Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 07:59:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Are You Proud to be an American?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are You Proud to be an American?  (Read 602 times)
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 01:47:27 am »

Yeah it'll all boil down to whether people will wake up in time.  Undecided

If not all the American idiots will be sacrificed on the Globalists' altar.   Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Ashley Washington
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 02:09:35 am »

America gets the kind of government it deserves.  It's people are often too easily divided into these little ethnic groups, kept fighting among themselves while it is the corporations that keep making all the money.  They vote against their own econmic best interets, don't pay attention to the issues and are easily distracted by peripheral issues, like flab-burning and racism, so they don't tend to vote for what's in the best interests of the country. Who needs them?  They get what they deserve.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2008, 12:27:21 pm »

Ashley:

What nation do you post from I'm curious ??

What you are saying is true don't get me wrong but I am just curious where you are observing all this from.
Report Spam   Logged
Ashley Washington
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 01:34:43 am »

I'm posting from Oregon.  Most people think that way out here.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 12:56:42 pm »

Okay you are a fellow American.   Smiley

I know what you mean... "idiot America" refuses to educate itself.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 08:50:03 am »

It's sad but true, that the so called greatest country on Earth is also guilty of killing more innocent people then any terrorist attack ever in the history of this country.

It's also sad, that our country had to borrow money from China to stimulate it's own economy.
 Smiley You all are welcome to call me any name in the book you like, but the truth is the truth.

We are Lazy, Uneducated, and we have taken to many things in our individual lives for granted.
Denial is only a sign of these things I'm saying, being that much more appearent.
Our lives are a lie designed to make things easy on those who control everything we think we know about being alive. I will not start getting into conspiracy theories, or talking about the illuminati.

That is merely an exuse for the way our society has regressed.
The simple fact that we should all take note of is that we chose our hardships and ways of life.
If we really wanted something more, and/or better for ourselves we would come together for the first time since the revolutionary war and create a new way.

Until then, we sit here and simply accept that our fates are in the hands of those who care only for themselves.

This is the cold hard truth and no matter how you take it, this is how it is.  Undecided
I smile atleast once a day because I see something new everyday that shows a sign of hope.
Unfortunately, it's going to take an event that will disrupt the entire infurstructure of this planet's world system to bring about a new and golden age for all who seek unstanding and wisdom, instead of material wealth and simplicity.

Image feeling anothers raw emotion, spiritually. Walking with a stranger and feeling connected as a brother. A world without borders or bias where all people value human life and the natural cycles of this planet. Having great respect and love for all things.

Now think of what we have.

Hmmm seems we all have a long way to go huh?
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 08:55:54 am »

I can't even be proud to be human, so why would being "American", be something to be proud of?
Sounds bad, I know!

However, I know the truth and can accept it.....
Report Spam   Logged

Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2008, 01:14:14 pm »

Give yourself more credit it is just on Earth where humans are folly prone.  On Venus they are much more enlightened.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2008, 01:53:40 pm »

Well then I need a one way ticket old buddy.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Josie Linde
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2008, 11:14:17 pm »

We are Lazy, Uneducated, and we have taken to many things in our individual lives for granted.
Denial is only a sign of these things I'm saying, being that much more appearent.

No way am I proud to be an American.  A country that cheers mindlessly while we bomb the hell out of third world countries, run by mean-spirited people that benefit the rich while screwing the poor, that is so dumb that it would rather have an election based on dumb things like flagpins and patriotism than on the real issues? 

Gimme a break!!!

If this country ever learns something about the rest of the world, stops making wars, starts helping people instead of exploiting them and ever learns to stop being so bigoted, then maybe I'll be proud to be an American.  Until then, the rich, bloodthirsty bigots can keep running it into the ground can have it, as far as I'm concerned.  We're clearly on the decline anyway, and guess what?  The rich bigots are the ones that made it that way.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2008, 06:13:09 am »

Josie that is one of the contributing factors. It is a game/or war of kings and stock owners.
However, our decline is more deeply rooted in our beleif systems, and the way we are lead to live our lives.
God knows, I'm not putting the innocent or working class into this equation. All they are guilty of is contributing to the systems with the taxes they are forced to pay, and allowing these systems to control them through the wages they want you to earn.

It's like we are being forced to do it or we can't buy/sell, or pocess anything.

In regaurds to the war you mentioned. It's difficult to watch news coverage on these things because people are dying for nothing. Some justify this war as a means of protecting the world from terror.
However, war kills more people then terror. Whats right and wrong with all of this?

Josie, if we all can't come together at some point then all of this will continue, and become trickier.
Doesn't this generation and all it's youth still have a choice about how they want to live?

They do! However, nothing is going to change until we change it.
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2008, 06:18:02 am »

Volitzer, do you agree or disagree?   Smiley

(awaits his answer, smiling)

And for now, Lets just pretent that venusians don't exist...
Report Spam   Logged

Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2008, 04:31:03 pm »

The youth of America sure isn't going to vote for John McCain and it isn't very crazy about the Clintons either.  We want change, which means:

No more lobbyists controlling America
No more oil wars
No more foreign interventions
Government for the people, not just the rich people
More investment in America, not Iraq
Equal rights & equal pay
Out of Iraq!

The only candidate that can do this is Barack Obama, Hillary is bought and paid for lobbyists and, if she gets in there, believe me, nothing would change.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2008, 08:47:09 pm »

Beleive me, I would love to think that it is all just in the politics that we have all these problems in the world that we do.

Cheesy

However, I think we can both agree that it goes abit deeper. For a moment let's go forward in time to an alternate reality of everything. The entire infrastructure of the entire planet was disrupted by a system of cataclysms.
One right after the other. And then stopped. How would the majority of the survivors restart a new golden age?

Only knowing what they lost and what not to do this time.
How would we begin? What would we avoid redoing?
 Smiley It's deeper then you might think......
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2008, 09:11:54 pm »

For now, we have politics to rely on and we trust they will know what to do.
Hmmm

This makes me feel a little uncomfortable. I guess being an American means that you are waiting for a better oppurtunity and finding out the hard way that the system around is falling apart at it's very foundations. Yet we toil on as we do daily suspecting that something has changed and you just can't put your finger on it. Sadly, everything we do is just everything we've done.

All the world's greatest empires have fallen from grace, and that was that for them. To this point we march off conquering nation after nation until we to must fall. At the expence of blood shed and the fallen children of crying mothers and spouces. For the sake of an individual's greed and personal reputation.

In return, our labors were all for nothing as we fade into nothingness for nothing. From a human's point of veiw, I can't understand why this isn't even being discussed between the uninvolved peoples of nations as a state of emergency.

The question: Re: Are You Proud to be an American?

Smiley
As stated, it's hard enough to be proud of what we've all become to even consider nationality into this.
The good points of the world today is the friendships and unconditional love among a small minority of people in random catagories of stereotypical classifications. Idealy, at times these seperate tribes can intermingle and network a very well organized system of barter and light labors, being that there are so many hands. Happily these people actually like this more then being wage slaves and depending on state government assistance which in turn is already paid for by generations of fellow wage slaves who were also dependant. While propaganda drove these motivations of dreamers who knew nothing else.

To finally need a (cough) loan from China to stimulate this imaginary economy backed by nothing but lies and false promices. Hmmmmm

What ever happened to democracy vs. communism, when right here befor our very eyes we can clearly see that both are also lies.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 09:24:54 pm by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: