Atlantis Online
December 07, 2019, 11:20:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)  (Read 12893 times)
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 08:52:11 pm »

Peter V

Member # 71

Member Rated:
   posted 11-02-2004 10:14 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My comment had nothing to do with spiritual progress, it had to do with people attaching themselves to a theory emotionally, and letting over-ride their rationality and drive for honest, let me say that again, HONEST research.
As their reality is based SOLEY on rumour with no evidence backing up their historical authenticity whatsoever, anyone who believes in their existance is totally of that mindset.

I used to believe in them. I used to believe in Atlantis. Heck, I used to believe I had a past life in Atlantis and was a devout follower of Cayce, et al. I was honest enough to change my mind and disregard those beliefs when I came across contradictory evidence. That takes a lot of desire to find the truth, when you allow your belief system to be entirely transformed and switched around as the evidence comes in. And if new evidence came in, I would switch my belief system again.

No, they didn't import their emerald. There are no artifacts from pharaonic Egypt made from emerald. Faiance? Yes. I found a piece which may have been the earliest ever made in Egypt this summer while on a dig in Egypt. Turquoise? In abundance. Lapis Lazuli? Absolutely, they got this stuff from trade routes extending into Afghanistan. But no emerald.

I'm very familiar with what the ancient Egyptians themselves had to say about their god, Thoth. And it doesn't match anything in his supposed writings. Everything said to have been written by him, and everything you have quoted here thus far, could have been written by a 12 year old follower of Cayce's readings with a little embellishment to increase the fun factor thrown in.

[This message has been edited by Peter V (edited 11-02-2004).]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: