Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 08:35:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletons—remains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)  (Read 19792 times)
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 05:35:32 pm »

Peter V

Member # 71

Member Rated:
   posted 11-01-2004 11:59 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Absonite,
I would think that the spiritual midget is the one who judges another's level of spiritual development.

For one who has even the slightest grasp on Egyptian history, the so-called "tablet of thoth" is pure bunk. Inane garbage for the ignorant to whimsicly latch on to for purposes based in the emotional, rather than rational.

Nobody knows where Cleopatra got her emeralds, and considering that mine wasn't open during pharaonic times, my statement stands (I actually don't even think it is real emerald, just another type of stone commonly classified as such). The Egyptians had no use for emerald, or even marble for that matter. You will not find any artifacts, statues, or other antiquites made from emerald, or marble, during the pharaonic period.

There was no source of emerald for the Egyptians of the pharaonic period.

Cleopatra was not Egyptian, she was the last of the Greek rulers during the Ptolemic period.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2008, 05:36:23 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 11-01-2004 02:32 PM                       
Peter, you wrote;
"I would think that the spiritual midget is the one who judges another's level of spiritual development."

Which you then follow up with.....

"For one who has even the slightest grasp on Egyptian history, the so-called "tablet of thoth" is pure bunk. Inane garbage for the ignorant to whimsicly latch on to for purposes based in the emotional, rather than rational. "

Like ah said befo' Peeta, .....spiritual midget.

Sorry, I don't mean to be offensive, and sometimes truth hurts..... for whatever reason when, it really shouldn't, except for possibly the blind and deaf or maybe the coward. Logic really has nothing to do with it.

So, Peter, what exactly is the inane, bunk part of the tablets. I think I read somewhere that they were last seen and last displayed by Alexander the so-called Great. If the material was not Emerald, what do you think it was made from? Do you know much about what is written ***about*** "Thoth" (in distinction to what was said was written ***by**** him)? Can you point out the whimisical and emotional in his so-called writings? What exactly are the "ignorant" latching onto in the myth of Thoth that you are not fooled by due to your faultless logic and apparent ly inate spiritual wisdom? Do you know of any idea or Ideal relating to the concept of the First Source and Center that surpasses the writings of Thoth, or do you just not deal with that at all?

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2008, 05:44:40 pm »

Veronica Poe

Member # 2172

posted 11-01-2004 11:38 PM                       
Didn't mean to start an argument.
Peter, mightn't the emerald been imported? I understand that the Egyptians did trade with other cultures. Perhaps the emerald came from the Phoenicians..?

Thank you for your help, too, Cleasterwood, Absonite & HereForNow. I have other questions, though: even if the tablets were discovered in the 1920's, wasn't there an earlier version of them discovered back in the Middle Ages?

How old is the story of Thoth, the Atlantean anyway? Does it go back before the Middle Ages? I must admit I have only a sketchy knowledge of the Egyptian gods.

Sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions, but the Internet is sketchy on some of these details and, from what I've read, people here do know what they're talking about. You're all to be congratulated for how thorough some of your research is. Some of the details you cover here aren't even mentioned in textbooks. I'm very much in awe of the knowledge. It's all very cool.

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2008, 05:47:55 pm »

rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 11-02-2004 03:19 AM                       
Why does "emerald" have to be the gem emerald which comes only in very small pieces, and not the color emerald, or more precisely; malachite, which can be cut in large slabs and is available in relative abundance in Africa. Zaire (The Republic of Congo, now) previously the Congo I think, is the source of the most spectacular malachite. Also Russia is another source of gorgeous malachite.
If Thoth was from Alt-land-is and from the line of the ruling Aser, then the statement:

"living from generation to generation, being about to pass into the halls of Amenti, set down for the guidance of those that are to come after, these records of the mighty wisdom of Great Atlantis"

possibly reflects the manner in which the name/title/position which each royal family member held would be passed to the next generation's Thor or Sybil or Maia as the former reached the age of "retirement" thereby each "god" living for aeons.

The Bock saga tells of how after the Ice-time, the royal sons and daughters, kings and queens, went out across the world with the immense knowledge of the Aser, and some went their own way and did not keep the old ways, and turned to dark methods of killing , slavery and war.

"Great were my people in the ancient days, great beyond the conception of the little people now around me; knowing the wisdom of old, seeking far within the heart of infinity knowledge that belonged to Earth’s youth. Wise were we with the wisdom of the Children of Light who dwelt among us. Strong were we with the power drawn from the eternal fire. And of all these, greatest among the children of men was my father, THOTME, keeper of the great temple, link between the Children of Light who dwelt within the temple and the races of men who inhabited the ten islands."

Posts: 3128 | From: Port Townsend WA | Registered: Feb 2004   
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2008, 05:49:55 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 11-02-2004 06:03 AM                       
Hi Veronica,
It's nice that you arrived at Thoth in your travels.
As one once said, By their fruits shall you know them. Fruits of course are not the oranges and apples, but by their spiritual fruits. We all probably fall short of this ideal, but not so with Thoth. It is really meaningless to wonder whether or not they are written by Thoth, bunk or whimsy. What is important is the contents and do the contents reflect the flavor of God. and just as the flavor of God is represented to the highest, so also is the "flavor" of the Atlantis story.

As Rocky has quoted from Thoth,

""Great were my people in the ancient days, great beyond the conception of the little people now around me; knowing the wisdom of old, seeking far within the heart of infinity knowledge that belonged to Earth’s youth. Wise were we with the wisdom of the Children of Light who dwelt among us. Strong were we with the power drawn from the eternal fire. And of all these, greatest among the children of men was my father, THOTME, keeper of the great temple, link between the Children of Light who dwelt within the temple and the races of men who inhabited the ten islands."

The children of Light of course were the God knowing and God loving children of Adam & Eve in the first garden/atlantis. The ten islands most likely the area around cyprus during those long ago days when the best evolved were invited into the garden to mate with the ancient mythical "gods" the supermen & women of Atlantis.

Rocky,
from what I perceive, the wisdom of Thoth probably lies more along the lines of the true path and communication with God rather than any lines of descent, although perhaps the lines are there as well. This planet, since the Lucifer fiasco has been quite confused about the reality of God. That is why even today, many still are unsure. That is the legacy of Lucifer and the reason Jesus really came here. To reveal his Father to all mankind. We have made this into a religion about Jesus.

One interesting thing about this passage from Thoth you quoted is the reference to his father Thotme. The ME in ancient writings like Enlil Enki and Ninlil represents the ancient wisdom of the universe. The wisdom brought with Adam & Eve to earth. The ancient "gods" of eden/atlantis were the keepers of the ME, and of Thoth it is said......

He was the 'One who Made Calculations Concerning the Heavens, the Stars and the Earth', the 'Reckoner of Times and of Seasons', the one who 'Measured out the Heavens and Planned the Earth'. He was 'He who Balances', the 'God of the Equilibrium' and 'Master of the Balance'. 'The Lord of the Divine Body', 'Scribe of the Company of the Gods', the 'Voice of Ra', the 'Author of Every Work on Every Branch of Knowledge, Both Human and Divine', he who understood 'all that is hidden under the heavenly vault'. Thoth was not just a scribe and friend to the gods, but central to order - ma'at - both in Egypt and in the Duat. He was 'He who Reckons the Heavens, the Counter of the Stars and the Measurer of the Earth'.

Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2008, 07:45:37 pm »

Wow, it's nice to see some of the old crew again.....

Now all we have to do is reunite Sammy, Franky and Dean...  Smiley

BTW How is Dawn doing Veronica?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 07:49:59 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2008, 08:51:02 pm »

Hi Herefornow,

Dawn is doing okay, she usually checks in every two days or so.  Such busy lives we all lead these days. Hope things are going fine for you.

Peace,

Veronica
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2008, 08:52:11 pm »

Peter V

Member # 71

Member Rated:
   posted 11-02-2004 10:14 AM                       
My comment had nothing to do with spiritual progress, it had to do with people attaching themselves to a theory emotionally, and letting over-ride their rationality and drive for honest, let me say that again, HONEST research.
As their reality is based SOLEY on rumour with no evidence backing up their historical authenticity whatsoever, anyone who believes in their existance is totally of that mindset.

I used to believe in them. I used to believe in Atlantis. Heck, I used to believe I had a past life in Atlantis and was a devout follower of Cayce, et al. I was honest enough to change my mind and disregard those beliefs when I came across contradictory evidence. That takes a lot of desire to find the truth, when you allow your belief system to be entirely transformed and switched around as the evidence comes in. And if new evidence came in, I would switch my belief system again.

No, they didn't import their emerald. There are no artifacts from pharaonic Egypt made from emerald. Faiance? Yes. I found a piece which may have been the earliest ever made in Egypt this summer while on a dig in Egypt. Turquoise? In abundance. Lapis Lazuli? Absolutely, they got this stuff from trade routes extending into Afghanistan. But no emerald.

I'm very familiar with what the ancient Egyptians themselves had to say about their god, Thoth. And it doesn't match anything in his supposed writings. Everything said to have been written by him, and everything you have quoted here thus far, could have been written by a 12 year old follower of Cayce's readings with a little embellishment to increase the fun factor thrown in.

[This message has been edited by Peter V (edited 11-02-2004).]

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2008, 08:52:42 pm »

cleasterwood

Member # 1620

Member Rated:
   posted 11-02-2004 11:34 AM                       
Peter,
We know you are a controversial theorist turned mainstream student. Although you have a great grasp of Egyptian 'mainstream' history, you really should return to your more controversial roots. I think you are just being silly in debunking hopes and aspirations of the students Thoth. Grasping at "it's a fake" and arguing your point does not become you nor does it help this young lady write her paper. We're all here because we believe in the controversial theories in one way or another, including you.
------------------
I'm just here for the research!

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2008, 08:53:15 pm »

Brig

Administrator
Member # 802

posted 11-02-2004 01:11 PM                       
Peter, I agree that the emerald tablets of Thoth are a figment of someones overactive imagination. However, contrary to your vast knowledge, an emerald mine did exist in ancient Egypt. Don't remember the location exactly, but it was in one hellish and hot area of the country (moreso than general egyptian conditions). I read about it in a book about Emeralds. I feel sure that if you check out your references you will find I'm right on this one.
Posts: 10609 | From: Old Washington, Ohio , USA | Registered: Apr 2002   
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2008, 08:53:48 pm »

Brig

Administrator
Member # 802

posted 11-02-2004 01:13 PM                       
and Yes it was there during the time of the Pharoahs.
Posts: 10609 | From: Old Washington, Ohio , USA | Registered: Apr 2002   
Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2008, 08:54:30 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 11-02-2004 02:11 PM                       
Peter wrote:
"I used to believe in them. I used to believe in Atlantis. Heck, I used to believe I had a past life in Atlantis and was a devout follower of Cayce, et al. "

Wow Peter you were really wacked out, huh.

"I was honest enough to change my mind and disregard those beliefs when I came across contradictory evidence. That takes a lot of desire to find the truth, when you allow your belief system to be entirely transformed and switched around as the evidence comes in. "

and what makes you believe that your not just as wacked out now, just the flip side of the coin ...-overcompensation. Probably the key is balance and remember Thoth was the God of balance.

"And if new evidence came in, I would switch my belief system again."

You know something Peter, I believe you, Brig wrote something similar awhile ago, and yet, he still has no idea about spiritual reality. He is a fundamentalist X-tian and can't see beyond Paul's religion about Jesus into the higher spiritual reality of Jesus. It's understandable that you keep changing your belief system to conform to breaking news. A lot of people do that. Especially when you have a faulty belief system regarding reality, like Paul's, it is good to switch sides now and again. How long do you think it will be when you no longer have to switch your belief system of reality back and forth like a fart in a thunderstorm? Do you know of anything on this planet or elsewhere that can help you unify your belief system into a coherent reality which could possibly carry you through all the way to eternity? You could probably start with simple faith and move along to more enduring material, like truth. Thoth has that same ring of truth. I don't really know or care much about emeralds or what some person has coined for a phrase. The spiritual insight of the tablets, even if made of lead contains the real cosmic secret, even the Supreme. As far as the 12 year old goes, that is only a reflection of your own spiritual midgetness. If you keep up with this line of thinking, you will become smaller and smaller until you just aren't there anymore.

remember the bad witch from the east ...... I'm melting........ i'm melting.

And then Jesus went over to Philip, who, standing up, heard this message from his Master: "Philip, you have asked me many foolish questions, but I have done my utmost to answer every one, and now would I answer the last of such questionings which have arisen in your most honest but unspiritual mind. All the time I have been coming around toward you, have you been saying to yourself, `What shall I ever do if the Master goes away and leaves us alone in the world?' O, you of little faith! And yet you have almost as much as many of your brethren. You have been a good steward, Philip. You failed us only a few times, and one of those failures we utilized to manifest the Father's glory. Your office of stewardship is about over. You must soon more fully do the work you were called to do--the preaching of this gospel of the kingdom. Philip, you have always wanted to be shown, and very soon shall you see great things. Far better that you should have seen all this by faith, but since you were sincere even in your material sightedness, you will live to see my words fulfilled. And then, when you are blessed with spiritual vision, go forth to your work, dedicating your life to the cause of leading mankind to search for God and to seek eternal realities with the eye of spiritual faith and not with the eyes of the material mind. Remember, Philip, you have a great mission on earth, for the world is filled with those who look at life just as you have tended to. You have a great work to do, and when it is finished in faith, you shall come to me in my kingdom, and I will take great pleasure in showing you that which eye has not seen, ear heard, nor the mortal mind conceived. In the meantime, become as a little child in the kingdom of the spirit and permit me, as the spirit of the new teacher, to lead you forward in the spiritual kingdom. And in this way will I be able to do much for you which I was not able to accomplish when I sojourned with you as a mortal of the realm. And always remember, Philip, he who has seen me has seen the Father."

http://www.urantia.com/cgi-bin/webglimpse/mfs/usr/local/www/data/papers?link=http://mercy.urantia.org/papers/paper181.html&file=/usr/local/www/data/papers/paper181.html&line=92#mfs

[This message has been edited by Absonite (edited 11-02-2004).]

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2008, 08:55:06 pm »

Peter V

Member # 71

Member Rated:
   posted 11-02-2004 10:38 PM                       
How many people here have professionally excavated in Egypt?
How many of you have formally studied Egyptology?

I'll wait for the "me".

Guys, seriously, grow up.

I bent you can't wait for the spring because you *know* you're gonna get chocolate.

Seriously, intelligent people are laughing at you.

[This message has been edited by Peter V (edited 11-02-2004).]

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2008, 08:55:55 pm »

cleasterwood

Member # 1620

Member Rated:
   posted 11-03-2004 04:54 AM                       
Peter,
Not everyone has the resources at hand that you do but it doesn't mean we are stupid or lack intelligence. Rest assured If I had a better time of life, I would have done all the things you have. Egypt is my passion and just because I haven't studied formally doesn't mean I lack knowledge. I've read enough text books and Egyptology books to know more than what you give me credit for. Just becuase I chose to take the path less traveled means nothing. I still love Egypt and one day I will go.
Obviously, you don't know everything either as Emeralds did exist in Ancient Egypt. As a matter of fact, here's a list of Emerald mines in Africa from http://www.preciousgemstones.com/gfsummertwo.html printed by Gemstone Forecaster.

WORLD GEMSTONE MINING REPORT
AFRICA
Madagascar- Recently, a new find of blue sapphire was discovered in Southern Madagascar. The crystals are similar to Kashmir, although the material is cloudy and zoned. Heat treatment is effective. Most of the production is small, but a few stones over several carats have been seen. [bold]Emerald[/bold] production has decreased considerably.

Ethiopia-Peridot has been discovered that is similar to Arizona peridot.

Somalia-Low-quality emerald has been found. The pieces weigh between 1/4 gram to 4 grams. The material is best for cabachons, and is medium to dark. [bold]The material is similar to and detectable like most African emeralds.[/bold]

Kenya-A new tsavorite mine has been discovered. However, the output is small.

Tanzania-A new low grade emerald mine was recently discovered in Manghola. Production is expected in 1995. Colored sapphire are also being mined; green, magenta, and red. Most of the goods are over 2 grams.

Zambia-The Kamakanga emerald mine has reopened after seven years of being closed. It is producing all grades. Other emerald mines have dramatically reduced production.

Mozambique-Large quantities of high-quality aquamarines are being produced. The quality is so good it does not need to be heated.

South Africa-A new emerald deposit is reported in Northern Transvaal. The material is commercial quality.

Namibia-Presently, a bright orange spessartine garnet, named "mandarin", is being produced. This mine was discovered in 1993.

Sierra Leone-Large quantities of low-quality ruby is being produced in this country. It is red-brown and opaque, suitable for beads or low quality cabochons.

Looks to me like there are plenty of Emeralds in Africa and well, Egypt IS IN AFRICA! It's not hard to add one and one to get two. Laugh at me all you want, I could care less!

Report Spam   Logged
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2008, 08:56:32 pm »

Peter V

Member # 71

Member Rated:
   posted 11-03-2004 07:37 AM                       
Critical thinking. You guys need to use it.
Egypt did not have access to those mines in pharaonic times. If you have done the research you tell me you have, why don't you know this?

Its the same as proclaiming the Egyptians had access to diamonds because diamonds are found not far from Egypt. Uhh...so what?

Again, no emeralds in pharaonic Egypt. Try as you might, you won't find it. The emerald tablet is bunk.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: