Atlantis Online
December 05, 2019, 04:12:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)  (Read 12857 times)
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 08:55:55 pm »

cleasterwood

Member # 1620

Member Rated:
   posted 11-03-2004 04:54 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter,
Not everyone has the resources at hand that you do but it doesn't mean we are stupid or lack intelligence. Rest assured If I had a better time of life, I would have done all the things you have. Egypt is my passion and just because I haven't studied formally doesn't mean I lack knowledge. I've read enough text books and Egyptology books to know more than what you give me credit for. Just becuase I chose to take the path less traveled means nothing. I still love Egypt and one day I will go.
Obviously, you don't know everything either as Emeralds did exist in Ancient Egypt. As a matter of fact, here's a list of Emerald mines in Africa from http://www.preciousgemstones.com/gfsummertwo.html printed by Gemstone Forecaster.

WORLD GEMSTONE MINING REPORT
AFRICA
Madagascar- Recently, a new find of blue sapphire was discovered in Southern Madagascar. The crystals are similar to Kashmir, although the material is cloudy and zoned. Heat treatment is effective. Most of the production is small, but a few stones over several carats have been seen. [bold]Emerald[/bold] production has decreased considerably.

Ethiopia-Peridot has been discovered that is similar to Arizona peridot.

Somalia-Low-quality emerald has been found. The pieces weigh between 1/4 gram to 4 grams. The material is best for cabachons, and is medium to dark. [bold]The material is similar to and detectable like most African emeralds.[/bold]

Kenya-A new tsavorite mine has been discovered. However, the output is small.

Tanzania-A new low grade emerald mine was recently discovered in Manghola. Production is expected in 1995. Colored sapphire are also being mined; green, magenta, and red. Most of the goods are over 2 grams.

Zambia-The Kamakanga emerald mine has reopened after seven years of being closed. It is producing all grades. Other emerald mines have dramatically reduced production.

Mozambique-Large quantities of high-quality aquamarines are being produced. The quality is so good it does not need to be heated.

South Africa-A new emerald deposit is reported in Northern Transvaal. The material is commercial quality.

Namibia-Presently, a bright orange spessartine garnet, named "mandarin", is being produced. This mine was discovered in 1993.

Sierra Leone-Large quantities of low-quality ruby is being produced in this country. It is red-brown and opaque, suitable for beads or low quality cabochons.

Looks to me like there are plenty of Emeralds in Africa and well, Egypt IS IN AFRICA! It's not hard to add one and one to get two. Laugh at me all you want, I could care less!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: