Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 10:33:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Did Humans Colonize the World by Boat?
Research suggests our ancestors traveled the oceans 70,000 years ago
http://discovermagazine.com/2008/jun/20-did-humans-colonize-the-world-by-boat

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)  (Read 19953 times)
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2008, 09:52:50 pm »

HereForNow
Member # 2132

Rate Member   posted 11-20-2004 11:27 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.collectiblejewels.com/JewelTalk.html
They were worn by royalty in Babylon and Egypt. Tools dating back to 1300 B.C., during the reign of Rameses II, have been found in emerald mines in Egypt. Queen Cleopatra's emeralds were believed to originate from mines in Southern Egypt, near the Red Sea.

When the conquistadors first arrived in South America from Spain, they saw native rulers wearing emeralds. Large quantities of emeralds were taken from Peruvians during the invasion but the source of the emeralds were never discovered. Then in 1537, the Spaniards found Chivor in Colombia, now the location of an important emerald mine. They also took over the Muzo mine following the defeat of the Muzo Indians. Mining operations at Muzo have continued almost uninterrupted since the Spanish invasion. It is now perhaps the most famous emerald mine in Colombia and is said to produce the world's best emeralds.

There are many myths associated with the emerald. The stone was once believed to prevent epilepsy, stop bleeding, cure dysentery and fever, and protect the wearer from panic. Its magnificent green color was said to rest and relieve the eye. To the ancient Romans, emeralds were dedicated to the goddess Venus because it symbolized the reproductive forces of nature. Early Christians saw it as a symbol of the resurrection of Christ. In the Middle Ages, emeralds were believed to hold the power to foretell the future.

The Holy Grail Cup at the Cathedral in Genoa, Italy is said to be over 700 years old. Legend has it that it was taken from King Herod's banquet table by the Disciples to be used by Jesus at the Last Supper. In the twelfth century, Crusaders returning from the Holy Land brought the Grail to Genoa.

More on emeralds in Egypt.... http://www.viewzone.com/nasca3000.html

A thousand relics found in Egypt
A French-Egyptian archaeology team has retrieved more than 1000 artifacts, including statues and busts of pharaonic gods and goddesses, from the Mediterranean Sea floor off Egypt's northern coast of Alexandria, according to the Egyptian antiquities officials earlier this week. The 2003 Abu Qir Bay Department of Archeology Mission under the Supreme Council of Antiquities and the European Institute for Underwater Archeology unearthed artifacts during archaeological surveys which helped define the topography around the sanctuary site or the temple of Heracles. Dating back to the third and fifth centuries B.C. the finds reveal a cult that worshipped the ancient pharaonic deity Amon and his son Konshu in a bid to preserve the legitimacy of the Ptolemaic reign.
"The discovery includes tools and containers used in religious rituals," said Mohamed Abdel Maqsoud, a senior official in the Supreme Council of Antiquities. Quantities of ritual basins and cult offering objects laid on the sea floor on the channel situated north of the temple site. The French mission, led by Franck Goddio, has left for Paris, Abdel Maqsoud said, and its members could not immediately be reached for comment. An unexplainable find of emerald figures in this region seems to remain unexplained. http://www.thaigem.com/emerald.asp

Originally mined at Queen Cleopatra's Ancient Egyptian emerald mines, the "green fire" was so highly valued in the Middle Ages that Spanish Conquistadors embarked on notorious campaigns to find the location of South America's legendary emerald mines. With bright vivid green colors that are unmatched by any other gem, emerald, the birthstone for May, continues to be one of the world's most desirable gems. Learn More!

If anyone would like,I can produce even more evidence of emeralds bing found in Egypt.... http://www.liv.ac.uk/Archaeology_Classics/research/projects/sikait.html

Peter V
Member posted 10-31-2004 18:07
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pyramids which in no way relate to the Egyptian pyramids.
The Emerald Tablet is a joke.

I hope this doesn't hurt our friendship any Peter. In light of this evidence,I hope I was able to answer the question:Can anyone find a single reference to an artifact coming from ancient Egypt made from actual emerald?
What evidence exists suggusting the tablet of thoth is a historical artifact?

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: