Atlantis Online
March 19, 2024, 03:40:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: DID A COMET CAUSE A FIRESTORM THAT DEVESTATED NORTH AMERICA 12,900 YEARS AGO?
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,1963.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Mary Magdalene & the Gnostic Gospels

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mary Magdalene & the Gnostic Gospels  (Read 5954 times)
Mia Knight

« on: April 05, 2007, 10:51:05 pm »

Interestingly, this unusual Medieval painting at St. Mary’s Grandtully Church was commissioned by Sir William Stewart and the Royal House of Stewart claim to carry the Holy Davidic Grail Bloodline and both these lineages claim the unicorn as their symbol.

Following on the ancient pilgrim’s path toward the Isle of Iona, one must cross the Isle of Mull, a naturalist’s paradise. In Kilmore (Kil=church More=Mary) Church at Dervaig, Mull, there is an intriguing stained glass window image, which could be Jesus with a pregnant Magdalene! The stained glass window was made circa 1905, when the present church was built, although a much older Druid site was there before, as the adjacent stone circle indicates. Barry Dunford pointed out that if, as the local Christians believe, the window depicts Mother Mary and Joseph, then Mother Mary would have the halo and Joseph would not. In this image however, the male figure has the halo, and this would indicate it is Jesus and obviously not with his pregnant mother, but holding hands with a pregnant Magdalene. A striking connection here is that the commissioning of this window appears to be by a Thomas Eversfield, named on a church plaque, and displaying two Templar crosses. Was Eversfield a member of the Knights Templar and privy to secret information regarding the Holy Grail Bloodline?

Just across the sound from Mull, lies the Isle of Iona, once called Innis nan Dhruidhanean, the Isle of the Druids, with several legends speaking of Magdalene’s giving birth to a child, and living her last days in a cave there. There is a crumbling ruin of an old Mary Chapel behind the great Abbey, where the presence of Magdalene is still palpable. It is said that on the Isle of Iona, the veil between earth and heaven are so thin that pilgrims here can easily access spiritual dimensions.

St. Mary Chapel Ruins
Isle of Iona

St. Martin's Cross
Isle of Iona

Templar Knight Grave Stone
Isle of Iona 

Just behind the Abbey is a hill called Dun-I, where legend says St. Bride sang love songs daily, calling to her lost Bridegroom. According to Fionna Macleod, author of‘Iona’, two old prophecies say that Christ shall come again upon Iona and when ‘she’ returns, it will be as the Bride of Christ, the Daughter of God.

As Christian mystics and pilgrims traveled the paths between these spiritual sites, they would ultimately journey southwest to Rosslyn and Edinburgh. During our meeting with Robert Brydon at Temple Village near Rosslyn, he mentioned an important early chapel dedicated to Magdalene in Edinburgh, known throughout the western kingdoms as a fertility site, where women would send items to be blessed for healthy, successful births. I reflected again on my granddaughter’s liberating epiphany while watching the ‘Jesus, Mary and Da Vinci’ film, regarding the genetic inheritance of Holy Blood, and what this Scottish presence of Magdalene and birth associations could mean for a Celtic Grail Bloodline!

The Rose of Rosslyn

‘…I flame above the beauty of the fields; I shine in the waters;
In the sun, the moon and the stars, I burn.’
Hildegard of Bingen

The Rose with its word anagram ‘Eros’, has long been associated with ‘Our Lady’, whether she be in her role as Mary the Mother, Magdalene the Lover, or Saint. It is also associated with the heart of Christ, the Rose of Sharon. The five-petalled rose, Rosa Rugosa, is the earth’s oldest known variety of rose and is a repeating symbol present at many Templar church sites that we visited.

The unusual solid stone barrel-shaped ceiling of Rosslyn Chapel is divided into five sections, and is covered with carved five-pointed stars, lilies, roses and other flowers. These stars have an ancient association with Venus, Isis and Magdalene and are also found on the ceilings Egyptian temples. (The pentagram’s proportions are a perfect example of the Golden Mean, or PHI ratio, and the sacred geometry used in ancient temple architecture). Another section of the ceiling containing a series of cubes is said to correspond to PHI and a Fibonacci musical scale. As luck would have it, a Hungarian Medieval music group and choir was performing in Rosslyn while I was there.

Barry Dunford says that Roslin (older spelling) refers to the Rose Line, an energy alignment running through Rosslyn and connecting southward on the early mystic’s pilgrimage route to Avalon and ultimately to Santiago de Compostela (translating as field of stars) in Spain. In fact, the clamshells received as confirmation that one had truly accomplished the long road to Compostella, are still left as offerings on an altar stone within Rosslyn Chapel.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: