Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 09:31:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The island of Meroe

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The island of Meroe  (Read 4668 times)
Titiea

« on: March 16, 2008, 04:27:10 am »

Thank you, Mario, for this kind appreciation of my work. Ulf Richter have made a great lot of work before and after the Milos conference and I have appreciated very much the content of his communication. I think that many participants of the conference have regretted him after his death. Some month ago I have suggested that the Athens Conference could be named the 2nd Conference on Atlantis In Memoriam of Ulf Richter, but I have no response on this subject.

I add below my comments concerning the 2005 Milos consensus :

CHECKING THE MILOS 2005 CONSENSUS
1.   Metropolis of Atlantis should have been located where an island used to be and where parts of it may still exist. YES it is. The whole territory of Butana (the Island of Meroe) is bordered at West by White Nile, at south by Bleu Nile and at east by Atbara river.

2.   The Metropolis of Atlantis should have had a most distinct geomorphology composed of alternating concentric rings of land and water.
The ancient city of Meroe was encircled by walls and ramparts. A canal had encircled the royal walled enclosure.
Two affluents of the Nile : Wadi Al Hawad at south and Wadi Mukabrab at North protected the entry in the plain of Meroe. On the West side it was protected by the Nile and at east by a round mountain.

3.   The Atlantis should have been located outside the Pillars of Hercules
The Pillars of Hercules were at the Straits of Bab El Mandeb.

4.   The Metropolis of Atlantis was greater than Libya and Anatolia and Middle East and Sinai (combined). Obviously NOT convenient for the Meroe ”metropolis”. But could correspond to Africa.

5.   Atlantis must have sheltered a literate population with metallurgical and navigational skills. Obviously YES, iron and gold industry and at least fluvial navigation.

6.   The Metropolis of Atlantis should have been routinely reachable from Athens by sea.  NOT routinely and not by sea but by the Nile for the Greeks of Naucratis.

7.   At the time, Atlantis should have been at war with Athens. NO (only fighting against Greek mercenaries of the Egyptian army).

8.   The Metropolis of Athens must have suffered a devastating physical destruction of unprecedented proportions. Yes an earthquake could break the ramparts and walls of Meroe and allowed the Nile to drown the city in the season of monsoon.

9.   The Metropolis of Atlantis should have sunk entirely or partly below the water. YES, but only for some time.

10.   The Metropolis of Atlantis was destroyed 9000 Egyptian years before the 6th century B.C.  NO. The Libyan priests of goddess Neith in Sais could misread the numeration in hieratic Egyptian characters in the book of the temple. Not 9000 years but 900 years before the 6th century is the time of the creation of the Plato’s Atlantis kingdom (circa 1500 B.C.). The cataclysm could happen on 591 B.C. under ther reign of Psametik II who made a victorious campaign againt Kush with the help of Greek mercenaries.

11.   The harbour of Atlantis was distant of 50 stadia (7,5 km) from the city. NO, the harbour of Meroe on the Nile (Tadu island) was only 500 m from the city. Unless it was at Wad ben Naqa (30 km upstream)

12.    Atlantis had a high population density, enough to support a large army (10,000 chariots, 1,200 ships, 1,200,000 hoplites) Possibly ? see below:
Pline, Natural History, VI, 29-30 : " On the time when Ethiopia exercised hegemony, the island of Meroe enjoyed a big celebrity. One says that it maintained usually 250 000 fighters and 3000 craftsmen. It is claimed that today again Ethiopia contains 45 kingdoms. All this region was first known under the name of Etheria; later it was called Atlantia, and then Ethiopia, following to Ethiops son of Vulcan-Hephaïstos. Between Napata and Meroe are the Atabules.

13.   The region of Atlantis involved the sacrifice of bulls. This is a practice of the ethny Oromo-Gallas who presently have emigred South of Sudan. See below :
P. Martial de Salviac – "Les Galla" Oudin, Paris. p 18 :" Abba bokou, president of the justice parliament slaughters a beef, sprinkles himself of its blood and sprinkled his ministers. To enact a law, one slaughters a young bull. The king dives his scepter in blood ".
Moreover this ethny does correspond to the description of the 5 couples of twins described by Plato :
A. d’ABBADIE – Les Oromos… (Ann. Sté Scientif. de Bruxelles, 4e ann. 1880). Tradition of  Maca. This one divided the country in 10 castes or gadas, grouped two by two and exercising the power successively during 8 years (power of Lubas) : Names of castes: 1. Birmaye and Aldada, 2. Malba and Horata, 3. Mudana and Bifole, 4. Robali and Sabaqa, 5. Dulo and Kirole. These five couples correspond to five natural governments: 1. The one of men or the reason, 2. The one of the current water or the progress, 3. The one of the sheep or quietude, 4. The one of the lion that represents strength. 5. The one of the vulture that presides to the rapine. They believe that every caste arriving to government brings in policy the tendency that is his own ".

14.   The destruction of Atlantis was accompanied by an earthquake. YES this zone is very sismic.

15.   After the destruction of Atlantis, the passage of ships was blocked. Obviously I don’t know. But not impossble. (See also the zone of coral reefs around the Dahlack archipelago in front of Adulis, which could be a permanent obstacle for sailers coming by sea).

16.   Elephants were present in Atlantis. YES, of course. See the temple of Elephants in Musawarat es Sofra.

17.   No physically or geologically impossible processes were involved in the destruction of Atlantis. YES. I WHOLLY AGREE.

18.   Hot and cold springs, with mineral deposits, were present in Atlantis.
Presently I don’t know, but not impossible to verify by geologists.
But there was a water sanctuary in the royal enclosure and god Poseidon is in fact Amun symbol of fertility for Kushites and Egyptians.

19.    Atlantis lay on a coastal plain 2000 X 3000 stadia surrounded by mountains falling into the sea. This is a description of East Africa…

20.   Atlantis controlled other states of the period. YES, under the reign of king Taharqa reigning in Memphis, Kus have extended his domination from Khartum to North Lebanon (and according to Strabo as far as Etruria which is Tyrrhenia).

21.   Winds in Atlantis came from the north (only in Northern hemisphere)
yes? YES, I suppose in this part of Africa. To verify.

22.   The rocks in Atlantis were of various colors: black, white, and red. To verify by archeologists and geologists.

23.   There were canals for irrigation in Atlantis. YES, OF COURSE

24.   Every 5th and 6th year, they sacrificed bulls. Yes, burnt bones of cattles were found under the ground of priests houses. See also the rituals of Oromo-Gallas.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 07:08:51 am by Titiea » Report Spam   Logged

In archeology, ancient traditions must be considered, unless new findings will prove the contrary.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: