Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 04:23:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Thanks for the Invite!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks for the Invite!  (Read 5137 times)
Aatlae

« on: March 17, 2008, 01:32:02 am »

Hey, thanks for the invite from Atlantis Rising. The place was getting a bit stale over there to the point that I fell out of the habit of visiting it for awhile. It seems that here is where all the action went to!

Great job, everyone, you've done a wonderful job putting this place together and it is a researcher's dream! 

Thanks again,

Ben
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dreamweaver

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 01:58:59 am »

I'd like to say thanks for my invitation, too.  I stopped going to AR a long time ago once it began to get boring a couple of years ago.  I love all the work everyone has done, all the energy you have all put into this place, and I especially love all the pictures everyone has posted. Love all the different forums, too, it's like an online library!   Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 09:14:21 pm »

It's great to see and meet others with like interests. Welcome to the forum guys and it's nice to make your aquaintences.
Report Spam   Logged

Celtic Cauldron

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 01:48:27 am »

I got an invite over her from AR, too, and I am so glad that I did, too.  Compared to here, AR is the pits!!  Everyone is so much more civil and knowledgeable here, and it isn't a forum run rampant with uninformed conservatives.

Here, there is also so much more activity going on, too.  It's great to see so many people energized by so many different aspects of ancient history.
Report Spam   Logged
Celtic Cauldron

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 01:49:36 am »

I'd like to say thanks for the invite, too!   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 10:57:45 am »

Now that I'm employed again I might actually place an ad in Atlantis-Rising Magazine.

Hard to believe the magazine staff allows such conservo-authoritarianism.
Report Spam   Logged
Ares, God of War
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 02:05:30 pm »

Whatever you guys do, don't tell Nutty Old Ishtar that you were invited over here.  She seems to think that her own forum, AR, has exclusive rights to all the people that come there and have to put up with their old-fashioned, conservative, George Bush-licking values.
Report Spam   Logged
Valkyrion

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 09:42:21 pm »

I am so glad to be here, too, and I also thank you for the invite. I went to Atlantis Rising to gain help for my own research into Atlantis, but the people there were so friendly that I did not feel comfortable staying.  Many impolite people stay there.
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 12:08:25 pm »

We all have had our taste of the other forum and the majority of us probably agree that this is a nicer place to post. Freedom of speech to this point has been observed and preserved to allow the free-thinking, and creative people the chance to express themselves as they are.

Smiley I was thankful for the invitation too.......

Either way, welcome and it's nice to see you guys finally made it over here.
Report Spam   Logged

Tesha Dodge
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 01:07:48 pm »

Yeah, it is nice to see you here, guys!  I had a thread going at Atlantis Rising myself about 9/11 conspiracies, and, even though I  was a research topic, the mods there kept threatening to close it cause they didn't like the views presented there.

Talk about bias! 

The mods should just stay out of things if they are going to be biased. 
Report Spam   Logged
Celtic Cauldron

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 05:21:48 am »

I did detect quite a bit of rudeness and censorship over there. Every forum has to have rules, of course, but those folks just seemed to be making them up as they went along and didn't seem to care much who left and who stayed!  The best forums have that friendly "community" feeling to them.  They don't bite people's heads off because they like to argue over religion and politics,
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 09:58:16 am »

One of the more regressive things that began to occur a few years back was the way the Mods at AR began to dictate about the way people were saying things.

Once upon a time I actually liked Brig and Smilely. When they banned Byron, that was the last straw.
Dawn and a select few saw this as a slap in the face and that was that. They started this forum and as you can see, most of the former members followed suit. I have been posting with most of these people for about 4 years now and alot of actual friendships have been long established from this type of interaction.  Smiley I like these people.

Anyhow, that is a little bit about how this exodus has played the role of creating this wonderful place to post. Earlier on, it was said that this is like a library. One of the former subjects that we had rolling at AR was The Library of Alexandria. I guess in a sence, this place is kind of the same in many ways. Knowledge should be cataloged and preserved for the sake of human understanding.

Well, my fellow seekers. I bid thee fairwell for now.
 Wink  Peace!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 09:59:06 am by HereForNow » Report Spam   Logged

Aatlae

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 06:20:18 pm »

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

Back when I used to visit AR more frequently, the problem used to be that Georgeos minions tended to push their theories, to the exclusion of everything else!  I can't say how monotonous I found that.  One needs to explore all different theories for their validity, else they tend to miss things.
Report Spam   Logged
Mauricius

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 02:35:44 am »

I would like to say thank you for the invite, too.  This place is a wonderful online library and all are to be congratulated for all the hard work and inspiration you have all put into it!
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 02:45:13 am »

Well first and foremost we have to thank Dawn Moline AO's matriarch.

Also Brooke, Jade and the many others who actually made this possible.

If you can post your names so we can see anyone else I failed to mention.

Here AO is at 1 year old and we never had a credits list so to speak.  Embarrassed

So...

Authors... authors !!!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 02:46:59 am by Volitzer » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: