quickening is the term we use for the acceleration of enlightenment. As individuals "wake up", they are bombarded with feelings of exhilaration as well as fear. Peridot is like a security blanket to a small child. It assists in calming the concious mind to the revelations of the subconcious. All knowing of good and ill resides in the subconcious, that vast percentage of our mind that we do not use. Enlightenment, or revelation, is the utilization of the portion of our mental capacity that incorporates kindness.

As was said before, there are no levels of enlightenment. Either the light is off or it is on.

Once the light is on--once you acquire the conciousness of the light of kindness--you are faced with a whole new regimen of life. This can pose discomfort. There is a sense of overwhelm when you observe the cruelty of all who are not awake, and how many of them there are. Then there is the sense of self-loathing while considering your own deeds. Add to this the heightened sensation such as telepathy and prophetic vision. Some experience a pressure or a sense of urgency at the crown of their head. This is a valid physiological effect.

We are bringing everlasting Heaven into the third or physical plane. This state is locked in our subconcious where time does not exist as we know it. You cannot create something you cannot see, just as you cannot go somewhere you cannot find.

Since Creator is the ultimate scientist, we may well expect Heaven to ride in on the winds of technology. Rock medicine isone of the transition technologies. Only with the merging of science and spirit in our technological advances will we continue the work to achieve Heaven on Earth!

Peridot is for the comfort of the enlightened, as they go through these changes. It is not used by those who are sleeping. This is like selenite being used for childhood fears for the human individual, only peridot is for the child that is our collective conciousness. Peridot eases the pressure.

from ROCK MEDICINE Sela Weidemann Randazzo

--------------------
"Illigitimi non carborundum!"
All knowledge is to be used in the manner that will give help and assistance to others, and the desire is that the laws of the Creator be manifested in the physical world. E.Cayce 254-17

Posts: 3128 | From: Port Townsend WA | Registered: Feb 2004   
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #291 on: May 30, 2008, 12:19:45 am »

Bianca2001
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
   posted 10-15-2006 05:55 AM                       
Thank you for the welcome, Smiley. Emerald is
MY favorite, too. But I love All the gems, cut
or in their natural state. Kind of expensive to
collect, as are my other obsessions, books and
exotic flowers.....

By the way, the "Sky Stone" (Turquoise) is con-
sidered by some to be the stone of Atlantis. I
have met people who have greeted me as a fellow
Atlantean while wearing mine.....

Rockessence, as a non-professional healer, I have
found, over the years, that it is best to let the
'patient' pick his/her own stone for treatment.

We may not all resonate to the same vibrations, or
to the vibrations that the authors claim. Still,
I enjoy reading their interpretation.

Life, Love and Light,
Bianca
Posts: 66 | From: St. Petersburg, Fl. | Registered: Jun 2006   
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #292 on: May 30, 2008, 12:20:16 am »

Silliman
Member # 3035

Rate Member   posted 10-31-2006 11:05 PM                       
There has been only a little discussion about the authenticity of the Emerald Tablets. I attribute
the lack of follow-up to Peter V.

Claiming the tablets to be recently made up from someone with knowledge in the field has put the damper on the flow of ideas. That is Peter’s right and I think he feels that it is also his obligation to set us little people on the straight and narrow.

On the other hand, I feel that I should share some information that I have on the subject, with the true believers and everyone else.

I invite you to visit the site www.marsearthconnection.com/etot.html. Look at the image that he draws a green line connecting the Sphinx with the apex of the great Pyramid (middle of web-page www.marsearthconnection.com/etot.html).

I think he is looking in the right direction, but if he was going to interrupt the text literally, he should go all the way.

Emerald Tablet XI - the Key to Above and Below.

If you were to stand on the head of the Sphinx and look up to the apex of the Great Pyramid, the angle (above the horizon would be about 25 degrees)

If you follow the third clue, you would look for some place on the ground, (to find the underground entrance). So you would use the second clue, and look (in the same direction) but below the horizon.

From the top of the Sphinx’s head, looking down about 25 degrees, there would be a place on the ground about 150 to 200 feet North-West of the Sphinx. (Near the modern day road, in line with the apex of the Great Pyramid). That would be the place to “dig ye and find that which I have hidden”.

There would be some uncertainty in the exact location, depending on where you stand on the Sphinx. If you stand on the head, the location will be farther to the north, but if you stand on the body of the sphinx, the location will be closer to the sphinx.

If you substitute the middle pyramid for the Great Pyramid in the above argument, the line going down toward the ground would end up just beside the cause-way to Khafre’s pyramid. And the same uncertainty in the exact location would happen. But the uncertainty in this case is moot, as we have evidence of the exact location.

I invite you to visit the site www.hallofmaat.com and follow the link to “Giza Before the Fourth Dynasty”, by Colin Reader. Search about half way down the page until you find the photo listed as Fig, 7.

In exactly the right place (Middle of the picture, North of Khafre’s causeway) is a rectangular ‘pit’ cut into the bedrock. Looks to me like the place to “dig ye and find that which I have hidden”.

What do you think???

Norm
Posts: 7 | From: Sacramento, California | Registered: Mar 2006   

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #293 on: May 30, 2008, 12:21:36 am »

Silliman
Member # 3035

Rate Member   posted 11-25-2006 10:05 PM                       
Heres a web-page that will help you see the logic and the solution to the riddle.

www.21stcenturyideas.com/hiddensecrets.html

Live long and prosper  Smiley

Norm
Posts: 7 | From: Sacramento, California | Registered: Mar 2006   
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #294 on: May 30, 2008, 12:22:10 am »

artsnake
Member # 3768

Rate Member   posted 12-07-2006 10:13 PM                       
I just read the Thoth tablets as presented at this site
http://www.crystalinks.com/emerald.html
It looks just like something from a Taoist or yogi. It gives an over view of the entire alchemical process as seen in those traditions.
It starts with his history and background personal stuff pertinent to his journey. He then relates how to use his discoverers in a more universal sense. He even gives real channel clearing exorcises just like the taoists. He talks about the seven chalkras, naming them Three, Four, Five,Six,Seven, Eight and Nine. Which is an interesting slant.
The chalkra reference shows how the world of the story teller is built with a foundation on some very profound knowledge.
This is the history and life approach of a very astute and I might add ethical person. Some one with a deep and compassionate view of the world and an edge on the nature of consciousness compared to most.
There is nothing in this document that discredits it basic claim to be some writings of Thoth or some one like that.

There is some useful stuff in there for the initiated.
Thanks
Scott Sassaman
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #295 on: May 30, 2008, 12:22:52 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 12-09-2006 06:25 PM                       
I am still trying to make sense of those tablets.  Cheesy

--------------------
" Om Vasudevaya Namaha!"
With loving reverence, I bow to Lord Vishnu!

"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is." - Lord Krishna, Bhagavad Gita

Posts: 1425 | From: Shreveport, La | Registered: Oct 2005   
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #296 on: May 30, 2008, 12:23:19 am »

Light
Member # 3981

Rate Member   posted 12-16-2006 02:50 PM                       
I'm open, but these tablets seem very different then other Thoth writings I've reviewed. They seem to have much more of an "anglo" feel.

Is it just me?
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #297 on: May 30, 2008, 12:23:52 am »

Brig

Administrator
Member # 802

posted 12-16-2006 06:03 PM                       
I still await proof that they ever existed.
Posts: 10609 | From: Old Washington, Ohio , USA | Registered: Apr 2002   
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #298 on: May 30, 2008, 12:24:21 am »

Bear Boyd

Member # 1703

Rate Member   posted 01-04-2007 04:56 AM                       

quote:
Originally posted by Absonite:
Peter, you wrote;

"I would think that the spiritual midget is the one who judges another's level of spiritual development."

Which you then follow up with.....

"For one who has even the slightest grasp on Egyptian history, the so-called "tablet of thoth" is pure bunk. Inane garbage for the ignorant to whimsicly latch on to for purposes based in the emotional, rather than rational. "

Like ah said befo' Peeta, .....spiritual midget.

Sorry, I don't mean to be offensive, and sometimes truth hurts..... for whatever reason when, it really shouldn't, except for possibly the blind and deaf or maybe the coward. Logic really has nothing to do with it.

So, Peter, what exactly is the inane, bunk part of the tablets. I think I read somewhere that they were last seen and last displayed by Alexander the so-called Great. If the material was not Emerald, what do you think it was made from? Do you know much about what is written ***about*** "Thoth" (in distinction to what was said was written ***by**** him)? Can you point out the whimisical and emotional in his so-called writings? What exactly are the "ignorant" latching onto in the myth of Thoth that you are not fooled by due to your faultless logic and apparent ly inate spiritual wisdom? Do you know of any idea or Ideal relating to the concept of the First Source and Center that surpasses the writings of Thoth, or do you just not deal with that at all?

Not only that but I believe that in studying the use of crystals for healing as stated that possibly they could have been able to store information so it may not have been an engraved Emerald Tablet. By the way for the Holistic Healers, green is a color used for healing as well as blue. Being that the Egyptians learned ways of healing it would make a lot of sense if studied in their Hermetic schools. So they would have learned the art of using such stones from Thoth that had information stored in them. Thoth is the one attributed to have brought the sciences to the Egyptians and taught them writing, mathematics, and the workings of the cosmos and about the stars and planets as well as the healing arts. The use of the Hermetic symbolism is still in use today as the Cadeucus used in medical practicices today to denote a medical doctor.

--------------------
"For those with eyes to see, let them see." - Bear "He that hath ears to hear, let him hear." -Luke 8:8 "Seek and you shall find. Knock and it shall be opened to you." - Matthew 7:7 "Veritas vos liberabit"
www.myspace.com/BearBoyd

Posts: 294 | From: Kokomo, Indiana, U.S.A | Registered: Oct 20
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #299 on: May 30, 2008, 12:24:52 am »

Bear Boyd

Member # 1703

Rate Member   posted 01-04-2007 04:58 AM                       
Oh one more thing to add: Jesus was thought to have attended these schools and learned these healing arts and the performing of the so called "miracles" was just merely using practices no one had seen before as well as his Infused Knowledge he was born with being a messenger from God. Not saying he was divine of course but he was a great man nonetheless.

--------------------
"For those with eyes to see, let them see." - Bear "He that hath ears to hear, let him hear." -Luke 8:8 "Seek and you shall find. Knock and it shall be opened to you." - Matthew 7:7 "Veritas vos liberabit"
www.myspace.com/BearBoyd

Posts: 294 | From: Kokomo, Indiana, U.S.A | Registered: Oct 2003   
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: