Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:46:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

INTERNATIONAL MILOS CONFERENCE 2005 :ATLANTIS (Ulf Richter)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: INTERNATIONAL MILOS CONFERENCE 2005 :ATLANTIS (Ulf Richter)  (Read 7085 times)
Tina Walter
Superhero Member

« Reply #225 on: March 30, 2008, 06:58:49 pm »

Riven

Member # 1495

posted 08-29-2005 10:16 AM                   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Erick and Ian:

This is the only proof so far that seems to indicate that Chalcidius was working from Plato's originals when he copied Timaeus.

This is from Chalcidius's preface.

It may be possible that Chalcidius was working from Plato's Originals.

"And so I have obeied do not allow by the fixed prophet by the inspiration it to me by you
to be enjoinned the service therefore by the eager mind by the one confident/assured hope the parts of Timaeus Plato the attack only/just/mearly/barely/alone I have not transport/convey/transfer/shifted but also
borne of the same the notebook ".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 4078 | From: Azores Atlantis Isles. | Registered: May 2003
Report Spam   Logged
Tina Walter
Superhero Member

« Reply #226 on: March 30, 2008, 06:59:14 pm »

Ulf Richter

Member # 1190

Member Rated:
   posted 09-01-2005 01:42 PM                   
I will copy here another abstract from the Milos Conference, which shows, that also a Greek professor has serious doubts about the dating the fall of Atlantis 9000 years before the time of Solon:

Stavros PAPAMARINOPOULOS, University of Patras, Greece

"Dating the catastrophe of pre-historic Athens. Evidence from Plato's Critias."

Plato wrote in the 4th century BC, when he was 52 years old, the Timaeus and Critias dialogues. In that, he describes a double catastrophe from excessive rains and an earthquake of prehistoric Athens. He also describes with many details the Acropolis of Athens and the settlements of its warriors. Archaeological excavations proved fully all these details and also illustrated the causes of the catastrophe (Bronner, 1949). The latter seems to be an earthquake which occurred in Eastern Mediterranean in the end of the Bronze Age producing an earthquake storm which lasted between 1225-1175 yr BC. The storm damaged Tiryns, Athens, Troy and a big number of other cities along major seismogenous fault lines. There is another passage again in Critias in which the consequences of the catastrophe are discussed. In that Plato discusses the survival of the Greek names up to his own period. The identification of Greek names and the Greek language in general in the Linear B tablets proved Plato's statement as well (Carpenter, 1966). Zangger's (1991) study at Tiryns illustrated fully the catastrophe as well. This passage fully proves Plato's information in connection with prehistoric Greece during the beginning of the turbulent century. It is one positive step, in understanding the enigma of Atlantis, since the latter vanished fully later together with the victorious Greeks at some unknown yet for science time interval but not away from the 12th century BC in connection with the catastrophe of Athens. Joseph (2002) reached the same conclusion for the catastrophe of Atlantis using different arguments. Foliot (1984) reaches the same conclusion too using alternative arguments. Both place Atlantis outside Hercules's pillars in West Mediterranean.

--------------------
Ulf

Posts: 782 | From: Schwabenheim, Germany | Registered: Sep 2002
Report Spam   Logged
Tina Walter
Superhero Member

« Reply #227 on: March 30, 2008, 06:59:36 pm »

Erick Wright

Member # 1145

Member Rated:
   posted 09-01-2005 06:16 PM                   
Ulf,

Hi, how have you been? We haven't spoken/written in some time. Heard from Stavros lately? Is he back from his trip to Crete?

Warm Regards,

Erick

--------------------
"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots."

www. despair.com

Posts: 770 | From: Columbus, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 2002   
Report Spam   Logged
Tina Walter
Superhero Member

« Reply #228 on: March 30, 2008, 07:00:02 pm »

Ulf Richter

Member # 1190

Member Rated:
   posted 09-02-2005 01:32 AM                   
Hi Erick,

No, I didnīt hear anything from Stavros since shortly after the conference. Maybe after his return he has to arrange so many things, that he had no time to write us.
Tomorrow I will leave for 3 weeks, but afterwards I think I will write him and put some questions.

Wish you a good time !
Kind regards,

Ulf

--------------------
Ulf

Posts: 782 | From: Schwabenheim, Germany | Registered: Sep 2002
Report Spam   Logged
Tina Walter
Superhero Member

« Reply #229 on: March 30, 2008, 07:00:29 pm »

End.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #230 on: August 03, 2008, 11:13:08 pm »

Thanks Tina

when I get the chance to read through all of that I will ,

I am wondering if anyone on AO has the 2005 conference proceedings . I have just ordered the book .over 500 pages ,I hope it is as good as I expect.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #231 on: August 15, 2008, 10:42:37 am »

Wow ,the Proceedings have arrived already !! ,they arrived yesterday actually..

I haven't had a chance to just sit and read much of it yet but it looks good , although , the quality of the English is  ,well .... to be fair ... it's terrible.  both spelling and grammar are poor to the point where sometimes I have trouble following what's being said!

Whoever prepared the draft was clearly not a native English speaker ....Greek perhaps ?? Wink

But I don't care  , it's the Proceedings!!! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Gwen Parker
Superhero Member

« Reply #232 on: August 15, 2008, 03:32:49 pm »

Have you started readng any of the papers from the researchers yet? I hope that they are all included as they were supposed to be!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #233 on: August 15, 2008, 06:57:06 pm »

Hi Gwen ,

I have the Proceedings on my lap this very moment , I am reading one of the presentations by an independant U.S. researcher and English is just fine . Obviously ,the articles with poor English are due to the original author of the article not being very fluent in English .

So the publisher put all the articles in as they were presented at the conference. I like that . But whether they published the extended versions of papers or just the abstracts ,I am unsure at this point.

I'll get back to you. 
Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #234 on: August 15, 2008, 07:00:27 pm »

...Each article begins with a short abstract then goes in to full detail .

I wish I didn't have to go to work today!! Cry
Report Spam   Logged
BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #235 on: August 29, 2008, 07:24:46 am »

Ian Nottingham Member # 2232 Member Rated: posted 08-28-2005 01:14 AM                   
And yet, Manetho wrote about events that predated his times in excess of 1400 years, and no one here is questioning him (except when it comes to the details of the God-Kings of ancient Egypt).

Plutarch's word is good enough Plutarch's writings on Solon confirm the trip to Egypt.. . . Posts: 240 | From: the void | Registered: Nov 2004   

Dear IAN NOTTINGHAM  &  TINA WOLTER,

Plato used the original Myth of the Atlantis HYBRIS
not as a platform for his "POLITEIA",

But, as a SATIRE or subterfuge to describe/ critizise the HYBRIS of ATHENS itself,
in his own time which
ofcourse he could not do openly for risking the fate of Socrates! Timeline is 900 bc not 9.000 before Solon.

(HYBRIS is the cause  by which the whole Saga Started and Plato, projected it on his modern Athens'
contemporary politics which failed to connect Syracuse to the FIRST Attic Sea-League in 415- 413 bc.

PLATO's Atlantis was devised to persuade King Dyonisios-2 to join the SECOND Attic- Sea-League.
 But Athens lost it's Fleet in a battle as a sitting Duck at AEGOSPOTAMY in 405 bc
after that a political Earth-Quake occurred and its good name became MUD!

The ( 5) NARRATORS
were the ( 5) generals that were executed in connection with and after the failed raid on Syracuse( 413 bc.)
( including Socrates, 399 bc.)

9.000 bc versus 900 bc>Wrong TIME-LINE

others have allready noticed that " 9.000 bc"  (should be:" 900 bc "  and Plato's Atlantis is all about the
 ( Failed) Raid on SYRACUSE, with the DORIC city of Syracuse as the wicked or innocent Woman
/dame 'PANDORA' and teh unlikely names of the Kings of ATLANTIS Prometheus and Epimetheus
 as Strategos ALCIBIADES and  General NIKIAS, who despite the warnings of Alcibiades kept hugging the walls of Syracuse.

CONCLUSION:

No Atlantologist has attempted to research the eastern origin of the ( Faked-)NAME Atlantis
All only want to find the sunken/ immersed realm for teh Gold( Auricalcum and Flying-maxchines)
the Auricalcum is no mountain bronze but volcanlc Pyrite and as the Flyingmachines are concerned they were hotair( Balloons.)
Since translation faults transformed the SEA=- ARM (= PELAGOUS.)of the TERRITORIAL Sea of Atlas
into an non-existing " ISLAND " (= Latin PELAGUS.)All " Atlantis- as-an- Island- Theories":
whether in America or Azores or Syracuse or Ice-land or Green land or IERLAND are BOGUS !

I appologize for any dammage suffered from this dissident Discovery of " BlueHue "

Sincerely " BlueHue "  Cry Shocked Cry dd 29-th Aug. 2008
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 07:34:50 am by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
BlueHue
Superhero Member

« Reply #236 on: August 29, 2008, 08:00:01 am »

...Each article begins with a short abstract then goes in to full detail .
I wish I didn't have to go to work today!! Cry 

Dear MARK- PONTA-of Australia, ,

About the name-origin of the( Faked-)geo-name: " Atlantis"

QOAIS and I have discussed the real whereabouts of the " PILLARS of HERCULES"
and have decided that they were no Pillars at all! The Geo name "Pillars" is a corruption,
 derived from the Punic/hindi word for White- ELEPHANT> Phulbe or " PALAS corrupted into Pillars"

ATLANTIS ? Atlantide or Ad-Land ?

The latin name for Atlantis in ADEN was QUATRA-MOTITIEA ( Meaning: the  four "Pillars"
 of Kronos or by wextenteion, meaning the 4 WIND-DIAL- ELEPHANTS of Aden.

Atlas is by media shortage said to be carrying the WORLD'Globe on his Back WRONG! ( it is an celestial Sphere!)
Atlantis with it's canals was like Stonehence a giant WIND- DIAL or planetary observatory
only meant to determine when the MOON would be in Closer orbit to Earth and it;s CONJUNCTION with Mars.

The MOON used to cause annual tsunamies at the ADEN region because of it's( THEN) ellisoid orbit
But to pinpoint the real day of the APEX of the Tsunamies the Astronomers of ADEN used
the White Arabian ELEPHANTS as a sort of " Tsunami-watchers on the walls of SIDON)( "Sidon" is a derivative of :'Ras- ADON'.)
King Salmanasser-3 of Assur Demonized this Elephant as the AVATAR of the MOON when besieging Aden in 855 during a Tsunami!
Paleontologists confirm that around 855 bc this Elephant became mysteriously extinct

CONCLUSION:
Atlantis was no Island and NOT in the Atlantic SO, all " Atlantis-as-Island-Theories are BOGUS !
( read on this account the previous POST underneath !) Grin

Sincerely, " BlueHue " Cry Shocked Cry  dd 29 Aug. 2008
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 11:21:42 am by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

BlueHue
Superhero Member

« Reply #237 on: August 29, 2008, 10:24:22 am »

Have you started reading any of the papers from the researchers yet? I hope that they are all included as they were supposed to be!

MARK can only have read
 the full texts if he paid the 75 Dollars for the book( plus cost of handling.)
 pasted together by Publisher" HELIOTOPOS" I doubt that he did( ! )
I am particulary intrested by the articles about the passing of PHAETON( over Atlantis )

We all think that it was the SUN A dissident Atlantis-Theory by " BlueHue "
( a misunderstanding caused by the usual Media shortening !
but it was the MOON which was called the SON of the SUN and it DID cause the Cataclysm(s) that
as an APOCALYPSE threatened and immersed Atlantis( = Ad Land !)read Surat nr 89 which tells it all!   Cry Shocked Cry dd 29 Aug.2008
Report Spam   Logged

BlueHue
Superhero Member

« Reply #238 on: August 29, 2008, 10:27:20 am »

Thanks Tina
when I get the chance to read through all of that I will ,
I am wondering if anyone on AO has the 2005 conference proceedings . I have just ordered the book .over 500 pages ,I hope it is as good as I expect.
MARK,
 I am sure no one but you was so portend, to Buy the Book for 100 Euro with Cost and Handling !   Cry Shocked Cry   29 Aug. 2008
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:29:07 am by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: