Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 09:21:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Strabo's Geography & His Five Missing Isles in the Atlantic

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Strabo's Geography & His Five Missing Isles in the Atlantic  (Read 201 times)
+Faith+
Superhero Member

« on: April 13, 2008, 03:33:35 pm »

(Per Chronos)

He mentions five cities outside the Pillars of Hercules, in the eastern Atlantic that modern geography cannot locate:

Gymnesiae
Erytheia
Hera's Island
Ebusus
Ophiussa

Has anyone any further information on them?

God Bless,

+Faith+
Report Spam   Logged

(Psalms) 31:5,
"Into your hands I commit my spirit; redeem me, O LORD, the God of truth."

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 11:21:27 am »

no, not out right
but I made the discovery
that west-oceanus is actually the sinus arabicus and thus the known world(-ocean) or oikumenos was the red-sea and araby

thus the East okeanos, would be either the gulf of aden or more likely the sinus - persicus

erytheia was also known as the isle in the mouth of the ocean (thus  at the junction of red-sea and the gulf =Sea of Atlas.)

either this isle  itself or the two canals or fords running on either side were named the 'pillars' of hercules

but this isle containing the Pillars was supposedly situated in the county of the hyperboreans which thus must be an ancient name-form of the geo-name of hadramaut.

orchomenos was the capital of oikumenos thus by this atlantis was araby and aden was it's capital

moreover  POSEIDON -POLIS is  dirived from RAS - AIDON/ biblical EDEN which by earth-axis topple is now a desert!

the other 4 isles I cannot place only HERA's isle may be equals to Ogygos Isle of Circe thus SOCHO-Thera

dont forget that all these isles existed as extinguised volcano cones with sea-level only 50 meters lower

erytheia is now a coastal elevation called the danakill (= dead Sea.)region or AFAR - Triangle.

all this isle of fortune confusion started when in 250 bc eratosthenes moved these pillars to gibraltar ( from: danakill/ bab al mandab strait, by political motivation.)

thus by proxxy, all ancient geo names around the media-terra-nean-Sea are pure Ethiopian from H's Ethiopia Map.
thus the azores are not the blessed isles of atlas and rio de oro never contained  " ethiopians.")

HELIOTOPOS publishinghouse falsely let loose 50 atlantis reference points which I managed to reduce to only three

Please study bthem and report to me your FAQ-comment(-s)

Sincerely bluehue dd April-21 - 2009
Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: