Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 12:22:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Comet theory collides with Clovis research, may explain disappearance of ancient people
http://uscnews.sc.edu/ARCH190.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)  (Read 19815 times)
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2008, 09:38:20 pm »

Boreasi

Member # 2421

Member Rated:
   posted 09-03-2005 05:01 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenni,
Where did you get this quotes?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2008, 09:38:55 pm »

KTCat

Member # 2482

Member Rated:
   posted 09-03-2005 07:52 PM                       
Rock, emeralds are a shamen stone that I use a lot. If used correctly, I think they actually help people sort of "tune in" to the Thoth vib. I usually use them in combination with Bloodstone; the truth stone and a stone of great Universal energy and protection, and red jasper which helps step all that hyperdimensional stuff that's out there into information that is specifically tuned to the needs of earth.

Thoth was very smart, you know, And he just wouldn't have named them "the emerald tablets" unless he was leaving us some very big hints.  Smiley

--------------------
Live Long and Prosper

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2008, 09:39:27 pm »

rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 09-03-2005 09:52 PM                       
Kitty,

Sorry, I am not into metaphysics with the stones. Any way to prove the uses you mention?

I know that emerald heals the spinal chord. I've seen it work. I know that bloodstone heals HIV.

"Remember that the use of stones in ancient times is different now as all vibration, planet wide, has shifted many times since then."

--------------------
"Illigitimi non carborundum!"
All knowledge is to be used in the manner that will give help and assistance to others, and the desire is that the laws of the Creator be manifested in the physical world. E.Cayce 254-17

Posts: 3128 | From: Port Townsend WA | Registered: Feb 2004   
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2008, 09:39:59 pm »

KTCat

Member # 2482

Member Rated:
   posted 09-04-2005 02:03 AM                       
Rock, I don’t use or think of stones the way most metaphysical people do. Do I think emeralds can cure back pain, or bloodstone cure diseases of the blood? No, not necessarily. I mean they could. It's possible, but that's not why I use stones.

I am a lot more scalar in my concepts than that. All crystalline and microcrystalline substances put out a specific and known wave form when subjected to either piezoelectric or pyroelectric stimulation. Basically, each stone produces it’s own radio wave or frequency, just like all matter does. Milikan proved that way back in 1953 when he won the Nobel Prize for physics.

I think of the specific frequency connected with stones as radio waves that are agreed upon tools of focus. If the energy or entity that was Thoth, for instance, is still somehow “out there” in the hyperdimensions of Universal All That Is, then it stands to reason that the entity that is Thoth would choose to work through emeralds as an agreed upon tool of focus for his wisdoms. And Thoth would have understood these concepts, because Thoth was one hyperdimensional dude. He was undoubtedly the Nikola Tesla of the gods, so if anybody understood the way scalar works, it was surely Thoth. He was brilliant.

Now could the wisdom that Thoth knew be used for very negative things? Yes, I think it could. There are a whole lot of very dark, evil, and controlling things one can do with Tesla physics, and there are plenty of people in various militaries exploring those concepts now. One might actually think of Thoth as the godfather of scalar physics. He was that profound, but scalar has both its good side and it’s bad side, and probably nobody knows that better than Thoth. In fact, he’s got quite an archaeological history in that area.

I basically want to understand how to use science and physics for good things, not bad things, so when I am trying to understand Thoth-like concepts I will often hold or wear emeralds, for no other reason than I think the radio wave emeralds put out is Thoth’s agreed upon tool of focus. Now Thoth energy, like Tesla energy can be used for evil, and that’s not where I want to go. If one doesn't want to focus on how to use these high sciences for very bad things, then it’s important to “fine tune” the energy or information that can come through emeralds so we “connect” to the healing and good things that might come from Thoth’s wisdom. To do that means you combine emerald energy with the energy of Bloodstone. Why? Because that’s also an agreed upon tool of focus for hyperdimensional information, and bloodstone acts to block frequencies or information that could be tuned to the dark side. Bloodstone is there to protect people when they wish to explore the hyperdimensions. I use red jasper because it is the agreed upon tool of focus that helps step down hyperdimensional information to frequencies that are healing and good for the earth and her people. There's no point, for instance, in absorbing universal information specifically meant for Andromeda. Any world in that constellation would have a completely different set of natural laws.

I simply think of the stones as tools of focus for hyperdimensional communication, and a way to “connect” to the pool of information we define as All That Is. Stones are used universally as agreed upon tools of focus simply because stones speak in the universal primordial language of electrical frequency, and that’s the one language all matter understands and responds to.

If you folks on this thread want to “tune in” to the good side of the Thoth frequency, then hold or wear emerald, bloodstone and jasper, and the combined frequency simply helps tune your own auric field so that you can understand the Thoth wisdom as it applies to the highest and best things one might do with his information field. That energy or information will somehow become known to your own subconscious mind, because it responds to those frequencies to. Ultimately that information "trickles down" to the consious mind and it transcribes or "downloads" that information at the highest level you are personally capable of percieving.

It probably sounds crazy to you, but “frequency” as an agreed upon tool of focus is the universal language, and stone frequencies are simply the way to “tune” to the information field you are looking to explore. I use a small, tabletop phi pyramid model (angle is 73 degrees) to load a stone with a pyroelectric charge, and then use the stones whenever I am trying to focus or learn something specific. Thoth is an ancient energy field. To connect to him, one has got to at least understand some of the basic principals in the universal transference of information. The ancients understood this, and that’s why stones and crystals played such an important role in our mythologies.

[ 09-04-2005, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: KTCat ]

--------------------
Live Long and Prosper

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2008, 09:40:35 pm »

Ian Nottingham

Member # 2232

Member Rated:
   posted 12-06-2005 10:59 PM                       

quote:
Jenni,
Where did you get this quotes?

Hey there, Boreasi! Jennifer got them from a few inches above on this same page of my earlier posts. They are, near as I can tell, the most detailed histories of the Emerald Tablet. The full quote reads:

quote:
quote:
2. A variety of versions of the Emerald Table.

2.1 Two Arabic versions : Jabir and Balinas.

The first version was found by Holmyard in 1923 in the Second Book of the Element of the Foundation,
attributed to Jabir. It dates from the 8th century AD.

"Balinas mentions the engraving on a table in the hand of Hermes, which says :

'Truth ! Certainty ! That in which there is no doubt ! That which is above is from that which is below, and
that which is below is from that which is above, working the miracles of one. As all things were from one. Its
father is the Sun and its mother the Moon. The Earth carried it in her belly, and the Wind nourished it in her
belly, as Earth which shall become Fire. Feed the Earth from that which is subtle, with the greatest power. It
ascends from the Earth to the heaven and becomes ruler over that which is above and that which is
below.'

Then we have the Latin version:

quote:
2.2 The Latin version of Kunrath.

The Latin text probably first appeared in Europe in editions of the Secretum Secretorum, the Latin
translation of the Book of Advice to Kings (Kitab Sirr al-Asar) by Johannes Hispalensis ca.1140 and by
Philip of Tripoli in ca.1243. Other translations may have been made during the same period (by Plato of
Tivoli, Hugh of Santalla and others). Albertus Magnus (Book of Minerals) mentions the Tabula. The version
chosen here, was published by Kunrath in 1609.

How about some Latin, you say?

quote:
"Verba Secretorum Hermetis.

Verum sine mendacio, certum et verissimum : quod est inferius est sicut quod est superius ; et quod est
superius est sicunt quod est inferius, ad perpetranda miracula rei unius. Et sicut omnes res fuerunt ab uno,
mediatione unius, sic omnes res natæ fuerunt ab hac una readaptione (var. per conjunctionem). Pater jeus
est Sol ; mater ejus Luna, portavit illud Ventus in ventre suo ; nutrix ejus Terra est. Pater omnis telesmi
totius mundi est hic. Vis ejus integra est, si versa fuerit in terram (var. si versa fuerit / si mutetur). Separabis
terram ab igne, subtile a spisso, suaviter, cum magno ingenio. Ascendit a terra in coelum, interumque
descendit in terram, et recepit vim superiorum et inferiorum. Sic habebis gloriam totius mundi. Ideo fugiet a
te omnis obscuritas. Hic est totius fortitudinis fortitudo fortis ; quia vincet omnem rem subtilem, omnemque
solidam penetrabit. Sic mundus creatus est. Hinc erunt adaptiones mirabiles, quarum modus est hic.

Itaque vocatus sum Hermes Trismegistus, habens tres partes philosophiæ totius mundi. Completum est
quod dixi de operatione Solis (var. de magisterio solis)."

Kunrath, H. : Amphitheatrum Sapientiæ Æternæ, Hanau, 1609, plate of the Emerald Table.

I will dig up the link if I ever have the time.

[ 12-06-2005, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Ian Nottingham ]
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #125 on: May 27, 2008, 09:41:41 pm »

ParaNormalIAm

Member # 2683

Member Rated:
   posted 12-10-2005 01:46 PM                       

quote:
Originally posted by Brig:
Snort......chuckle chuckle. The Emerald Tablets of Thoth, snicker snicker. Yup, they existed all right....in the mind of someone with a very fertile imagination. There are no actual ancient references to this mystery book. The whole matter blew into being during the 1800s.Site me some authenic ancient references; and not by nonexistant ancient scholars or quasi-wizards.Then maybe I'll change my mind. Maybe Thoth ruled Lemuria. Would make sense since Lemuria was dreamed up by early 1800s scientists to explain the existance of related lemurs that were seperated by a sizeable body of water (Madagascar to India).

This may be true.

http://www.marsearthconnection.com/civilizations2.html

A large, sophisticated civilization equal to Sumeria and Mesopotamia and thriving at the same time at least 5,000 years ago was lost in the harsh desert sands of the Soviet Union near the Iran and Afghanistan borders...No American archaeologist had been there since 1904 when New Hampshire archaeologist and geologist, Raphael Pumpelly, discovered ancient ruins at Anau in southern Turkmenistan near Iran. But the Soviets did not develop the Anau site. In the 1970s, Soviet archaeologists working west of Afghanistan reported vastruins, all built with the same distinct pattern of a central building surrounded by a series of walls...

--------------------
http://myspace.com/oharry1

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #126 on: May 27, 2008, 09:42:11 pm »

Elrond_ancalimon

Member # 2878

Rate Member   posted 12-18-2005 05:39 PM                       
Although I find the idea of emerald tablets and their contents fascinating, I'm afraid that's all they are,an idea.
Did anyone ever find very large emeralds? the bigest ones I've heard of are about the size of an egg. how can you fashion them into tablets and engrave on them? You would need diamond cutting tools.
If they indeed exist and are dated back to antiquity it would be proof of superior technology.
So why hide them?
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #127 on: May 27, 2008, 09:42:59 pm »

Ian Nottingham

Member # 2232

Member Rated:
   posted 12-18-2005 11:32 PM                       
People keep forgetting, they needn't have been made of emeralds at all, but were simply the color of emerald, green.

Both Libya and Egypt have vitified green rock lying upon it's deserts. From whence this came, no one knows (except that it would take extreme heat to produce such a thing). The rock has the consituency of shale, which is large and quite easy to write upon.

Everything about the tablets is plausible. History is filled with references to things that no longer exist but once did. We don't doubt their existence because we have more than one reference for most of those things. We have more than one reference for the Emerald Tablets of Thoth, too, but the reason why so many doubt they're existence is because they mention Thoth came from Atlantis.
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2008, 09:43:48 pm »

Boreasi

Member # 2421

Member Rated:
   posted 12-19-2005 12:33 AM                       
Tx, Ian. Kind a` important, since the text is rather intriueging...
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2008, 09:48:15 pm »

Pahana
Member # 2141

Member Rated:
   posted 12-19-2005 10:02 AM                       
And while there may or may not be the right materials in Egypt, we don't really know too much about what they had in Atlantis
Posts: 190 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Oct 2004   
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2008, 09:48:55 pm »

Brig

Administrator
Member # 802

posted 12-19-2005 04:43 PM                       
There is no physical proof that the so called emerald tablets ever existed.
Posts: 10612 | From: Old Washington, Ohio , USA | Registered: Apr 2002   
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #131 on: May 27, 2008, 09:49:51 pm »

Ian Nottingham

Member # 2232

Member Rated:
   posted 12-20-2005 12:25 AM                       
There's also no physical proof that the Colossus of Rhodes, then Hanging Gardens of Babylon, the Statue of Zeus, the Temple of Artemis or most of the other ancient wonders ever existed either, we know of their existence, though, from the ancient writers:

quote:
As a divine fountain of writing, Hermes Trismegistus was credited with tens of thousands of writings, of immense antiquity and high standing. Plato's Timaeus and Critias state that in the temple of Neith at Sais, there were secret halls containing historical records which had been kept for 9,000 years. Clement of Alexandria was under the impression that the Egyptians had forty-two sacred writings by Hermes, encapsulating all the training of Egyptian priests. Siegfried Morenz has suggested (Egyptian Religion) "The reference to Thoth's authorship...is based on ancient tradition; the figure forty-two probably stems from the number of Egyptian nomes, and thus conveys the notion of completeness." The Neo-Platonic writers took up Clement's "forty-two essential texts".

During the Middle Ages and the Renaissance, the writings attributed to Hermes Trismegistus, known as the Hermetica enjoyed great credit and were popular among alchemists. The "hermetic tradition" therefore refers to alchemy, magic, astrology and related subjects. The texts are usually distinguished in two categories the "philosophical" and "technical" hermetica. The former deals mainly with issues of philosophy, and the latter with magic, potions and alchemy. Among other things there are spells to magically protect objects, hence the origin of the term "Hermetically sealed".

The texts that were traditionally written at the dawn of time, the classical scholar Isaac Casaubon in De Rebus sacris et ecclesiaticis exercitiones XVI (1614) showed, by the character of the Greek, to be more recent: most of the "philosophical" Corpus Hermeticum can be dated to around AD 300.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermes_Trismegistus
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #132 on: May 27, 2008, 09:52:45 pm »

Ian Nottingham

Member # 2232

Member Rated:
   posted 12-20-2005 12:29 AM                       
Textual History

The oldest documentable source for the text is the Kitab Sirr al-Asrar, a pseudo-Aristotelian compendium of advice for rulers authored by Abd al-Qadir al-Jilani in around 800 AD. This work was translated into Latin as Secretum Secretorum (The Secret of Secrets) by Johannes "Hispalensis" or Hispaniensis (John of Seville) ca. 1140 and by Philip of Tripoli c. 1243.

In the 14th century, the alchemist Ortolanus wrote a substantial exegesis on "The Secret of Hermes," which was influential on the subsequent development of alchemy. Many manuscripts of this copy of the Emerald Tablet and the commentary of Ortolanus survive, dating at least as far back as the 15th century.

The Tablet has also been found appended to manuscripts of the Kitab Ustuqus al-Uss al-Thani (Second Book of the Elements of Foundation) attributed to Jabir ibn Hayyan, and the Kitab Sirr al-Khaliqa wa San`at al-Tabi`a (Book of the Secret of Creation and the Art of Nature), dated between 650 and 830 AD.

Influence
In its several Western recensions, the Tablet became a mainstay of medieval and Renaissance alchemy. Commentaries and/or translations were published by, among others, Trithemius, Roger Bacon, Michael Maier, Aleister Crowley, Albertus Magnus, and Isaac Newton.

C.G. Jung identified "The Emerald Tablet" with a table made of green stone which he encountered in the first of a set of his dreams and visions beginning at the end of 1912, and climaxing in his writing the Seven Sermons to the Dead in 1916.

Because of its longstanding popularity, the Emerald Tablet is the only piece of non-Greek Hermetica to attract widespread attention in the West.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerald_Tablet
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #133 on: May 27, 2008, 09:53:39 pm »

Ian Nottingham

Member # 2232

Member Rated:
   posted 12-20-2005 12:42 AM                       
So anyway, the style of language dates it to 300 ad, while the earliest Arab copy dates to 800 ad. We have the first Latin translation at about 1140, with Isaac Newton and all those other guys making their own translations later.

Sure, the original Emerald Tablet is no longer with us, but neither are Plato or Aristotle's original writings and that hasn't kept us from studying them.

[ 12-20-2005, 12:43 AM: Message edited by: Ian Nottingham ]
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #134 on: May 27, 2008, 09:54:18 pm »

Riven

Member # 1495

posted 01-01-2006 09:32 PM                       
Sometimes I wonder Chronos,
using GOOGLE EARTH,
and looking WEST of the Great Pyramid
to the Roash hills of birth,
appear a magnificient labyrinth of lines.

Further left, you'll see
large Circular lines so divine,
arranged as such, a library would
to preserve the age of time.

Tis tru to know the Rose line
to the sun of shadow and light
can a man walk upon the labyrinth
with a book held tight in his might.

and he shall call his book,The Book of Thoth-Riv.

http://www.mts.net/~perasa/Roash%20Labyrinth_Thoth%20Roseline_Riven05.jpg

http://www.mts.net/~perasa/Great%20Pyramid%20enhanced_Riven3.jpg

http://www.mts.net/~perasa/Great%20Pyramid%20Stone%20Plug_Riven05.bmp

http://www.mts.net/~perasa/

Happy NewYear Veronica and Ian.

Thanks for the wonderful wisdom.

Peace and Prosperity for the ages of Time.   Smiley
Posts: 4120 | From: Azores Atlantis Isles. | Registered: May 20
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: