Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 01:36:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The island of Meroe

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The island of Meroe  (Read 4783 times)
Titiea

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 03:58:17 am »

From Herodotus : A king Sesostris.
There is some doubt as to whether or not there WAS a king named Sesostris.  Supposedly this is a combination of 3 different kings or some such thing and it seems that unless you know the ancient myths inside and out, you won't be able to figure out who he really was.  Some say he did exist, but at a different time. 

I have more informations on this king Sesostris of ancient authors. But it is not the good location to develop this subject here, although this important Egyptian person could have a strong relationship with Poseidon, thus with Atlantis. If you are interested about that, I could give you my theory in another thread. This person lived about 1500 B.C. in Egypt and Kush and is not yet very well defined by historians because the witnesses of his deeds discovered by archaeologists are not sufficient to assert all the reports of ancient authors about him. Ancient authors made confusion about his real name. Anyway during his long life he was a proteiform person as he changed at least two times his identity and travelled all along the world towards East and spent a great part of his life in Africa.
Report Spam   Logged

In archeology, ancient traditions must be considered, unless new findings will prove the contrary.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: