Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 02:53:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Remains of ancient civilisation discovered on the bottom of a lake
http://en.rian.ru/analysis/20071227/94372640.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Mit Herodot auf den Spuren von Atlantis

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mit Herodot auf den Spuren von Atlantis  (Read 385 times)
Tina Walter
Superhero Member

« on: April 14, 2007, 09:49:34 pm »

Hi, I'd like to plug a new book by one of our forum members, Thorwald, or "Cicero" as he is known here in the forum. The book is only in German for now, but if you are well-versed in German, hey, give it a try!

Here is the book:

And the link to order it:
http://www.amazon.de/Herodot-Spuren-Atlantis-Atlantis-gewesen/dp/3833465115/

Mit Herodot auf den Spuren von Atlantis. Könnte Atlantis doch ein realer Ort gewesen sein? (Broschiert)
von Thorwald C Franke (Autor)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tina Walter
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 09:53:16 pm »

In English:

With Herodot on the traces of Atlantis.  Could Atlantis have been yet a real place?  (Broschiert) of Thorwald C franc (author)

Product information

Broschiert:  260 sides publishing house:  Books on Demand; levy:  1 (November 2006) ISBN-10:  3833465115 ISBN-13:  978-3833465116 product mass:  Customer estimation average 21.8 xs 17 x 1.4 cm:  Being based on 3
reviews.  (Write you a review!)  Amazon. de sale rank:  #232,110 into books

(Publisher and manufacturer:  Increase your Verkäufe)

Product descriptions

Short description no other antique author was "poet at it" at Atlantis as a Herodot:  Herodot traveled personally to that presumed origin plotted the Atlantis-report to Egypt.  Its eyewitness reports composed it in the same time, in which the delivery of the Atlantis-report of solo was on Platon if possible yet in full gear.  In its work, Herodot describes moreover the story and geography of the very at that time well known world in which we must find or refute Atlantis.  Therewith Herodot proves to be a true treasure trove for the Atlantis-research:  Countless information and indication ions lead was us to underpinned presentations therefrom, whether Atlantis actual a real place, and if yes, where it lay and when it sank.  We proceed ourselves jointly with Herodot on discovery trip - on the traces of Atlantis! 

The author over its book cue:  Invention? 
Report Spam   Logged
Tina Walter
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 10:04:10 pm »

Here are the reviews, one of them written by Christian Schoppe, who gives it five stars:

5 of 7 customers found the following review helpfully: 

That is THE book over Atlantis überhaupt!!!!, 26 January 2007 reviewer reviewer:  AlbertusMagnus - all my reviews look at all forgets what read your previously over Atlantis:  This book here is the absolute Mega-hammer!  No boring conjectures - all separate on wide basis belaid!  Sometimes almost already to extend.  That of all looks up hundreds Fussnotn, one not at all more.  No bending of facts for a desired interpretation - separate clearly of the Urtext gone out!  No Ahnungslosigkeit over Platon & co - separate rich knowledge of the historical context!  Although at the end cleared is not, whether Atlantis reality was, I had finally once the good feeling to know somewhat substantially better than before.  The desire comes correctly to contrive itself with all the information itself at it train marriages and a theory.  Above all one better can value therewith other theories.  To be sure the book is no easy food.  To this extent Mr. Richter has quite.  But arrogance and bare suppositions I can confirm not at all. 

7 of 13 customers found the following review helpfully: 

Very disappointing!!!  In no case recommended!!!, 19 January 2007 reviewer reviewer:  Dr. Richter (Berlin) - I look at can recommend all my reviews the book in no case.  The author seems to lift himself here even very into the sky and to be the opinion that he ventilated the entire truth.  It places many authors who wrote over Atlantis, very badly there and seems to see at the same time always only its written as that in the end truth.  Also only conjectures are not and hypotheses and I am found it good to make other authors badly and only even as the Wahrheitsfinder of the world to crowns. 

From where does the author take this arrogance?  It juggles nevertheless even only of a conjecture to next and bombards screwed in addition yet the reader with very sentence positions.  The book is written strenuous and feels read one in that like in a brain wash.  In no case the text is tying up, but rather sooner tiring. 

I cannot recommend the book and am of the opinion that there is by far more loving and more beautiful literature to the subject of Atlantis. 

7 Of 11 customers found the following review helpfully: 

It (also) does not give New York!, 1 January 2007 reviewer reviewer:  Christian Schoppe - all my reviews look at must therewith all that pay off, that to know my certainly, that Atlantis is a literary figure the Plato.  What the authors of many saved itself recently to this subject of appeared books, is the sober detail working at the facts of the delivery and a view in the total context.  At whose place they sat down displaced unthinking quoting (partly of), moral instruction and the reviving of a long time dead believed justifications in Belustigung arrogant above all over that in the deed partly Atlantis Community. 

An experiment is arrive the author, that promises simultaneously an amusing trip into the antique Mediterranean theater:  It illuminates background shimmering before Herodots facets empire Platos Atlantisbericht from.  The results are interesting, astonishing and partly even for the connoisseur of the matter surprisingly and simultaneously convincing.  At the same time it succeeds the author to be straight with its sober distance its example Herodot worthy:  That was in charming manner knowledge thirsty, honest and sceptically. 

Cleanly the book checks off the supposed models for the Atlantisbericht; for the source text over Atlantis can either be authentic required, or it models out of that world available:  The detail empires invention far away each reality or analogies is the writings creation very strange, so the quite unanimous opinion.  That leads to a foray through room and time, that each Geschichtsinteressierten the eyes for the world of old Gods, kings opens and Heroen in addition to its effect sites. 

There it, so the result, no useful modeling clay gives could have been for the Atlantisbericht - the often cited building blocks as well as Babylon, Ekbatana, persian wars and mythology take apart the author convincing - Atlantis a real place.  It remains an open question.  Therewith there is also hope for New York:  Although there are in Europe of cities, airports, park concern and peninsulas as models for an invention, New York could be yet a real place - in spite of the nearly untrustworthy large and many skyscraper. 

The work is must arrested is and can be a for each, that in the historic Atlantismaterie an amusing companion for virtual or actual trips to Greece and Egypt.  The Mitnahme of Herodots history and a survey card would be advised in this case. 

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: