Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 03:05:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Biblical Distortions in The Urantia Book

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Biblical Distortions in The Urantia Book  (Read 29770 times)
Calvin Noble

« on: February 18, 2008, 08:44:26 pm »

The underlying message

Their goal and message is to unify all religions and have them abandon their particular teachings for another spiritual unity. “We believe in every church and in all forms of worship,” (URANTIA Brotherhood Bulletin, Vol. 6, No. 1, p. 4). With this attitude in mind, and in their own peculiar way, they hope to unite “...all world religions and all world religionists,” (Bulletin, Supplement, p. 1). All world religions “are of value in that they are valid approaches to the religion of Jesus.”(p. 67) This of course relegates the Bibles revelation to no more or less than any other book which they claim is corrupted. They claim to welcome Christians into their membership but it is only to unite with others, “The teachers of the religion of Jesus should approach other religions with the recognition of the truths which are held in common (many of which come directly or indirectly, from Jesus' message) while they refrain from placing so much emphasis on the differences.” (p.1670-71) In fact the spirituality that is promoted has the same goals as Bahai, unity of all religions. “The Fatherhood of God and the universal brotherhood of all men” (p. 1085)

They challenge of the Bibles claim we are sinners “Ancient man only attained consciousness of favor with God through sacrifice. Modern man must develop new techniques of achieving the self-consciousness of salvation. The consciousness of sin persists in the mortal mind, but the thought patterns of salvation therefrom have become outworn and antiquated.” “The sense or feeling of guilt is the consciousness of the violation of the mores; it is not necessarily sin. There is no real sin in the absence of conscious disloyalty to Deity.” The bible says that we sin when we transgress the standard of God, his commands knowingly or not. That it is inherent in our nature. The Urantia Book challenges this. “But confession -- sincere recognition of the nature of sin -- is essential to religious growth and spiritual progress.”

“The forgiveness of sin by Deity is the renewal of loyalty relations following a period of the human consciousness of the lapse of such relations as the consequence of conscious rebellion. The forgiveness does not have to be sought, only received as the consciousness of re-establishment of loyalty relations between the creature and the Creator.” (p.985:1) 89:10.6 Could anyone who is not in further education understand this? In this way much of what is said seems heavy

“Many races have conceived of their leaders as being born of virgins… their return is always expected by their respective groups. In central Asia the tribesmen still look for the return of Genghis Khan; in Tibet, China, and India it is Buddha; in Islam it is Mohammed; among the Amerinds it was Hesunanin Onamonalonton; with the Hebrews it was, in general, Adam's return as a material ruler. …Following the appearance of Adam on earth, so-called sons of God were common among the world races.” (p.1008:5,92:5.3 )

There is no such tradition I have ever heard of where Adam would reappear.

The book lures people into believing that it is revealing secret knowledge for the initiative of this gnosis “The secrets of Sonarington include the secret of the incarnation of the divine Sons. When a Son of God becomes a Son of Man, is literally born of woman, as occurred on your world nineteen hundred years ago, it is a universal mystery. It is occurring right along throughout the universes, and it is a Sonarington secret of divine sonship. The Adjusters are a mystery of God the Father. The incarnation of the divine Sons is a mystery of God the Son; it is a secret locked up in the seventh sector of Sonarington, a realm penetrated by none save those who have personally passed through this unique experience.”(p.145) They teach this act of virgin birth is repeated in the universe in many different times. Again it attacks the unique Son of God.

The Bibles message of Jesus as the unique Son of God is challenged, as are the authors.

The Gospel of John “ John did not write it, he did inspire it.”(p.1342:5, 121:8.10)[In the year A.D. 101 he encouraged his associate, Nathan, a Greek Jew from Caesarea, to begin the writing.] This goes against the Scripture where it says they did, making them a liar.

John 20:31 “but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.”

John speaking of himself says in John 21:24 “This is the disciple who testifies of these things, and wrote these things; and we know that his testimony is true.”

All things considered one has to deal with the clear words written from John Himself.

I Jn 1:1-4 “That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life--the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us--that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.”

I Jn 2:7 “Brethren, I write no new commandment to you,

I Jn 2:21 “I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth.” One must make a choice if what the Urantia book says is true or the Bible is true

I Jn 2:26These things I have written to you concerning those who try to deceive you.” These words of John need to be heeded by those who believe the Urantias books message.

I Jn 5:13 “These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

John is told by Jesus personally in Rev 1:19 “Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this”

Paul writes in Gal 6:11 “See with what large letters I have written to you with my own hand!”

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: