Atlantis Online
December 06, 2019, 06:50:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Comet theory collides with Clovis research, may explain disappearance of ancient people
http://uscnews.sc.edu/ARCH190.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Emerald Tablet of Thoth (Original Version)  (Read 12867 times)
Veronica Poe
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 05:35:32 pm »

Peter V

Member # 71

Member Rated:
   posted 11-01-2004 11:59 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Absonite,
I would think that the spiritual midget is the one who judges another's level of spiritual development.

For one who has even the slightest grasp on Egyptian history, the so-called "tablet of thoth" is pure bunk. Inane garbage for the ignorant to whimsicly latch on to for purposes based in the emotional, rather than rational.

Nobody knows where Cleopatra got her emeralds, and considering that mine wasn't open during pharaonic times, my statement stands (I actually don't even think it is real emerald, just another type of stone commonly classified as such). The Egyptians had no use for emerald, or even marble for that matter. You will not find any artifacts, statues, or other antiquites made from emerald, or marble, during the pharaonic period.

There was no source of emerald for the Egyptians of the pharaonic period.

Cleopatra was not Egyptian, she was the last of the Greek rulers during the Ptolemic period.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: