Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:33:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Clinton: Voters 'rallying to my candidacy'

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clinton: Voters 'rallying to my candidacy'  (Read 43 times)
Luke Hodiak
Superhero Member

« on: February 27, 2008, 04:40:53 pm »

Clinton: Voters 'rallying to my candidacy'
Posted: 02:30 PM ET

Clinton says she remains optimistic.
COLUMBUS, Ohio (CNN) — After a debate performance that did little to alter the dynamic of the Democratic primary race, Hillary Clinton on Wednesday presented a stay-the-course optimism about her campaign as it heads into the final stretch before crucial primaries in Ohio and Texas.

Hillary Clinton told a gaggle of reporters on board her airplane during a flight from Cleveland to Columbus that at this late stage of the primary race, "people are really rallying to my candidacy."

Clinton said she was "really pleased" with her debate performance in Cleveland, arguing that she was able to  present "some real contrasts" against Barack Obama, especially on the issues of health care and the economy.

"What I feel is happening is that people are turning towards the big questions that we should have to answer in this campaign," she said. "Give me the best Commander in Chief. Who do you want in the White House answering the phone at three a.m.? Who is the best steward of the economy?"

Clinton said that along with getting a second look from voters, her campaign continues to raise $1 million a day over the internet, a factoid she has been touting since Super Tuesday.

Despite that cheery forecast, her campaign sent out a fundraising e-mail Wednesday from Bill Clinton that accused Obama of trying to drown out his primary opponent with a barrage of TV ads.

"So let's show the Obama campaign that they can't win this race just by throwing more money at it," the email said, seeking to raise $1.9 million in the next 24 hours.

Clinton is hosting an "Economic Solutions Summit" in Zanesville on Wednesday, followed by two rallies in the towns of St. Clairsville and Belpre. She heads to Texas late Thursday for the remainder of the week, hitting the major media markets of Houston, San Antonio and Dallas/Fort Worth.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 05:51:52 am »

Clinton is projected to win in Ohio, but the "Economic Solutions Summit" may have been yet another failed tactic.  Did you see the pictures of all the empty seats?  Obama's gatherings usually have standing room only.

Report Spam   Logged
Jeremy Dokken
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 10:52:07 am »

Tom, Hillary has made a decision to nix all the big rallies in favor of stuff like this to look more "substantial."  McCain's "rallies" are even less populated.
Report Spam   Logged
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 02:14:40 pm »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: