Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 10:42:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Are You Proud to be an American?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are You Proud to be an American?  (Read 528 times)
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: April 01, 2008, 01:48:55 am »

America, land of my fathers, founded in the spirit of life, liberty & the pursuit of happiness.

America, who's entry into World War I saved the world from German tyranny, who's entry into the second World War most likely saved the world.  The beacon of hope that saved the world from Communism during the Cold War, that helped bring the Berlin Wall down, the one gleaming inspiration that led everyone to the gift of freedom. 

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 01:56:24 am by Dawn Moline » Report Spam   Logged

"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 01:55:22 am »

America, land of slavery, Jim Crow and race hatred,
who has never quite gotten over it's Civil War, a land formed on so much blood that it could fill all of our lakes, rivers and streams. 

In some ways, no better than our enemies, in some ways, even worse. 
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 02:01:39 am »

Every country has it's troubles, everyone.
And every country has things in it's history that would make one ashamed. And yet, I have always wanted something better for my country.  I wanted a country that actually lived up to it's ideals, I want us to be, what we say to others that we are. 

There has always been a gulf in America, between what we say we believe in and what we actually are.  We aren't half as noble as we pretend to be, and our enemies have legitimate complaints about us. 

Is America a good thing or a bad thing?
And, if you live here, how proud are you of that fact?

Cheers,

Dawn
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 02:02:21 am by Dawn Moline » Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Aristotle
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 02:25:14 am »

I suppose the answer would be yes and no:  proud when America does well, not so proud when America sets out to do wrong.

It is true that America should try harder to live up to it's ideals. 

And yet, I must continue to remind myself, it is not the country that fails it, but rather the corrupt politicians that we appoint as our leaders.

We are the new Atlantis, like Sir Francis Bacon alluded to. 
Report Spam   Logged

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle
Giovanni Magna
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 03:18:05 am »

I am embarrassed for you Americans!  Your country is controlled by a hillbilly who is the laughingstock of much of the world and who only knows to use wars to solve his problems!  Bad idea putting such a fellow of such diminished brain capacity in charge of your affairs! 
Report Spam   Logged
Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 03:22:12 am »

So nice to be able to make your point also with pictures! 

No, I am not proud to be an American, haven't been since Bush won re-election. Sue me, like Giovanni said, the man is an idiot.  How could he possibly win re-election?   Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Sort through the media disinformation:
http://mediamatters.org/
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 04:27:43 am »

They are rigged by Bilderberger front companies like DIEBOLD.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 04:29:21 am »

If the NWO does try to take over America will be one beast hard for them to reign in.

We the people still have the numbers needed to take this country back.
Report Spam   Logged
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 08:50:10 am »

I am embarrassed for you Americans!  Your country is controlled by a hillbilly who is the laughingstock of much of the world and who only knows to use wars to solve his problems!  Bad idea putting such a fellow of such diminished brain capacity in charge of your affairs! 

Hi Giovanni,

We're trying to correct that situation by electing a president who reads books!   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 12:47:24 am »

Some of us are even trying to elect one who abides by the US Constitution and not another Bilderberger candidate.   Wink
Report Spam   Logged
OneHappyTexan

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2008, 01:12:09 am »

I have a little American flag on my desk and, each time I see it, I get a little misty-eyed.  When I think of all that the brave men in this country have sacrificed so that we can live the kind of lives we lead, it makes me a little sentimental. I love this country.  I don't care what it does around the world, or who it does it, too, I trust the government to make the right decisions to insure the safety and security of the men and women of America. Dawn says that America, in some ways, is "no better than our enemies." That statement to me is unAmerican. America will always better than it's enemies!  Certainly, America has always been better than the Nazis it fought during World War II, the Russians it fought  during the Cold War and the Islamo-fascists it's going to war with now.  People that don't appreciate how good this country is have no business calling themselves Americans.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2008, 01:23:24 am »

I have a little American flag on my desk and, each time I see it, I get a little misty-eyed.  When I think of all that the brave men in this country have sacrificed so that we can live the kind of lives we lead, it makes me a little sentimental. I love this country.  I don't care what it does around the world, or who it does it, too, I trust the government to make the right decisions to insure the safety and security of the men and women of America. Dawn says that America, in some ways, is "no better than our enemies." That statement to me is unAmerican. America will always better than it's enemies!  Certainly, America has always been better than the Nazis it fought during World War II, the Russians it fought  during the Cold War and the Islamo-fascists it's going to war with now.  People that don't appreciate how good this country is have no business calling themselves Americans.

Give it a rest the whole war on terror is a big fraud.

The Bushtapo has done more to undermine the Constitution and fulfill the Bilderberger's agenda and try to convert free America into a fascist NAU.  1 in 100 in America are in prison while the borders are wide open.  Americans get harassed by law enforcement while illegal aliens are left alone.

Spare us the COINTELLPRO bulloney.
Report Spam   Logged
Byron
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 01:38:21 am »

Yeah, you would think that, you lobotomized loony.  Aren't you the same guy who complains about illegal aliens, then goes off and hires them?  What a loony!

That same braindead patriotism is just what led the Germans into World War II.

We should ALWAYS question the motives of the government, especially one as corrupt as this one has proven to be.
Report Spam   Logged

Win One for the Lion

Healthcare is a Right, Not a Privilige
Deanna Witmer
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 08:43:41 pm »

I think that I would be prouder of being an American if this country were made up of smarter people, not ones easily manipulated by Bush with his fearmongering by giving him another term, or into giving up their civil liberties. What's that all about??
Report Spam   Logged
Number of the Beast
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 10:31:26 pm »

I get the feeling that America's best days are behind her, and corporate greed will be it's downfall.  These days, we are even making parts to our weapons overseas, what happens if we go to war with the very same countries that are making them?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: