Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 03:13:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

900 or 9000 Years BC?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 900 or 9000 Years BC?  (Read 6644 times)
Helios
Superhero Member

« Reply #240 on: March 21, 2008, 09:10:56 pm »

rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 08-06-2004 01:44 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dhill,
I am half Greek...born in Salonika. My family lived there for 5 years after the Germans left. My dad was with the Red Cross and then with UNESCO doing relief work. I have 3 Greek foster-sisters and brother. I went to Crete in 79 with my sister Elanie, to her village near Heraklion, helped to bring in the grape harvest to make raisins, hiked down the Samaria Gorge.

I have always claimed to be a descendant of Alexander (a joke) until I saw a statue in the J. Paul Getty Museum collection of a pre-Hellenic woman 7 feet tall that looked just like me. This statue, I now think, may portray a person (goddess) of Nordic origin. Maybe my interest in the Bock history is because of racial memory(?)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 3128 | From: Port Townsend WA | Registered: Feb 2004   
Report Spam   Logged

"This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean, for in those days the Atlantic was navigable; and there was an island situated in front of the straits called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together..."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: