Atlantis Online
March 18, 2024, 10:04:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Mary Magdalene & the Gnostic Gospels

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mary Magdalene & the Gnostic Gospels  (Read 5938 times)
Mia Knight

« on: April 05, 2007, 10:37:27 pm »

Magdalene As Jesus’ Initiatrix

…the sacred union of Jesus and his Bride once formed the cornerstone of Christianity….the blueprint of the Sacred Marriage, that the later (church)builders rejected, causing a disastrous flaw in Christian doctrine that has warped Western civilization for nearly two millennia."
Margaret Starbird, The Goddess in the Gospels

Let us look at the following significant transition or initiation points in Jesus’ life that indicate Mary Magdalene was not only present, but was the one who performed the most important ancient rituals, or rites of passage for Jesus. These rites would have been performed only by one initiated into the deeper mysteries, one who would have commanded a key position in the unfolding drama:
Magdalene anoints Jesus with her alabaster jar of spikenard prior to his being captured and crucified, seeming to know the overall plan before it was clear to the other disciples. The following excerpt from Solomon’s Song of Songs, 1:12, implies that Magdalene was following a much more ancient ritual tradition in which the Bridegroom, or King is anointed by the Bride or High Priestess and this rite most likely even predates the passionate love poems of Solomon and Sheeba.
‘While the king sat at his table,
My spikenard sent forth its fragrance.
My beloved is unto me as a bundle of myrrh,
That lieth betwixt my breasts.’

The Magdalene is present, along with Jesus’ mother Mary, the disciple Salome, and John the Beloved at the cross, when the other disciples were in hiding--too overcome with grief and fear to even appear! (According to Magdalene/Templar historian and author Lynn Picknett, when Magdalene goes back to find the male disciples and rally them out of their fear and total hopelessness after the crucifixion, she actually gave the church to Peter, although as the companion of Jesus, the ministry should have reverted to her!)

"Peter, I’ll tell you not only what you don’t know,
but what he kept from you."
Elaine Pagels quoting Magdalene from the
Nag Hammadi Gospels on ABC’s ‘Jesus, Mary and Da Vinci’
Magdalene and Mary the mother anoint Jesus’ body with specific unguents, ones known to alchemically aid in Christ’s after-death journey, and then wrap his body in linen in preparation for burial….certainly a task only to be entrusted to the ones closest to him.
In three of the Gospels, Magdalene is the first one that Jesus appears to after the crucifixion. Jesus then says, ‘Noli mi tangere’, or ‘do not cling to me’, and as Margaret Starbird comments, the Greek translation of tangere, meaning ‘cling’ implies a more intimate relationship between them, rather than the Latin to ‘touch’.
According to the ‘Pistis Sophia, a Gnostic text in which Jesus makes a grand reappearance after the crucifixion and teaches the disciples deeper inner mysteries, it is Magdalene’s presence which dominates this dialogue with Jesus, and both her questions and answers indicate an ‘Apostle who knew the All’.

‘Mariham (Magdalene),this whom I shall complete in all the mysteries of the things of the Height. Speak in Boldness, because thou art she whose heart straineth toward the Kingdom of the heavens more than all thy brothers…you who will give light upon everything in accuracy and in exactness.’
Spoken by Jesus, from the Pistis Sophia texts,
quoted in the book Mary Magdalene by Susan Haskins.
Here is a woman who definitely did not play a minor or casual role either during or after the life of Jesus. Although the historical documentation that refers to Magdalene following the crucifixion is interwoven with legend and myth, many scholars say that its quite possible that she had been married to Jesus. According to her devout heretical followers the Cathars of southern France, they were unmarried lovers.

It appears that Magdalene continued the ministry that embraced the original purpose of Christianity in the years following the crucifixion. There are records of her having preached her message on the steps of the Temple at Marseilles dedicated to the Goddess Diana, and that she had a strong following in southern France. Legends of her escape from Palestine to Egypt, France and a further journey to Great Britain include her bearing the children of Jesus, being the fiqure-head of the Magdalene-Isisian Mystery Schools, and her retreating into the deep caverns of France and the areas around Rennes le Chateau, Rennes les Bains, and even into Glastonbury, England, the coast of Wales, Edinburgh, Scotland, and the Isles of Mull and Iona.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: