Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 04:40:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Biblical Distortions in The Urantia Book

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Biblical Distortions in The Urantia Book  (Read 30111 times)
sevens

http://www.dalamatiacity.com

« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2008, 09:27:17 pm »

What can we find in the bible about witness that might be relevant to this journey to ancient times in truth.

http://www.christnotes.org/bible.php?q=witness&ver=kjv

Fragment

Numbers 17

6 And Moses spake unto the children of Israel, and every one of their princes gave him a rod [1] apiece, for each prince one, according to their fathers' houses, even twelve rods: and the rod of Aaron was among their rods. 7 And Moses laid up the rods before the Lord in the tabernacle of witness.

8 And it came to pass, that on the morrow Moses went into the tabernacle of witness; and, behold, the rod of Aaron for the house of Levi was budded, and brought forth buds, and bloomed blossoms, and yielded almonds. 9 And Moses brought out all the rods from before the Lord unto all the children of Israel: and they looked, and took every man his rod. 10 And the Lord said unto Moses, Bring Aaron's rod again before the testimony, to be kept for a token against the rebels; [2] and thou shalt quite take away their murmurings from me, that they die not. 11 And Moses did so: as the Lord commanded him, so did he. 12 And the children of Israel spake unto Moses, saying, Behold, we die, we perish, we all perish. 13 Whosoever cometh any thing near unto the tabernacle of the Lord shall die: shall we be consumed with dying?

and

Psalm 89:37

It shall be established for ever as the moon, and as a faithful witness in heaven. Selah.

and

Proverbs 12:17

He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness: but a false witness deceit.

and

Proverbs 14:5 

A faithful witness will not lie: but a false witness will utter lies.

and

Proverbs 14:25

A true witness delivereth souls: but a deceitful witness speaketh lies.

and

Proverbs 21:28

A false witness shall perish: but the man that heareth speaketh constantly.

and

Isaiah 19:20

And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the Lord of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the Lord because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and he shall deliver them.

and

Getting hot

Isaiah 43:9 

Let all the nations be gathered together, and let the people be assembled: who among them can declare this, and shew us former things?let them bring forth their witnesses,  that they may be justified: or let them hear, and say, It is truth.

and

Isaiah 43:10

Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

and

Isaiah 43:12 

I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God.

and

Isaiah 44:8

Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

and

Isaiah 44:9 

They that make a graven image are all of them vanity; and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses;they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed.

and

a high honour

Isaiah 55:4

Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.

and

Jeremiah 32:10 

And I subscribed the evidence, and sealed it, and took witnesses, and weighed him the money in the balances.

and

Lamentations 2:13

What thing shall I take to witness for thee? what thing shall I liken to thee, O daughter of Jerusalem? what shall I equal to thee, that I may comfort thee, O virgin daughter of Zion? for thy breach is great like the sea: who can heal thee?

and

Micah 1:2 

Hear, all ye people; hearken, O earth, and all that therein is: and let the Lord GOD be witness against you, the Lord from his holy temple.

and

Matthew 18:16   

But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

and

Matthew 23:31   (Read all of Matthew 23)

Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.

and

John 5:32

There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.

and

John 8:18 

I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

and

John 15:27 

And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

and

John 18:37 

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

and

Acts 2:32 

This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

and

Acts 26:16   

But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee;

and

Acts 26:22 

Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come:

and

Romans 3:21   

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

and

Romans 8:16

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

and

Hebrews 2:4

God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

and

1 John 1:2

(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

and

Revelation 11:3   (Read all of Revelation 11)

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth

Very interesting word search

Remember the outcome of this journey is related to self realisation, a journey that we can all participate in  on the run and is not exclusive.  Its a path that leads to Jesus.

Sevens
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 06:57:27 am by sevens » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: