Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 05:38:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ruins of 7,000-year-old city found in Egypt oasis
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080129/wl_mideast_afp/egyptarchaeology

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Expresso Yourself at the Espresso Bar!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Expresso Yourself at the Espresso Bar!  (Read 14538 times)
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 03:41:09 am »

Mean Woman Blues

Words & Music: Claude DeMetrius

I got a woman,
Mean as she can be
I got a woman,
Mean as she can be
Sometimes I think
She's almost mean as me

A black cat up and died of fright
'Cause she crossed his path last night
Oh, I got a woman
Mean as she can be
Sometimes I think
She's almost mean as me

She kiss so hard, she bruise my lips
Hurts so good, my heart just flips
Oh, I got a woman
Mean as she can be
Sometimes I think
She's almost mean as me

The strangest gal I ever had
Never happy 'less she's mad
Oh, I got a woman
Mean as she can be
Sometimes I think
She's almost mean as me

She makes love without a smile
Ooh, hot dog that drives me wild
Oh, I got a woman
Mean as she can be
Sometimes I think
She's almost mean as me

« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 07:37:33 am by unknown » Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
bluducky

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 04:01:12 am »

Love the touch, love everything about it. Smiley

Although I swear I saw a few ghosts of AR's past over in the darkened corner, a few of the notorious members.  I think you should turn up those Nine Inch Nails, and scare them away, Jennie Wink

As for me, I am going to partake of a dinnerable type meal -- which btw, MOST coffee shops don't serve. (I'm hoping this one is an exception)

Bonne Nuit...

Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 06:15:50 am »

Oh guitar huh?  I'd better go get mine,   Ah Pagan ,strum out some blues in E with the Hendrix chord please .mellow Improv session   Wink   

..!... and turn that Nine Inch nails down!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 11:08:46 am »

Things could have been worse, I suppose.  All those kids could have been killed from a terrorist attack and Bush would have used it to try and get four more years...

Yeah, thank god an Islamist didn't do it in the name of allah, or the rightwingers would run roughshod over our rights. Now lets hope, since it was just a nut with a gun, that the leftwingers don't try to run roughshod over our rights.

Do you own any guns, Cydonia?  If so, what kind..?
Report Spam   Logged

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."
Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 11:12:51 am »

Pagan gets drunk and starts a striptease.  Michelle, looking for vengeance calls the cops and the boys in blue come by, wanting to shut the place down for lewd conduct.

Gee, we have some explaining to do.

Oh, lucky us!

One of the patrons is an off duty officer and he puts in a good word for us.

The place stays open. I order a steak and some fries, and once again, everything is fine with the world...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 01:34:32 pm by Trent » Report Spam   Logged

rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 11:32:10 am »

"lude" conduct?  Is someone on ludes?  Oh you must mean "lewd" if Paggie's involved......   

Bob McGuire sits down to the old upright.... Hmmmmm, almost sounds like Billie Holiday will step out of the shadows and moan into the night.....  This is gonna be good.
Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Trent
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 01:35:32 pm »

Rock, 'lewd' would be right.  Knew I shouldn't have had those last few dozen beers.
Report Spam   Logged

Nicole Jimmelson
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 08:49:35 pm »

I put some money in the jukebox and the delirous strains of Traffic "Low Spark of High Heeled Boys" comes on - if ever there was a song like the people who made it are all on drugs, it's that one.
Report Spam   Logged
Morrison
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 09:09:29 pm »

A pity that Nicole hadn't put on something with a better beat.  I might have asked her to dance.
Report Spam   Logged
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 09:28:54 pm »

Just got back from Spring Break.  How is everyone??

Really some culture shock, as soon as I get back, the news is filled with word of the mass murders at Virginia Tech.  Really makes you eager to go back to classes again! 

Those poor kids at Virginia Tech.  It is way too easy to get a firearm in  this country.
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 10:19:29 pm »

Isn't this cool?

Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2007, 10:22:05 pm »

I just love animation:

Report Spam   Logged

rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2007, 10:47:09 pm »

http://astrogeology.usgs.gov/Gallery/MoviesAndAnimations/media/mars_tes_summercap.gif

Mars Summer Polar Cap

Type: Animated GIF

The animation is composed of two composite albedo images of the martian north polar cap from the martian mid-summer in 1999 (May 9-21) and 2001 (March 27 - April 7). The color scheme represents albedo (surface brightness) where red is the brightest and purple is the darkest. Regions with albedo less than .23 are soil (purple-blue). Regions brighter than 0.23 are covered with water ice. The brightest regions (red) are covered with frost from condensing water in the atmosphere. The animation shows interannual variations in the cap brightness, suggesting a variation in frost formation from year to year. A greater understanding of the processes that cause summer frost formation on the northern cap will help NASA and the scientific community discover how water on Mars is transported.

Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
Sarah
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2007, 12:05:56 am »

Looks rather like the eye of Sauron after he went on a bit of a bender. 
Report Spam   Logged

"If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, may my right hand fail..." - King David, Psalms 137:5

http://www.zwoje-scrolls.com/shoah/index.html

http://www.holocaustchronicle.org/
Carolyn Silver
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2007, 01:27:52 am »

You want GIFs?
I got 'em!

This site either lets you download them on your computer or hotlink to them (though I'm sure they'd rather you download)

http://www.animatedgif.net/cartoons/cartoons.shtml

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 26   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: