Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:14:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)  (Read 19844 times)
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #195 on: May 29, 2008, 12:56:22 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 02-24-2006 09:36 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doesn't Thoth say that he is the creator of civilization,science, and technology? I believe there are references to him on this in the Egyptian Book of the Dead.

--------------------
" Om Vasudevaya Namaha!"
With loving reverence, I bow to Lord Vishnu!

"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is." - Lord Krishna, Bhagavad Gita

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 1425 | From: Shreveport, La | Registered: Oct 2005   
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #196 on: May 29, 2008, 12:56:54 am »

ParaNormalIAm

Member # 2683

Member Rated:
   posted 02-25-2006 10:22 AM                       
Thoth Well known God with the head of an Ibis. He's a good all-rounder for Arts, Science, Music, Astronomy, Speech and Letters.
If ever a God was greater than great it was THOTH. In one translation his name is prefixed with the word 'great' no less than eight times. Thoth may have helped to reduce the embarrassment caused by having a name that looks like a lithp.

His resume seems too be impressive to be true - but most of the facts speak for themselves. He is the master of time, mathematics, astronomy, readin', writin', 'rythematic - and almost anything else you can point a pair of dividers at.

365 days in a year? Thank THOTH. 12 hours of day and 12 hours of night? Thank THOTH. Circles having 360 degrees? Thank THOTH.

His bestselling BOOK-OF-THE-DEAD is still in print and you will never be able to hitch-hike to Heaven on the Nile without it.

He does have his eccentricities - he sometimes likes to revert back to the good old OGDOAD days and appear as a baboon. Not just any old baboon, but one that could have written the complete works of Shakespeare before Shakespeare existed. (Now there's an idea - it's always been known that Shakespeare could hardly write his own name let alone spell it, so who really wrote all those plays that bearded scene-shifter claimed as his own?) In the custom of the times he chose the head of an Ibis with a fancy wig for those high-flying occasions.

Encouraging RA to call himself Top God left THOTH free to run just about everything without any fuss or hassle. Pocket calculators? THOTH used the whole of heaven, available to all on a grand scale. To make it easier, all the stars and planets required for calculation are associated with favourite Gods. Need to work something out via Sirius? Log in and have HATHOR guide you. Need the moon for phases, time or tides? Go to THOTH; he chose to be Top Moon God alongside his best buddy KHONSU.

Cool, modest, unflappable, and a brilliant arbitrator, THOTH has stood the test of time, time and time again. Full ticks and tocks to this tip-top God.

He was also known to Greek God geeks as Hermes Trismegistus, possibly to avoid talking with a lisp.

[ 02-25-2006, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: ParaNormalIAm ]

--------------------
http://myspace.com/oharry1

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #197 on: May 29, 2008, 12:57:37 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 02-25-2006 02:19 PM                       
So basically you're saying that Thoth is the reason there are pyramids in Egypt and why we have the Book of Dead any info on the pyramids in the Americas? Because Thoth would be in Egypt so who was in the Americas?

--------------------
" Om Vasudevaya Namaha!"

"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is." - Lord Krishna, Bhagavad Gita

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2008, 12:58:24 am »

Brig

Administrator
Member # 802

posted 02-26-2006 06:19 PM                       
You name it. All races have been in America; long before Columbus or Leif either one was a gleam in his pappys eye. It will come forth, sooner or later that the new world isn't very new. Whatever calamity hit the earth 10 or 12,000 years ago effectively severed the ties between the west and the east. It just took a few thousand years for the reconnection to take place. Africans, europeans, polynesians, chinese, japanese, australians, and who knows who all else have made there way here at one time or another.BTW Thoth is in the same league as Posidon and Zeus; much talked about; no firm facts.
Posts: 10612 | From: Old Washington, Ohio , USA | Registered: Apr 2002   

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2008, 12:58:54 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 02-26-2006 08:54 PM                       
But who's the god in Aztec and Mayan civilizations similar to Thoth? Or do they even have one?

--------------------
" Om Vasudevaya Namaha!"

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #200 on: May 29, 2008, 12:59:31 am »

ParaNormalIAm

Member # 2683

Member Rated:
   posted 02-27-2006 02:37 PM                       
The only information I have about them is that they were originally kept within the Great Pyramid in trust of the priesthood that Thoth had appointed before his departure to the Halls of Amenti. Later the tablets went with some of the members of this priesthood and settled in South America’s Yucatan with the Mayan tribes. There the tablets were kept beneath an altar of one of the Sun God’s temples. After the Mayan tribes were conquered by the Spanish in the 1500’s, the temples were deserted and the tablets forgotten about. In the early 1900’s a Dr. Doreal, the founder of the Brotherhood of the White Temple was instructed, perhaps via some form of channeled information, to return the Emerald Tablets to the Great Pyramid in Egypt. This was eventually done, but before giving up the actual physical tablets he was allowed to translate them-into English from the Atlantean script they were originally written in-and keep a copy for himself. This was done in 1925. Later he was given permission to release these translations to the public at large. Or so the story goes. I’m guessing that only Dr. Doreal himself had any contact with the tablets, so its impossible to verify this story’s accuracy.

At: 10/28/2003 2:16:24 PM
In: What are the Emerald Tablets of Thoth?
Hyperion wrote:

Bloodroyal: Information about the Emerald Tablets of Thoth, along with an online copy you can read, can be found at: http://www.crystalinks.com/emeraldpreface.html

They are allegedly 13 tablets written by the Egyptian god Thoth, who spent time learning the ways of the spirit in ancient Atlantis before its destruction. Thoth, as a historical character, has always held great interest for me. He brought advanced knowledge and high culture to the many civilizations he encountered after departing from Atlantis: the Great Pyramid at Giza is apparently his creation. I had known that he was also identified as Hermes and Mercury, but recently found out some more information about him. He is also the god referred to as Quetzalcoatl by the Mayans in South America. In Sumerian legend he was one of the warring Annunaki, born a son of Enki, and brother to Marduk (Ra). He stated that he is of pure Orion/Rigelian descent, meaning that his bloodline is not human but reptilian--this makes sense of why Quetzalcoatl was known as the ’winged serpent’ god. This theory does seem to have some backup: the Pyramid complex was constructed as a starmap to Orion’s beltstars. Zecharia Sitchin’s book, When Time Began, contains more information about this Thoth/Quetzalcoatl connection. Given all this information about Thoth and the origins of man and the evolution of our culture, it seems to provide some support to the apparently outlandish theories of David Icke and such that man is and always has been the servants of a race of powerful reptilian entities, some benevolent and some malevolent, and that many modern mystery schools--all governed by that secret group we know and love, the Illuminati--are controlled by the negative factions of these entities who try to prevent the advanced esoteric knowledge getting out into the world at large. So read, speculate, and enjoy.

http://www.paranormalnews.com/usernotebook.asp?nUserID=14603

I have visited many places and still the answer are ever more illusive.....

[ 02-27-2006, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: ParaNormalIAm ]

--------------------
http://myspace.com/oharry1

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #201 on: May 29, 2008, 01:00:16 am »

Akata

Member # 1492

Member Rated:
   posted 02-27-2006 02:54 PM                       
so true,in the negative factions are the alpha draconis from alpha draconis star sytem,what i
now the greys/grays are there creation pure
cybernetic beings that only full fill there
masters orders,and they are behind the there
master plan called new world order,there trying
that earth nations not trust each other and
wage war on eatch other,the dracos profit from
the wars,and something else not all aliens are
bad,there is a maority of good aliens that
cant interveint in plan of dracos,if they
will try the dracos will treath them to use
nukes to anhilate us,we are keept hostage
by them from the downfall of atlantis..

--------------------
A soul on the path of light
only seeking the truth in
the world,may the light
protect me.

Posts: 1151 | From: Maribor,Štajerska,Slovenian | Registered: May 2003   
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #202 on: May 29, 2008, 01:00:53 am »

Brig

Administrator
Member # 802

posted 02-27-2006 04:56 PM                       
No Aztec or Mayan god is similar to Thoth. The Aztecs and Mayans had several gods; the principal one being Quenzacoatl or the feathered serpent; I'm sure George Erickson will correct me if I'm wrong here. The name Thoth exists as myth; but the emerald tablets and what they supposedly contain are straight fiction. There is not a scrap of physical evidence they ever existed outside someones imagination.
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #203 on: May 29, 2008, 01:01:47 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 02-27-2006 07:30 PM                       
I thought Thoth was the baboon headed god of the Egyptians though. He's the god of wisdom. His Greek equivalent is Hermes.

--------------------
" Om Vasudevaya Namaha!"

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #204 on: May 29, 2008, 01:02:19 am »

Boreasi

Member # 2421

Member Rated:
   posted 02-27-2006 08:08 PM                       
Babon-headed; Egyptian. Monkey-headed; Hindian.
Is there a Mayan/Aztec equivalent?!
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #205 on: May 29, 2008, 01:02:55 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 02-27-2006 08:19 PM                       

quote:
Originally posted by Boreasi:
Babon-headed; Egyptian. Monkey-headed; Hindian.
Is there a Mayan/Aztec equivalent?!

Egyptian- Thoth, baboon=wisdom

Hindu-Hanuman

I'm Hindu but haven't thought much on Hanuman he kind of appears here and there.

In fact you reminded me of a dream I had of Hanuman too, along with the Nagini and Shesha dream. The Hindu gods like my dreams too much.

[ 02-27-2006, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: nekozuki ]

--------------------
" Om Vasudevaya Namaha!"

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #206 on: May 29, 2008, 01:03:29 am »

Herr_Saltzman

Member # 2738

posted 02-27-2006 09:08 PM                   
I had a dream that Boreasi was Jesus, ready to smite me down.

--------------------
Cheers, and Good Mental Health,
Herr Saltzman

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001530;p=10

Posts: 1245 | From: Vienna, Austria | Registered: Sep 2005   
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #207 on: May 29, 2008, 01:04:05 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 02-27-2006 09:18 PM                       
I saw Jesus in my nacho cheese sauce the other day  Cheesy

--------------------
" Om Vasudevaya Namaha!"

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #208 on: May 29, 2008, 01:04:54 am »

Akata

Member # 1492

Member Rated:
   posted 02-28-2006 06:38 AM                       
http://www.luisprada.com/Protected/reclaiming_your_atlantean_heritage.htm

--------------------
A soul on the path of light
only seeking the truth in
the world,may the light
protect me.

Posts: 1151 | From: Maribor,Štajerska,Slovenian | Registered: May 2003   
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #209 on: May 29, 2008, 01:06:26 am »

Brig

Administrator
Member # 802

posted 03-01-2006 05:40 PM                       
As there are no baboons in the new world (except a few in Washington DC)  Smiley there wouldn't be a baboon headed god of wisdom. Hey George!! Did the Aztecs, Olmecs, Mayans ,Incas, etc. have a specific god of wisdom? I do not remember any.

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000474;p=6
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: