Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 03:36:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Pelosi: Joint ticket 'impossible'

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pelosi: Joint ticket 'impossible'  (Read 46 times)
Monique Faulkner
Superhero Member

« on: March 12, 2008, 11:05:45 am »

Pelosi: Joint ticket 'impossible'
Posted: 05:30 PM ET

Pelosi said Tuesday a so-called 'Dream Ticket' won't happen.
(CNN) — A so-called "dream ticket" scenario - the idea that Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama could join forces this fall — may have gripped the imaginations of Democrats nationwide - but you can list House Speaker Nancy Pelosi as a skeptic.

"I think that ticket either way is impossible," Pelosi told a New England Cable News reporter Tuesday, pointing to comments from Clinton and her campaign that implied Republican John McCain would make a better commander-in-chief than Obama.

"I think that the Clinton administration has fairly ruled that out by proclaiming that Senator McCain would be a better commander-in-Chief than Obama," she said.

She spoke bluntly about her view that a joint ticket was not in the cards, she said, because "I wanted to be sure I didn't leave any ambiguity."

The California Democrat, who has remained neutral throughout the party's primary process, said she remains an uncommitted superdelegate.

Related: Does Clinton benefit from so-called 'dream ticket' talk?

– CNN Associate Editor Rebecca Sinderbrand
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 12:31:39 pm »

I agree with Pelosi.  It would be a bad match.  The chemistry just isn't there.  Add to that the excess baggage Hillary would bring to any ticket, including the "Bill" factor, and you have a disaster waiting to happen.   Sad

Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 03:00:46 pm »

Finally a CFR member willing to give it to us straight for a change.
Report Spam   Logged
Tesha Dodge
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 01:20:45 pm »

Pelosi again rules out joint ticket
Posted: 01:04 PM ET

Pelosi again said a joint ticket with Obama and Clinton won't happen.
(CNN) – The Democratic presidential ticket will be a "Dream Team," Nancy Pelosi said Thursday, it just won’t have both Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama's name on it.

Speaking to reporters on Capitol Hill, the House Speaker reiterated comments she made earlier in the week that the two presidential candidates will not end up sharing a ticket.

"I do think we will have a dream team, it just won't be those two names," She said. "Whoever our nominee is and whoever he or she is and whoever he or she chooses, will be a dream team as the Democrats go forward.”

When pressed further about the possibility of a joint ticket, Pelosi stated flatly, "Take it from me, that won't be the ticket."

The comments echoed remarks the Speaker made Tuesday, when she emphatically told a Boston television station that a joint ticket with Clinton and Obama is "impossible."

"I think that ticket either way is impossible," she said. "I think that the Clinton administration has fairly ruled that out by proclaiming that Senator McCain would be a better commander-in-Chief than Obama."

Pelosi’s remarks came a day after Obama mocked Clinton and her campaign surrogates for raising the implication he would make a good vice president.

"With all due respect, I won twice as many states as Sen. Clinton. I've won more of the popular vote than Sen. Clinton. I have more delegates than Sen. Clinton. So, I don't know how somebody who's in second place is offering vice presidency to the person who's in first place," he said at a campaign event in Mississippi.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: