Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 02:50:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Urantia Book: Legitimate Religion or Satan-inspired Cult?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Urantia Book: Legitimate Religion or Satan-inspired Cult?  (Read 5140 times)
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 06:12:38 am »

No my dear I was just being a spook!   (ahem)
Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
sevens

http://www.dalamatiacity.com

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 06:36:18 am »

ahahahahahahaha
sevens
Report Spam   Logged

12 Apostles

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 02:40:47 am »

The Bible also says that one is not supposed to mess around with spirits or be damned.  We must, each of us, all follow the Bible to the letter if we are to go to heaven.
Report Spam   Logged
12 Apostles

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 02:42:55 am »

Life truly is an existence filled with toil and struggle, that is why we shouldn't laugh either.  Mankind was meant by God to suffer through his existence.  We must never forget that.
Report Spam   Logged
rockessence
Superhero Member

Using rocks and minerals to heal the earth and us.

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 04:18:27 am »

Now I know you're joking!  Caught you again! hahahahahahahahahahaha

« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 04:20:39 am by rockessence » Report Spam   Logged

ILLIGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Thus ye may find in thy mental and spiritual self, ye can make thyself just as happy or just as miserable as ye like. How miserable do ye want to be?......For you GROW to heaven, you don't GO to heaven. It is within thine own conscience that ye grow there.

Edgar Cayce
sevens

http://www.dalamatiacity.com

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 03:32:29 am »

ODE 29.

Again reminiscent of the Psalms of David. (No, its about this journey)

1 The Lord is my hope: in Him I shall not be confounded. 2 For according to His praise He made me, and according to His goodness even so He gave unto me: 3     And according to His mercies He exalted me: and according to His excellent beauty He set me on high:4 And brought me up out of the depths of Sheol: and from the mouth of death He drew me: 5 And thou didst lay my enemies low and He justified me by His grace. 6 For I believed in the Lord's Messiah: and it appeared to me that He is the Lord; 7 And He showed him His sign: and He led, me by His light, and gave me the rod of His power 8 That I might subdue the imaginations of the peoples; and the power of the men of might to bring them low: 9 To make war by His word,and to take victory by His power.    10 And the Lord overthrew my enemy by His word: and he became like the stubble which the wind carries away; 11   And I gave praise to the Most High because He exalted me His servant and the son of His handmaid.  Hallelujah.
This stimulated me    "6 For I believed in the   Lord's Messiah:  and it appeared to me that He is the Lord;   7 And He showed him His sign:  and He led, me by   His light  , and gave me the rod of His power"

Intriguing,  the Odes are all about this journey and its connection to the end times!!

Sevens
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 03:34:53 am by sevens » Report Spam   Logged

Calvin Noble

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 09:45:45 pm »

Which 'religion' attracts more crazies, the Urantia Book or scientology? Each has their own lack of merits and accompanying freaks.
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2012, 12:31:56 am »

They ALL attract crazies.
Report Spam   Logged

Blasphemy is a victimless crime.
"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Calvin Noble

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2012, 04:06:45 am »

That's true, Robert, both the Urantia Book and scientology attract crazies.
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2012, 07:00:39 am »

Perhaps I should have phrased that better.  All religions bring out the crazies.
Report Spam   Logged

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."     Letter to John Adams, April 11, 1823 -Thomas Jefferson
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 10:46:10 am »

Especially the cults.   Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Calvin Noble

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 05:02:01 am »

Most strains of Christianity are not filled with crazies, wouldn't you agree, Robert?
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 06:52:05 am »

Granted there are good people that are religious.  But there are also the bigots and the ones that try to force their beliefs on others, especially when it concerns to politics and government policy.
Report Spam   Logged

Calvin Noble

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2012, 12:29:52 am »

Robert, you are forgetting in a godless world, we are often forced to bring our beliefs to bear on others. What do you think that the law is all about? Would people stop speeding, for instance, if we didn't have speed limits?
Report Spam   Logged
Robert0326
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2012, 06:55:10 am »

Breaking the speed limit is not a law of god.  You not going to be tortured for eternity for doing that.  What gives the you or any religious person to forced your beliefs on others?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: