Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 05:01:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plato's Atlantis: Fact, Fiction or Prophecy?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=CarolAnn_Bailey-Lloyd
http://www.underwaterarchaeology.com/atlantis-2.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The island of Meroe

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The island of Meroe  (Read 4643 times)
Titiea

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 07:46:49 am »

Kings of Kush always claimed to be the heirs of their ancient Egyptian rulers. The period when Kush was goverened by Egyptians viceroys began with the 18th dynasty. It was around 1500 B.C. that Kamose was the leader of the Theban armies  and subued the Kushites of Kerma. His most known successors Thutmose I and III, as well as Amenophis III had to quell several rebellions of Kushites against Egypt. However Kush remained vassal of Egypt until 1100 B.C.
It is my opinion that Kamose who was a great warrior and sailor, was reared in Napata and spent a great part of his life reigning on this part of Africa, before to reach the throne of Thebes at the age of 67 years taking the name of Thutmose I.
This scheme is not admitted by egyptologists because available archaeological proofs are unsufficient to support the reports of ancient authors on the subject.
However it is my opinion that the character of Kamose corresponds the Greek god Poseidon named Amun by Libyans and Kushites as a deity of water and fertility. So the Poseidon-Amun founder of Atlantis could be Kamose-Thutmose I reigning in Meroe according to Jew traditions concerning Moses life, which are not in the canonic Torah . (Because Kamose was also the person who appears as Moses in the Jew Traditions, Exodus corresponding to the exit of Hyksos and a rebelled  part of the Egyptian army out of Avaris after to be besieged by king Ahmose.)
In some reports of Herodote and Diodorus, Kamose was also named Sesostris or Sesoosis for reasons that I will explained in the topic "Egyptian dynasties" on this forum.
Report Spam   Logged

In archeology, ancient traditions must be considered, unless new findings will prove the contrary.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: