Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 02:47:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Worst theories & books on Atlantis

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst theories & books on Atlantis  (Read 5760 times)
Helios
Superhero Member

« on: March 13, 2008, 09:38:49 pm »

dhill757

Member # 1890

Member Rated:
   posted 06-25-2004 01:21 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Erick,
Looking forward to reading your article and the corresponding acid test it will be put through.
Why haven't Maria/Georgeos posted here since "Leucippe", is someone perhaps sucking the marrow out of your work..?

About the theories, I agree with most of them and would also like to add that Hollywood has also done a lot of bad Atlantis work, too, that has perpetuated the image. Crash Corrigan's "Undersea Kingdom" was very bad, along with the even more horrible "Man From Atlantis." There has yet to be a decent screen treatment on Atlantis. Dino de Laurentis was planning one back around 1990, but abandoned it.

When I was younger, I used to read comic books. Both the comic books "Aquaman" and the "Submariner" are set in Atlantis, and each one is a pretty campy treatment. In "Submariner", the Atlanteans are all blue-skinned. You don't how badly some of this stuff has gotten out of hand until you go back to the original source, Plato.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 09:40:02 pm by Helios » Report Spam   Logged

"This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean, for in those days the Atlantic was navigable; and there was an island situated in front of the straits called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together..."

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: