Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 03:02:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Update About Cuba Underwater Megalithic Research
http://www.timstouse.com/EarthHistory/Atlantis/bimini.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Libya - a part of Atlantis? - Ulf Richter

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Libya - a part of Atlantis? - Ulf Richter  (Read 3131 times)
Aatlae

« on: March 26, 2008, 11:01:58 pm »

atalante
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
   posted 08-30-2004 11:02 AM                   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ulf,
Your list of Egyptian conflicts with the Libyans contains a very good starting point.
According to many modern scholars, the first naval BATTLE in history took place ca 1175 BC when Ramses III defeated the Pelestim.

However, your list describes an entirely different viewpoint for the first naval battle. You show a sea battle ca 2470 BC between the Libyans and Egyptians.

Herodotus agrees with this notion of an ancient naval power which had its homebase in Libya.

Here is what Herodotus tells us about the origin of the Greek pantheon, especially Poseidon/Neptune.

One and only one god came from the Libyans. That is Poseidon/Neptune. In fact, the ONLY country which worshipped Poseidon in ancient times was Libya (at least according to Herodotus).

A handful of female goddesses came from the Pelasgians: Juno, Hestia, Themis, the Graces and the Nereids.

The Dioscuri twins also came from the Pelasgians.

And all the other Greek Gods came from Egypt (at least that is what Herodotus claimed).

quote from: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/1314/Lesson1.html
"Almost all the names of the gods came into Greece from Egypt. My inquiries prove that they were all derived from a foreign source, and my opinion is that Egypt furnished the greater number. For with the exception of Neptune and the Dioscuri, whom I mentioned above, and Juno, Vesta, Themis, the Graces, and the Nereids, the other gods have been known from time immemorial in Egypt. This I assert on the authority of the Egyptians themselves. The gods, with whose names they profess themselves unacquainted, the Greeks received, I believe, from the Pelasgi, except Neptune. Of him they got their knowledge from the Libyans, by whom he has been always honoured, and who were anciently the only people that had a god of the name. The Egyptians differ from the Greeks also in paying no divine honours to heroes.

[This message has been edited by atalante (edited 08-30-2004).]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 2423 | From: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: Apr 2003   
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: