Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 09:01:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Media takes out of context, then manufactures big controversy over Obama remark

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Media takes out of context, then manufactures big controversy over Obama remark  (Read 139 times)
April Kincaid
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 09:01:52 pm »

What really gets me is how Obama refused to comment on the "sniper fire" controversy, and also didn't say a thing about Bill Clinton getting an $800,000 payoff from Colombia for a free trade deal she is supposesly against. 

Then, she has the nerve to jump all over this, especially when she and her husband have made over 100 mil the last few years?

Hey, Hillary! 

Did you ever think about knocking John McCain every once in awhile as opposed to someone in your own party??
Report Spam   Logged

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 12:50:54 pm »

Clinton: Obama's 'bitter' remarks 'demeaning'
Posted: 11:15 AM ET

Watch Sen. Clinton respond to the controversy surrounding Sen. Obama's recent comments.

INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana (CNN) — Hillary Clinton sought on Saturday to fan the flames surrounding Barack Obama's controversial assertion that voters in some small towns are "bitter."

Clinton told an audience of automotive workers here that she was "taken aback by the demeaning remarks Sen. Obama made about people in small town America."

"Sen. Obama's remarks are elitist and out of touch," she said. "they are not reflective of the values and beliefs of Americans, certainly not the Americans I know, not the Americans I grew up with, not the Americans I lived with in Arkansas or represent in New York."

Clinton aides said they planned to make Obama's comments central to their message on the campaign trail this weekend. The New York senator will campaign across Indiana Saturday, and will return to Pennsylvania on Sunday.

...and now more CFR theater.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 01:10:54 pm »

What really gets me is how Obama refused to comment on the "sniper fire" controversy, and also didn't say a thing about Bill Clinton getting an $800,000 payoff from Colombia for a free trade deal she is supposesly against. 

Then, she has the nerve to jump all over this, especially when she and her husband have made over 100 mil the last few years?

Hey, Hillary! 

Did you ever think about knocking John McCain every once in awhile as opposed to someone in your own party??

My prediction is that this whole thing is going to backfire on her.  It certainly did with the Rev. Wright issue.

Report Spam   Logged
Penny
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 03:20:53 pm »

I can't believe this became the fuss that it did.  I first heard the comments and I didn't even know what the big deal was.

Most people who run for President are rich.  The Clintons have a hundred million dollars and so does McCain and they are the ones attacking Obama for being an elitist?  Come on!!!

I guess people are used to getting their politics in sound bites and not off the issues.
Report Spam   Logged
Vernon Guilley

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 09:52:04 pm »

I am totally disappointed in this Barama fella, he is not in touch with my values, in fact, I think he looks down on people like me.  Why aren't decent Americans like Pat Buchanan or David Duke running for President?  That's what America needs, folks who are in touch with the average man.
Report Spam   Logged
Monique Faulkner
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2008, 11:00:27 am »

Obama makes light of 'bitter' comments
Posted: 03:27 PM ET

Watch part of Sen. Obama's speech Monday.

WASHINGTON (CNN) –- Democrat Barack Obama continued to tweak his explanation of what some in the media are now referring to as "bitter-gate" by saying he now feels his comments have served as a "distraction."

"I regret some of the words I chose," Obama said Monday at The Associated Press annual conference in Washington, D.C., "partly because the way that these remarks have been interpreted have offended some people and partly because they have served as one more distraction from the critical debate that we must have in this election season."

At a closed door fundraiser just over a week ago, the Illinois senator referred to some small-town Pennsylvanians as "bitter" people who "cling to guns and religion."

At the top of his remarks to the crowd, which included a significant number of journalists, Obama made an attempt to turn what he calls his badly-chosen words into a joke.

"I know I kept a lot of you guys busy this weekend with the comments I made last week. Some of you might even be a little bitter about that," he said to soft laughter.

Report Spam   Logged
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 04:09:01 pm »

I am totally disappointed in this Barama fella, he is not in touch with my values, in fact, I think he looks down on people like me.  Why aren't decent Americans like Pat Buchanan or David Duke running for President?  That's what America needs, folks who are in touch with the average man.

And just which candidate would happen to be in touch with your values, pray tell??
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: