Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 03:06:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Clinton gets sarcastic, mocks Obama

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clinton gets sarcastic, mocks Obama  (Read 45 times)
Monique Faulkner
Superhero Member

« on: February 25, 2008, 11:27:10 am »

Clinton gets sarcastic, mocks Obama
Posted: 11:00 AM ET

Watch Clinton campaign in Rhode Island Sunday and make light of Obama's message (starting at 0:40).
(CNN) – A day after Hillary Clinton angrily called on Barack Obama to stop mailing campaign literature she said misrepresented her positions, the New York senator adopted a more sarcastic tone toward her rival on a campaign swing through Rhode Island Sunday.

Speaking to a crowd at Rhode Island College, Clinton said, "None of the problems we face will be easily solved," and then went on to mock Obama's message of unity.

“Now, I could stand up here and say, ‘Let’s just get everybody together. Let’s get unified,'" Clinton said to laughter of the crowd.

"The skies will open, the light will come down, celestial choirs will be singing and everyone will know we should do the right thing and the world will be perfect,” she said dryly as the crowd erupted.

“Maybe I’ve just lived a little long, but I have no illusions about how hard this is going to be," Clinton continued. "You are not going to wave a magic wand to make special interests disappear."

Clinton spent much of Sunday in Rhode Island, a state that has long supported both Clintons and votes on March 4, along with Texas, Ohio, and Vermont. With polls showing tight races in Ohio and Texas, and an overwhelming lead for Obama in Vermont, Clinton is hoping for a big win there.

“This little state has a big voice on March 4 to help choose the next president,” she added.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 12:02:55 pm »

I saw that speech on TV and found it repulsive.  It was almost as if she was making fun of religion in general in an unsuccessful attempt to disparage her opponent.  It is obvious that Hillary's tactics have become more and more desperate.  I am convinced that if Obama continues to take the high road, he will win this election without any major problems.
Report Spam   Logged
Vanguard of Truth
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 01:27:40 pm »

I totally agree, Tom!  The depths that Hillary will sink to in her desperation know no bounds. While they also complain about Barack Obama's flyers as "Rovian tactics,"  (even though they are all true), they then release this picture of Barack Obama in ceremonial dress which he wore so as not to offend his hosts. 

What hypocrites!!!

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: