Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 07:36:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)  (Read 20825 times)
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2008, 09:36:38 pm »

Veronica Poe

Member # 2172

posted 11-10-2004 01:16 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for all your help, Cleasterwood, I really like your writing, not only here, but in the other threads I've read that you have participated in. I love Egypt to my core, and it seems you feel that way, too.
I'm inclined to believe that the tablet is genuine, mainly because the information seems to correspond with the information from Egyptian mythology (even if archaeology might tell a different story). If Thoth plays a different role in the tablet than he does in the mythology, I certainly can't see it. And if you tell me that the tablet actually is in someone's keeping, I have to believe you (does anyone know who's keeping exactly?)

Still, it would be nice to hear the mainstream argument once again so that I could weigh the arguments to the contrary.

This is one of the few Egyptian documents where Atlantis is actually mentioned by name, is it not?

[This message has been edited by Veronica Poe (edited 11-10-2004).]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: