Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 04:44:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)  (Read 20875 times)
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 05:44:40 pm »

Veronica Poe

Member # 2172

posted 11-01-2004 11:38 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Didn't mean to start an argument.
Peter, mightn't the emerald been imported? I understand that the Egyptians did trade with other cultures. Perhaps the emerald came from the Phoenicians..?

Thank you for your help, too, Cleasterwood, Absonite & HereForNow. I have other questions, though: even if the tablets were discovered in the 1920's, wasn't there an earlier version of them discovered back in the Middle Ages?

How old is the story of Thoth, the Atlantean anyway? Does it go back before the Middle Ages? I must admit I have only a sketchy knowledge of the Egyptian gods.

Sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions, but the Internet is sketchy on some of these details and, from what I've read, people here do know what they're talking about. You're all to be congratulated for how thorough some of your research is. Some of the details you cover here aren't even mentioned in textbooks. I'm very much in awe of the knowledge. It's all very cool.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: