Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:26:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

McKellen hoping to play Gandalf in 'The Hobbit'

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: McKellen hoping to play Gandalf in 'The Hobbit'  (Read 76 times)
Eclipse of the Sun
Superhero Member

« on: March 28, 2008, 09:51:04 am »

McKellen hoping to play Gandalf in 'The Hobbit'

Ian McKellen said he would like to reprise his role as Gandalf in "Hobbit" film

"The Hobbit" is being produced by "Rings" director Peter Jackson

Actor: Jackson said movie wouldn't be the same without original Gandalf

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (AP) -- Ian McKellen, who played Gandalf the Wizard in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, is hoping to reprise the role in another tale from Middle Earth.

Ian McKellen told fans that he would like to play the role of Gandolf in "The Hobbit."

A fan asked McKellen on the actor's official Web site if he would play the role of Gandalf in "The Hobbit," which is being produced by Peter Jackson, director of the "Rings" trilogy.

"Yes, I will, if Peter Jackson and I have anything to do with it, he being the producer and me being, on the whole, a very lucky actor," McKellen, 68, said in a reply dated Wednesday.

Jackson reached a deal with New Line Cinema late last year to make two films of J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit," a planned prequel to the blockbuster "Rings" trilogy. Jackson will serve as executive producer for the "The Hobbit" movies.

Another fan asked: "Have you been approached yet by Peter Jackson or anyone else" to play the ancient Wizard?"

McKellen replied: "Encouragingly, Peter and (partner) Fran Walsh have told me they couldn't imagine `The Hobbit' without their original Gandalf." E-mail to a friend

Copyright 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

All About Ian McKellen

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/28/mckellen.gandalf.ap/index.html
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: