Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 10:46:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Candidate Clinton to Richardson: 'Barack Obama Can't Win'

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Candidate Clinton to Richardson: 'Barack Obama Can't Win'  (Read 81 times)
Jeannette Latoria
Superhero Member

« on: April 03, 2008, 03:43:46 am »

Candidate Clinton to Richardson: 'Barack Obama Can't Win'
 Share April 02, 2008 7:39 PM

ABC News' George Stephanopoulos Reports: Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., and former President Bill Clinton are making very direct arguments to Democratic superdelegates, starkly insisting Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., cannot win a general election against presumptive Republican nominee, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.

Sources with direct knowledge of the conversation between Sen. Clinton and Gov. Bill Richardson, D-N.M., prior to the Governor's endorsement of Obama say she told him flatly, "He cannot win, Bill. He cannot win."

Richardson, who served in President Clinton's cabinet, disagreed.

At a rally in Oregon, standing next to Obama, Richardson insisted, "My great affection and admiration for Hillary Clinton and President Bill Clinton will never waver." But he added, "It is time, however, for Democrats to stop fighting among ourselves and to prepare for the tough fight we will face against John McCain in the fall."

WATCH GEORGE'S FULL WORLD NEWS REPORT BY CLICKING HERE.

A report in the San Francisco Chronicle detailed another explosive exchange in which the former president angrily objected to Richardson's endorsement.

"Five times to my face [Richardson] said that he would never do that," Clinton said, according to the Chronicle -- before, the newspaper reports, he "went on a tirade that ran from the media's unfair treatment of Hillary to questions about the fairness of the votes in state caucuses that voted for Obama. It ended with him asking delegates to imagine what the reaction would be if Obama was trailing by just 1 percent and people were telling him to drop out."

Another, neutral superdelegate who was in the room for that meeting called the Chronicle's take "a bit exaggerated." But there is no question the Clintons are passionately arguing their case against Obama in what is fast becoming an intense race not just for the votes of the public but of the Democratic elite known as superdelegates.

For all the latest from the campaign trail, read The Note every day exclusively on ABCNews.com.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/04/candidate-clint.html
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Jeannette Latoria
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 03:47:01 am »

Well, no offense to Hillary, but she has wayyyyy higher negative ratings than Barack Obama has. I actually have the same qualms about her.
Report Spam   Logged

Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 07:41:39 am »

Do you think the Clintons are suffering from delusions of grandeur?
Report Spam   Logged
Luke Hodiak
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 02:09:58 pm »

Sounds to me like either it's sour grapes, Tom, or else they are so prejudiced personally they have managed to convince themselves of that.
Report Spam   Logged
Jeannette Latoria
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 08:37:10 pm »

I definitely think the Clintons are suffering from delusions of grandeur, Tom! Think of it, according to their taxes, they have all sorts of money.  What do rich people do when they get bored with just being rich?  They run for office! 

And I imagine anyone who ever held the highest office has a hard time letting go.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 08:37:56 pm by Jeannette Latoria » Report Spam   Logged

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 03:10:42 am »

More CFR nonsense.

McCain will keep his Senate seat and the Clintons will be given cabinet positions.  The Bilderberg fix is already in.   Angry
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: