Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 10:51:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletons—remains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Worst theories & books on Atlantis

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst theories & books on Atlantis  (Read 5453 times)
Helios
Superhero Member

« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2008, 10:58:58 pm »

Dreamweaver
Member # 2057

Rate Member   posted 07-20-2004 09:23 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"4. Atlantis in Indonesia (oh, come on!)"
This was my initial impression when I first stumbled upon that theory, but I now I find it to be one of the most believable. So far this claim, which I first came across at http://www.atlan.org, actually boasts the most shall I say "evidence" (since no theory has obviously been proven), than any other theory, IMHO. Even the obvious questions of "why isn't it in the Atlantic?" or "why isn't it just outside the Pillars of Hercules?" is directly answered without contradicting Plato’s story. I’m not saying I'm 100% convinced Atlantis was here (although at the very least I'm pretty sure it was home to A civilization during the same time) I’m just saying that I think it's been substantiated by the strongest scientific research and historical facts thus far.

Of course, that doesn’t mean I’m closed off to others theories that place Atlantis in the present-day Atlantic Ocean or South America. However, I’m not so inclined to believe Atlantis was anywhere in the Mediterranean, and I find Antarctica to be one of the least plausible theories of all. I enjoy reading and taking into consideration all arguments for Atlantis though.  Smiley

[This message has been edited by Dreamweaver (edited 07-20-2004).]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged

"This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean, for in those days the Atlantic was navigable; and there was an island situated in front of the straits called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together..."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: