Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 08:12:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Clinton touts her experience with guns, then says that experience is irrelevant

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clinton touts her experience with guns, then says that experience is irrelevant  (Read 27 times)
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« on: April 13, 2008, 08:29:44 pm »

Clinton touts her experience with guns
Posted: 07:00 PM ET

Sen. Evan Bayh looks on as Sen. Clinton greets supporters in Valparaiso, Indiana.
VALPARAISO, Indiana (CNN) — Hillary Clinton appealed to Second Amendment supporters on Saturday by hinting that she has some experience of her own pulling triggers.

“I disagree with Sen. Obama’s assertion that people in our country cling to guns and have certain attitudes about trade and immigration simply out of frustration,” she began, referring to the Obama comments on small-town Americans that set off a political tumult on Friday.

She then introduced a fond memory from her youth.

“You know, my dad took me out behind the cottage that my grandfather built on a little lake called Lake Winola outside of Scranton and taught me how to shoot when I was a little girl,” she said.

“You know, some people now continue to teach their children and their grandchildren. It’s part of culture. It’s part of a way of life. People enjoy hunting and shooting because it’s an important part of who they are. Not because they are bitter.”

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 08:30:38 pm »

Clinton: 'Not relevant' last time I went to church, fired gun

Posted: 05:00 PM ET

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2008/04/13/sot.h.clinton.mum.guns.cnn

Watch a clip of Sen. Clinton's Sunday press conference.

SCRANTON, Pennsylvania (CNN) – After a weekend spent making direct appeals to gun owners and church goers, Hillary Clinton said Sunday a query about the last time she fired a gun or attended church services "is not a relevant question in this debate” over Barack Obama’s recent comments on small town Americans.

“We can answer that some other time,” Clinton said at a press conference held in a working class neighborhood here. “This is about what people feel is being said about them. I went to church on Easter. I mean, so?”

Clinton described the furor surrounding Obama’s remarks as “about how people look at the Democratic Party and the Democratic Party leadership.”

“We have been working very hard to make it clear that we have millions of Democrats who are church going and gun-owning,” she said. “And we are tired of having Republicans, or frankly our own Democrats, give any ammunition to Republicans because what happens then is Republicans take advantage of the situation.”

Read the rest of this entry »

« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 08:32:56 pm by Deanna Witmer » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: