Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 11:13:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletons—remains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Libya - a part of Atlantis? - Ulf Richter

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Libya - a part of Atlantis? - Ulf Richter  (Read 3252 times)
Aatlae

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2008, 11:30:58 pm »

Ulf Richter

Member # 1190

Member Rated:
   posted 08-31-2005 08:03 AM                   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After the Milos Conference where I got knowledge about Frank Joseph, I bought his book: "Survivors of Atlantis", edited in 2004.

From Tom´s link I know, that we must be cautious with Josph´s claims, and I myself found some obvious errors in his other book: "Destruction of Atlantis" which I read first. But I think that he was very hard working to collect all dates about Atlantis and many references he has found may be true.

About the topic of this thread he wrote in chapter 7 "Atlanteans across the Sahara":

"In 1926 a German announced the discovery of Atlantis. Paul Borchardt was a serious investigator dedicated to scientific methodology and the accumulation of hard data. No armchair archeologist, he sought tangible proof himself across the sands of North Africa. In Lybia´s Ahaggar Mountains he met Berbers who had preserved oral traditions of a lost City of Brass."

This might be the source of the legends of the "City of Brass" in "Al-Andalus", written down by Arab/Moorish authors still before the Arabs/Moors conquered Iberia in 711 AD, which José has mentioned in his thread "Old Roman Codex ..."

Further in Joseph´s book:
"Not only was the legend similar to many details found in Plato´s account, but the Berber´s tribal name, "Uneur", resembled the name of the first man of Atlantis mentioned in the "Critias": Euenor.
Another tribe at Shott el Hameina, in Tunisia, bore the even motre striking name of "Attala", which was translated as "Sons of the Source".
The Attala also knew tales of a drowned City of Brass, suggesting the metallic decorations for which the great walls of Atlantis were widely famed." . . .

Everybody who reads this must have the same impression, that the today Berber tribes in North Africa could be the heirs of the ancient Libyans who were according to Plato under the rule of the kings of Atlantis.

--------------------
Ulf

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 782 | From: Schwabenheim, Germany | Registered: Sep 2002   
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: