Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 04:05:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Were the Gods of Mythology Based on Actual Human Beings?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Were the Gods of Mythology Based on Actual Human Beings?  (Read 2271 times)
cleasterwood

« on: April 16, 2007, 06:57:45 am »

I'm sticking to my original statement:   
Some of the demi-gods were born onto the planet as real humans who reached the status of demi-god through their actions in life, which did get exaggarated over time. However, the gods were not humans, per say, but human spirits who after becoming more grounded in physical joy were transformed into physical human beings. These spirit-humans lived long lives, like Methusela(sp), which accounts for their god-like status and their ability to travel over the world and teach spirituality, which they were ordered to do by the All Father to allow them to return to the spirit form once their physical bodies died. The only exception to this would have been the All Father, who remained pure and didn't become grounded to the earthly experience.

And this is the basis for my story as well.  I've always been a proponent of 'every myth has truth in it'.  I've always believed the gods were human at some point in history.  The Trojan War and it's participants are prime examples of myth turning into fact.  If it happens for one it can happen for them all.  We just have to find them.  Working out a time line would be difficult if you go the mainstream route of thinking.  But I think if we were to go further back in history, say 10500 BC, we may actually be able to one day confirm historical dates in which these people actually existed.  Whether or not the field of archaeology would agree with us is another story entirely though.  Sad  We all know they are unwilling to change history even if they are proven wrong so it could be a mute point.

Blessed be,
Lynn
Report Spam   Logged

Ra's Warrior & the Talismans of Time!  http://www.talismansoftime.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: