Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 03:29:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Worst theories & books on Atlantis

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst theories & books on Atlantis  (Read 5366 times)
Helios
Superhero Member

« on: March 13, 2008, 09:35:14 pm »

Erick Wright

Member # 1145

Member Rated:
   posted 06-24-2004 06:14 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brig,
You're statement is almost prophetic. My academic peer-review journal article has already been sent to the Harvard Journal of Classical Philology for review. At the end of the article I have invited any and all philologists, historians, and Egyptologists to attempt to refute the results of my research.

In the article I reveal how the 14 names contained within the Atlantis story are nothing more than homographs in the Egyptian hieroglyphic language. When it was found what the homographs were actually representative of (again, in the Egyptian hieroglyphic language), it is revealed that the Atlantis story is nothing but a work of fiction and that no city of Atlantis ever existed. In essence, Solon used the details from the story of the Invasions of the Libyans & Sea Peoples of ca. 1200 BC to create the fictional names of the characters and the place-names found in the Atlantis story. In fact, even the place-names found in the Atlantis story are shown to be directly linked to the homographs created in the Egyptian hieroglyphic language. He then used those names & place-names as a foundation for the creation of a fictional piece of work. It is not yet known (nor may it ever be) whether Plato was actually aware of the story's fictional nature, or whether he was simply repeating a story that had been told to him - or, for that matter, whether he in some way participated in, or contributed to, some of the elements of the story.

Of one thing I can assure you, though, and that is that the "Santorini as Atlantis" theory will fall out of favor with academics & scholars this year. In the article all of my work is based on the etymology of the words and I cited specific examples for each. I was also able to tie each name with its specific inscription and on a specific wall of the mortuary temple of Ramesses III at Medinet Habu. So, although I'm sure many here will argue otherwise, the Atlantis mystery has already been solved.

I'm sure that you all had to have noticed that neither Georgeos or Maria has been posting here ever since I published my posting of the etymology and homographical reference to the word/name Leucippe? Why do you suppose that is? I'm fairly certain that I know what that reason is.

When I hear back as to the publication date of the article I will post it here so that you can all send off for a copy.

Warm Regards,

Erick W. Wright

------------------
"None of the secrets of success will work unless YOU do."

[This message has been edited by Erick Wright (edited 06-27-2004).]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 770 | From: Columbus, Ohio U.S.A. | Registered: Sep 2002   
Report Spam   Logged

"This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean, for in those days the Atlantic was navigable; and there was an island situated in front of the straits called the Pillars of Heracles; the island was larger than Libya and Asia put together..."

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: