Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 10:14:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Comet theory collides with Clovis research, may explain disappearance of ancient people
http://uscnews.sc.edu/ARCH190.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The island of Meroe

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The island of Meroe  (Read 4751 times)
Ian Nottingham
Superhero Member

« on: April 03, 2008, 03:14:59 am »

Very well thought out hypothesis, Titiea. I do have some problems with a lot of it, though. The geography in terms of the location I have a problem with, first off. All the ancients pretty much agree that the Pillars were located near Gibraltar.  Really hard to get beyond that one, especially as it also features a pretty accurate description of the Mediterranean.

I can accept your argument for a more recent Atlantis, though Calcidius (Plato's earliest translation) still reaffirms the earlier dates.

I have a lot of difficulty with the downplaying of the war with Atlantis.  Greek mercenaries against the warriors of Nubia?  Atlantis supposedly enslaved all the people within the Med, so I don't quite see that one.

But the most troubling thing is that I don't see how Plato's descriptions fit with anything found in Nubia.  I have to say I think most people looking at this will have the same problem with it as well.  Anything you can point to specifically that resembles Plato's Atlantis in Nubia?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: