Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:22:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)  (Read 19851 times)
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2008, 09:16:17 pm »

cleasterwood

Member # 1620

Member Rated:
   posted 11-05-2004 04:25 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rock,
You are correct, I should not insist that encyclopedia entries are accurate. However, for the sake of this arguement, they are only because Gemologists agree and what do they have to lose? Nothing. Regardless of what the Emerald Tablets are made of, they are green or emerald in color.
Peter,
If there is one, I'll find it. Guaranteed. But let me ask you this, What evidence suggests they aren't a historical artifact? It works both ways? It's merely a matter of faith.

Via Mars,
To me the Bible isn't anything more than a male dominated historical recount of a group of people with some added content to make others in a barbaric era with little to do follow its 'laws' and find what they deem God to be, thereby finding spirituality. Next thing you know, we'll be arguing whether the Mahabarata and other ancient religious texts are fiction. I mean after all, they have UFO references in them, even the Bible. Most 'religious' texts do though.

John,
It is STAKE not steak. You need to buy a dictionary. Steak is meat and stake means 'put at risk or place a bet on'. Don't be a troll. Oh, and troll is also a fishing term as is trolling for dolphin. For someone speaking of flaming, you're doing a good job of it by calling people 'wags'. Don't point the finger if you resemble the remark.

Besides, this shouldn't be an arguement over whether they are real or fake or emeralds not existing in Egypt. Also, who says Thoth got the 'Emeralds' from Egypt? He does state after all that he is Thoth the Atlantean, not Thoth the Egyptian. Perhaps they were written in a different location. We should be analyzing the content to see if there is any 'enlightenment' which we can gain from it. Real or Fake, what does it matter? Not much really. What is most important is does its words hold value, are they merely jargon, or do they have a deeper meaning which will bring our souls closer to the creator?

<b>Just remember this: Every myth has a basis of some truth to it.</b>

Prime Example: Troy was thought to be myth until someone found it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: