Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 03:17:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)  (Read 20720 times)
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2008, 09:49:34 pm »

Brig

Administrator
Member # 802

posted 11-18-2004 04:41 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want references to your historical sources. There is no references to the emerald tablets of Thoth in any of my references for Alexander the great. If they were as important as you claim, there should be references to them that can actually be dated back further than World War one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 10612 | From: Old Washington, Ohio , USA | Registered: Apr 2002
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2008, 09:50:14 pm »

CAT
Member # 1254

Rate Member   posted 11-18-2004 06:11 PM                       

That's just it Brig, I don't know the real validations of these claims either?!?!
Its been floating around that the Emerald Tablets have a connection with Alexander the Great, and you can also find these accusation all over the internet... But is there real proof to back this claim up, I just don't know? Some of the info I posted came from several web sites...

I'd like to know too... How does one confirm something like this???

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2008, 09:50:51 pm »

rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 11-18-2004 07:22 PM                       
Perhaps by contacting the Manly Hall Archives in Los Angeles....The Philosophical Research Society
[This message has been edited by rockessence (edited 11-18-2004).]

Posts: 3128 | From: Port Townsend WA | Registered: Feb 2004 
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2008, 09:51:25 pm »

CAT
Member # 1254

Rate Member   posted 11-18-2004 08:54 PM                       

<<Perhaps by contacting the Manly Hall Archives in Los Angeles....The Philosophical Research Society>>
That is precisely where I started. I did an internet search under Manly Hall/Emerald Tablets... This is one of the information sites that came up:
http://www.alchemylab.com/hyper_history.htm

[This message has been edited by CAT (edited 11-19-2004).]

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2008, 09:52:00 pm »

cleasterwood

Member # 1620

Member Rated:
   posted 11-19-2004 08:11 AM                       
If I've said it once, I've said it a million times. Every bit of myth is rooted in truth obscured by time. These claims are just that. I would be nice to get irrefutable proof though.
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2008, 09:52:50 pm »

HereForNow
Member # 2132

Rate Member   posted 11-20-2004 11:27 PM                       
http://www.collectiblejewels.com/JewelTalk.html
They were worn by royalty in Babylon and Egypt. Tools dating back to 1300 B.C., during the reign of Rameses II, have been found in emerald mines in Egypt. Queen Cleopatra's emeralds were believed to originate from mines in Southern Egypt, near the Red Sea.

When the conquistadors first arrived in South America from Spain, they saw native rulers wearing emeralds. Large quantities of emeralds were taken from Peruvians during the invasion but the source of the emeralds were never discovered. Then in 1537, the Spaniards found Chivor in Colombia, now the location of an important emerald mine. They also took over the Muzo mine following the defeat of the Muzo Indians. Mining operations at Muzo have continued almost uninterrupted since the Spanish invasion. It is now perhaps the most famous emerald mine in Colombia and is said to produce the world's best emeralds.

There are many myths associated with the emerald. The stone was once believed to prevent epilepsy, stop bleeding, cure dysentery and fever, and protect the wearer from panic. Its magnificent green color was said to rest and relieve the eye. To the ancient Romans, emeralds were dedicated to the goddess Venus because it symbolized the reproductive forces of nature. Early Christians saw it as a symbol of the resurrection of Christ. In the Middle Ages, emeralds were believed to hold the power to foretell the future.

The Holy Grail Cup at the Cathedral in Genoa, Italy is said to be over 700 years old. Legend has it that it was taken from King Herod's banquet table by the Disciples to be used by Jesus at the Last Supper. In the twelfth century, Crusaders returning from the Holy Land brought the Grail to Genoa.

More on emeralds in Egypt.... http://www.viewzone.com/nasca3000.html

A thousand relics found in Egypt
A French-Egyptian archaeology team has retrieved more than 1000 artifacts, including statues and busts of pharaonic gods and goddesses, from the Mediterranean Sea floor off Egypt's northern coast of Alexandria, according to the Egyptian antiquities officials earlier this week. The 2003 Abu Qir Bay Department of Archeology Mission under the Supreme Council of Antiquities and the European Institute for Underwater Archeology unearthed artifacts during archaeological surveys which helped define the topography around the sanctuary site or the temple of Heracles. Dating back to the third and fifth centuries B.C. the finds reveal a cult that worshipped the ancient pharaonic deity Amon and his son Konshu in a bid to preserve the legitimacy of the Ptolemaic reign.
"The discovery includes tools and containers used in religious rituals," said Mohamed Abdel Maqsoud, a senior official in the Supreme Council of Antiquities. Quantities of ritual basins and cult offering objects laid on the sea floor on the channel situated north of the temple site. The French mission, led by Franck Goddio, has left for Paris, Abdel Maqsoud said, and its members could not immediately be reached for comment. An unexplainable find of emerald figures in this region seems to remain unexplained. http://www.thaigem.com/emerald.asp

Originally mined at Queen Cleopatra's Ancient Egyptian emerald mines, the "green fire" was so highly valued in the Middle Ages that Spanish Conquistadors embarked on notorious campaigns to find the location of South America's legendary emerald mines. With bright vivid green colors that are unmatched by any other gem, emerald, the birthstone for May, continues to be one of the world's most desirable gems. Learn More!

If anyone would like,I can produce even more evidence of emeralds bing found in Egypt.... http://www.liv.ac.uk/Archaeology_Classics/research/projects/sikait.html

Peter V
Member posted 10-31-2004 18:07
Pyramids which in no way relate to the Egyptian pyramids.
The Emerald Tablet is a joke.

I hope this doesn't hurt our friendship any Peter. In light of this evidence,I hope I was able to answer the question:Can anyone find a single reference to an artifact coming from ancient Egypt made from actual emerald?
What evidence exists suggusting the tablet of thoth is a historical artifact?

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2008, 09:53:39 pm »

rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 11-23-2004 08:19 PM                       
C.L.
Have you had a chance to check out the HOMER IN THE BALTIC LINK yet?
http://forums.atlantisrising.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000927.html
Posts: 3128 | From: Port Townsend WA | Registered: Feb 2004   

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2008, 09:54:19 pm »

cleasterwood

Member # 1620

Member Rated:
   posted 11-24-2004 10:43 AM                       
Peter,
Why do you even bother?
"A scientist looks at facts and evidence. There is none of that here."
Science is based on speculation and conjecture that's never 100%. Nothing is concrete and science is NOT an exact science. It's all guess work. So why don't you wipe the cobwebs out of YOUR brain.
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2008, 09:55:39 pm »

Akata

Member # 1492

Member Rated:
   posted 11-27-2004 01:22 AM                       
the tables of thoth are no fake peter v
watch you say to acient atlantean soul
me,i now that grant master thoth
writen the tables to preserve his
wisdom and nollage.....
dont insult me peter v
you dont want to anger acient
atlantean soul.....

Posts: 1151 | From: Maribor,Štajerska,Slovenian | Registered: May 2003   
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2008, 09:57:46 pm »

Veronica Poe

Member # 2172

posted 11-30-2004 12:57 AM                       
CAT & HereForNow,
I wish I would have seen some of this new information before I submitted my paper. I ask again, for curiosity's sake this time...does anyone know what actually happened to the Emerald Tablet, namely, where it now is, or if the only evidence around now of it happens to be copies? Thank you all again.

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2008, 09:58:46 pm »

Smiley4554

Administrator
Member # 332

posted 11-30-2004 09:44 AM                       
This might help. It's a history of emeralds.
According to this site,
http://www.gemsuite.com/gemstones/emeralds/history_of_emeralds.html

The Papyrus Prisse says it is 4500 years old.

quote:
"But good words are more difficult to find than the emerald, for it is by slaves that it is discovered among the rocks."

According to this site,

quote:
the passage was copied from a writing 1000 years earlier. The book was probably referring to the Egyptian Mines. The Cleopatra Mines were lost for a thousand years, only to be rediscovered in 1818. Today, Egypt is full of excavations and tunnels. The poor quality and small stone production explains the practical reason why the mines were originally abandoned.

So, regardless, it does appear that emeralds did exist in Egypt at one time, but their quality was very poor, hence abandonment.
http://www.created-uniques.com/history/cleo.htm

Posts: 5887 | From: Arkansas...USA | Registered: Jan 2001   
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2008, 10:01:19 pm »

Nescio
Member # 2264

Rate Member   posted 12-14-2004 03:22 AM                       
Hello,
Was there Emerald or was there not? That seems to be the question here for some. However, this question is irrelevant in respect to the Emerald Tablets of Thoth.

These RT have been published with an introduction. Part of this introduction reads as follows:

Quote -

Now, a word as to the material aspect of the tablets.

They consist of twelve tablets of emerald green, formed from a substance created through alchemical transmutation. They are imperishable, resistant to all elements and substances. In effect, the atomic and cellular structure is fixed, no change ever taking place. In this respect, they violate the material law of ionization.

Upon them are engraved characters in the ancient Atlantean language: characters which respond to attuned thought waves, releasing the associated mental vibration in the mind of the reader.

The tablets are fastened together with hoops of golden-colored alloy suspended from a rod of the same material. So much for the material appearance.

Unquote -

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000474;p=3
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2008, 07:06:04 am »

Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2008, 07:12:12 am »

http://altreligion.about.com/library/texts/bl_tablets14.htm

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Carolyn

« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2008, 10:45:51 pm »

The Emerald Tablet helps in one's own personal transformation.

Carolyn
Report Spam   Logged

He who controls the money, controls the world.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: