Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 04:15:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Libya - a part of Atlantis? - Ulf Richter

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Libya - a part of Atlantis? - Ulf Richter  (Read 3133 times)
Aatlae

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2008, 11:27:30 pm »

J-LCunchillos

Member # 2648

Member Rated:
   posted 08-16-2005 09:47 PM                   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi friends,

I am an enthusiastic one of old history, in special of the Phoenician World. My greater interest has been the colonizations phoenician of the West (Morocco and Iberia) for two years I am working in a project on the first visits of phoenician them to the West, because the last studies demonstrate that the oldest sites are in the coasts of Andalusia, Spain (around century IX BC), although we did not discard the inscription phoenician that epigraphist in Vigo discovered spanish, Pontevedra, Galicia, that by its style only can be dated in the centuries XII-XI BC, that is, that would be proof of presence phoenician older of all West.

The mystery is that nobody can explain as they phoenician them could travel until the noroccidental height of Iberia, and that nevertheless we did not find still found establishments older than the century IX-VIII BC in any place of Iberia nor of Morocco.

In summary. I very am interested in learning and to interchange information on they phoenician in Iberia and Morocco, but in special in Iberia, perhaps so that I am of Seville.

Perhaps I want to finish my thesis stops before Christmas, can help me with more information.

And of course, subject of Atlantis fascinates me, mainly, since in Spain armed great commotion by theories of investigator of our country that defends (with enough reason and arguments) that Atlantis were the name which Solon translated of the name of the peninsula of Iberia, that was translated just as the Greek Atlas name, that is, "to support, endure, to to bear".

I believed before in theory that name Iberia phoenician of was Yspanya (in Latin Ispania/Hispania), that translated like "Island of North", but now I incline a little more to this new theory that it would be *Yspalya, "Island Elevated", or "Island of Spal "the (god or king) that to bear (or to support) upwards", that it would give origin to the Roman form Ispal/Ispali/Hispalis (name of my city, Seville), and later by change of L in N (a very common phenomenon between all the languages semitics as they phoenician or punic), would happen to the most delayed form of Yspan or Yspania, of the one that it derived Ispania and Hispania later.

In addition, also *Yberya could to be form phoenician of old name proto-indoeuropean or indoeuropean, *BHeR (IE)"to bear", since from this root they derive meaning such which later they appear in other words like the Greek Atlas (of tlaô), "to bear, to support" (among other similars).

Then, * Y-bêrya (in Greek Ibêria), could be an adaptation phoenician of a original name IE or proto-IE, and that could mean the same one that phoenician *Yspalya and that Greek Atlantis. You can imagine (with all logic) as they sevillan, I must be very glad with these news!

I know enough phoenician and egyptian, I am not a doctor, but I have quite advanced knowledge, for many years of study and dedication, and these hypotheses are very good, explain many misteries.

--------------------
Atlanticôs Salutatis
Iberia Phoenîca

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: