Atlantis Online
February 28, 2020, 07:09:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Urantia Book: Legitimate Religion or Satan-inspired Cult?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Urantia Book: Legitimate Religion or Satan-inspired Cult?  (Read 3202 times)
Calvin Noble

« on: February 18, 2008, 08:57:13 pm »

For additional information regarding URANTIA, see:

THE URANTIA BOOK - Watchman Fellowship Profile, Jason Barker
Online copy of the the book
THE URANTIA BOOK -- Overview, History, Teachings, and References
URANTIA - entry from the Skeptic's Dictionary
The Moyer Papers - details regarding the origins of the so-called revelations
THE URANTIA BOOK -- home page for The Urantia Book Fellowship
Friends of the The Urantia Revelation Website - containing insights into the internal power struggles within the cult
For further reading on the subject of Gnosticism, see:

THE GNOSTIC EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
THE NEW GNOSTICS - Resurrecting Pagan Rites

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some Email
Dan

I've read the Urantia Book from front to back and I find your understanding of it out of touch.  I will tell you that I was not as assured about the fact of God or faith until I had read this [Urantia] book.  Now I am committed to the truth (Scripture) no matter were it is found for I know He is there for all His children and He protects us all from false prophets.

Some literature I have found His truth in: The Koran, Bibles (many versions), A Course In Miracles, Edgar Casey, many philosophers, computer chats of individuals finding Him in their personal lives just to name a few.  He is there in my heart.  I have to look hard to see Him in your teachings, but I know he is there as well.

God Bless.

Bud H
Soldotna, Alaska
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above email demonstrates the crisis of the age and the pure subjectivism of Gnostic heresy.

Hi Dan,

Have you read the Urantia book from front to back?  I'm currently on my second go around. I've never felt closer to God than I do now.  Is it possible for something that brings me to God to be a trick.  If I am not reading the truth how is it that I feel such love for God?  I am sincere in my questions.  I hope you can help me with your response.

Thank you,

Michael

Again, note the subjective emphasis upon "feelings".  "I know it truth because it feels so right!"

Dear Michael:

Please turn in a Bible and read the third chapter of Genesis, particularly verse 6.
"When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it."

Succumbing to the Satanic lie and illusion of autonomous knowledge and so-called free will, Eve chose to ignore God's words of warning and enshrined her own rationality and sensory experience as authoritativeóbecoming the Grand Madam of Rationalism and Empiricism.  Adam followed his wife's disobedience and thereby plunged humanity into both spiritual and physical death, and the universe into corruption and decay.  The philosophies of rationalism and empiricism assert that all knowledge is respectively derived from reason or sensory experience, or some blend of the two.

"But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning [Genesis 3:6 tells us that the first sin, the Fall of mankind, provided pleasurable feelings or sense perceptions.] your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ."  2 Cor. 11:3

"For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ.  And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.  It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness."  2 Cor. 11:13-15.
Your current assurance that the Urantia is of God is anchored in how you "feel".  This is a totally inadequate foundation for truth and an inadequate defense against deception.  As your feelings and emotions shift--and they most certainly will; so will your confidence.

By His sovereign love, grace, and mercy,
Dan

Mail this page to a friend

Spiritual Growth
Author

The New Birth Explained
The Green Letters

Pauline Dispensationalism

The Line Drawn

Spiritual Anthology

Hungry Heart Series

The Far Left

and

The Far Right

Did

MJS Teach

"Exchanged Life"?

Justification & Assurance

versus

Lordship Salvation

The Sermon on the Mount

Dispensational

Persons Chart

Dispensations

& Ages

THE

CROSS

WITHCHRIST.ORG

http://withchrist.org/urantia.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: