Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 06:07:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Giant crater may lie under Antarctic ice
http://space.newscientist.com/article/dn9268

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

We CAN drop gas prices!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We CAN drop gas prices!  (Read 165 times)
Behold, I am Death, Destroyer of Worlds
Superhero Member

« on: March 15, 2008, 12:33:28 am »

ATTENTION:  THIS IS  NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY APPROACH, BUT IT  WILL SHOW  YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO     $1.30 PER  GALLON.

This  was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive.  It came from one of his  engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton.  If you are tired of the  gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to  read this, please.

Phillip  Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the  "don't buy gas on a certain day"  campaign that was going around last  April or May!
It's worth your consideration.  Join the  resistance!!!!

I  hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 PER gallon by next summer and  it might go higher!!  Want gasoline prices to come down? 

We  need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed  at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by  refusing to buy gas . 

It  was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. 
BUT,this  is a plan  that can really  work.   Please read on and join with us!

By  now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap.   Me too!  It is currently $3.19 for regular unleaded in my  town. 

Now  that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think  that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take  aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not  sellers.   (OPEC  announced this week that it would not increase production, thereby insuring  that oil continues to sell for $104 per barrel and  higher.)

With  the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take  action.

The  only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone  in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas!  And, we can do that  WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How?   Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. 

But  we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price  war.

Here's  the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the  two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. 

If  they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.    If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow  suit. (But,  when they lower prices, you must resist rushing to their pumps in order to  buy their gas.  You have to avoid buying their gas completely, knowing  that other service stations will follow suit in a matter of days.  So  hang on!  Eventually prices WILL fall.)

To  have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas  buyers.  It's really simple to do!  Now, don't bug out on me  at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach  millions of people!!

I  am sending this note to 30 people.  If each of us send it to at least  ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ...  and those 300 send it to at least ten  more (300 x 10  = 3,000)...  and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we  will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers.  If  those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then  30 million people will have been contacted!

If  it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION  PEOPLE!!! (And that's more than every gas buyer in the USA.)

Again,  all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!   Well,  and, of course, stop buying gas from just one  company.

How  long would all that take?  If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten  more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could  conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll  bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you! 

Acting  together we can make a difference.

There  is nothing wrong with corporations making a reasonable profit.  But  $40.6 billion in just 13 weeks is a little over the top, don't you think?  With millions of Americans losing their homes and with taxes going through  the roof, we need some relief somewhere and there is no sign in sight that  any politician will help us.  So, this is up to us.  Either hang  together on this one or hang seperately--one at a  time. 

If  this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.  I suggest that  we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE  AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Please  Keep This Moving, and,

Thank  you!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: