Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 07:14:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Search For Atlantis in Cuba - Finally, Some Answers!! - UPDATE

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Search For Atlantis in Cuba - Finally, Some Answers!! - UPDATE  (Read 12529 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2009, 05:07:56 pm »

FINALLY, I FOUND SOME ANSWERS TO WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS DISCOVERY:

Like many of you, I have often asked what happened?  Nobody seems to know.

Well, I blame myself for not reading Andrew Collins' blog more often.  Here is what I found in his
September 2008 Newsletter:

Was Cuba Atlantis's flagship?

NEWSLETTER FROM ANDREW COLLINS
Vol. 11, NO. 4
Sept., 2008

I regularly receive emails asking what happened regarding the apparent discovery by a Canadian salvage company of alleged archaeological structures in the deep sea off the west coast of Cuba back in 2001. There was a lot of publicity concerning these finds at the time, then the whole thing simply went dead.

Back then I had just written a book entitled GATEWAY TO ATLANTIS (2000), which proposes that Cuba was the flagship of Plato's Atlantis (see more by clicking here). I also predicted that important underwater remains awaited discovery off the island's west coast. Now those discoveries had seemingly been made, so I was patted on the back by my contemporaries. I wrote articles on the subject, appeared on various radio stations, and was even invited to lecture at the last ever conference organised by the late Thor Hyerdahl in the Canary Islands, which took place in June 2001 (Regrettably,
I was unable to attend as I was already lecturing in Vienna that same weekend).

I was as excited as everyone about what had been found off Cuba by Russian-born salver Paulina Zelitsky and her Canadian partner Paul Weinsweig, who traded under the name ADC Communcations. I was involved in the whole affair from the offset, interviewing Weinzweig at length on the telephone, and speaking to them both on a regular basis. I was also involved in setting up a publishing deal for exclusive world rights on the story with publishers Randon House. So here is one email I received recently asking what went on, and whether or not there was a conspiracy to hush the matter up:

"We're trying to find out why there is no more news on the sunken ruins found near Western Cuba since 2004. No one has proven that the stones are either natural or man made. We're beginning to believe there is a conspiracy to make this find go away.

"I remember a while back you posted a comment on your website in which you said you witnessed actual data from Paulina Zelitsky from ADC. You said you had to be careful about what you said and not to disclose anything they said was forbidden. Did you see anything suspicious that would warrant a conspiracy? Is there anything that you can say that won't break your promise? Can you contact Paulina Zelitsky to confirm why the public has not heard from them?"

And my reply: "There is no conspiracy, simply human necessities. Paulina Zelitsky and Paul Weinzweig held out as long as possible for the best possible deal on world rights to release pictures and video footage of what had been found. I know, I was involved with the deal from Random House, and was to have ghost written the accompanying book, which would have been accredited to them (I was chosen since the agent working on the project was working with me also, and I had just released GATEWAY TO ATLANTIS, which pinpointed Cuba as the site of the main island of Atlantis).

"The money on offer was seven figures in pounds sterling (based on a sliding scale of what had been discovered), but Paulina Zelitsky and Paul Weinzweig refused the offer, wanting even more to fund their future expeditions. They hoped that NatGeo would top the offer. However, when finally the pair released video footage of what they had found it was deemed both of poor quality and not what was hoped, and since Zelitsky and Weinzweig had run out of money, a stalemate ensued. No further footage could be got, so the Random House offer (which they could have taken) was withdrawn. I have no idea what offer NatGeo made, but I suspect it was afterwards withdrawn also.

"Zelitsky and Weinzweig had to go back to what they know best - treasure hunting and vessel salvage, and no one has heard from them since. They have simply vanished off the map. Story ends.

"This said, I firmly believe that prehistoric archaeology does await discovery off Cuba, and hopefully within the next year I will take part in a major expedition to identify suspected structures off both the north and south coasts of the island.

"Cuba is by far the best candidate for Atlantis's flag ship, and one day hopefully we will be in a position to prove that."

"What exactly Zelitsky and Weinzweig discovered remains a mystery. Whether artificial structures, ballast from Russian submarines or natural features, we might never know. All theories are possible."
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: