Atlantis Online
May 22, 2022, 12:00:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Biblical Distortions in The Urantia Book

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Biblical Distortions in The Urantia Book  (Read 25697 times)
Calvin Noble

« on: February 18, 2008, 08:44:53 pm »

Some other challenges of the Bibles record

The seraphim of Urantia, … did sing anthems of glory over the Bethlehem manger, but these utterances of praise were not heard by human ears. No shepherds nor any other mortal creatures came to pay homage to the babe of Bethlehem until the day of the arrival of certain priests from Ur, who were sent down from Jerusalem by Zacharias.”(1352:1,122:8.5)

This goes against the Scriptures teaching that the shepherds did hear the angels in the field and consequently visited the babe in the manger. Zacharias who was John the baptizers father certainly did not have contact with UR.

The Bible has this to say--Luke 2:13-146 “And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying: “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, goodwill toward men!” So it was, when the angels had gone away from them into heaven, that the shepherds said to one another, “Let us now go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has come to pass, which the Lord has made known to us.” And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Babe lying in a manger.

The challenge of the Scripture is consistently seen throughout this book.

“Jesus led men to feel at home in the world; 'he delivered theirs from the slavery of taboo and taught there that the world was not fundamentally evil. He did not long `to escape from his `earthly life; he mastered a technique of acceptably doing the Father's will while in the flesh. He attained an idealistic religious life in the Very midst of a realistic world: Jesus did not share Paul's pessimistic view of humankind. The Master looked upon men as the sons of God and foresaw a magnificient and eternal future' for those who chose survival.”(196:2.11)

Jesus did indeed see the world as fallen, sinful, wicked John 1:4-5 “In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

John 8:12Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." John 12:46 “I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness.”

Jesus told his disciples to be in the world but not of it. That they were passing through to be with him later on and not to love the world. “Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him”( I Jn. 2:15)

John 15:19”If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

John 17:15-16 “I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. “They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.”

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: