Atlantis Online
June 19, 2024, 03:33:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the A.R.E.'s Investigations into the Atlantic

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the A.R.E.'s Investigations into the Atlantic  (Read 12107 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #90 on: May 27, 2007, 10:30:49 pm »

A T L A N T I S
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 09:00:24 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #91 on: May 27, 2007, 11:04:43 pm »

Well, I'll be........IT 'TOOK' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Elric!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 11:19:23 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Elric
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2007, 11:05:49 pm »

You're welcome.  What is the picture supposed to be of, Bianca?

The reason why it wouldn't come up is because the web address was incomplete. However, after posting the web address, all you get is the canvas for the picture, not the picture itself - odd.
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #93 on: May 27, 2007, 11:10:11 pm »

A T L A N T I S
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 11:31:51 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2007, 11:14:27 pm »

Elric,

The second picture is the upper part.  I am going to try and put it where it
should be, or viceversa.   If I can get it done, will you please delete the
extra ones.  I still can't do that, I don't think I got the last part of the in-
structions.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 09:02:36 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #95 on: May 27, 2007, 11:42:31 pm »

The top part won't come through anymore.

It's almost 1am and I'm kind of tired.  I am going to try again in the morning.

Good night, Elric!

B
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 28/07 - 9:08 am

Well, Eric:

I finally made it!  #90 is whole, but the bottom part is delayed......

I think it's a nice NEW AGE  picture of Atlantis, eh?
B
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 09:06:27 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2007, 04:58:21 am »

Why shouldnt be Australia?? it is a place where all those strange animals androck pictures are.. It might be Atlantis also..At least more beliveable than spain!!

Yes, we can add Australia if you like.  As far as know there is really no section of the globe that has NOT been identified with Atlantis.  But I refuse to go to Mars to find Atlantis!  I have my standards, you know.   Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
DDDnD3D

« Reply #97 on: May 28, 2007, 08:46:38 am »

*** Well I dont think THIS place has ever been mentioned and its so obvious. Qoais it is in Canada but Atlantis is actually at the bottom of Hudson Bay! If you check out the east coast of Hudson Bay you will see a perfect semi circle 280 miles across. This is the remnants of a massive crater with the Beltcher Islands in the center created by the impact of an extraterrestrial object that sank Atlantis in 9 hours and 11 minutes [and a few seconds?] It shook the earth, split the continent and created an inland sea with islands as stepping stones to the Oceans surrounding the continent . . . the Pacific. . . Arctic and Atlantic Oceans. It also shifted the axis of the earth to its present position from the Old North Pole position which was in Hudson Bay near the impact point in 9600 BC. The survivors went West and erected a monument to their King and Prince carved into the mountains of southeastern Alberta which also houses The Hall of Records deep beneath the mountain. Why are THEY  melting the Arctic ?   D****3D
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #98 on: May 28, 2007, 06:56:47 pm »

When you think about it 3D, that's not so far fetched.  The earth was sitting more or less straight up and down then.  The land formations were different then.  Then that major upheaval that almost split the earth, caused it to stop turning on it's axis, and then start revolving in the opposite direction.  There is no imagining the absolute chaos.  When I compare Plato to Robsang Lampa, they're both saying the same thing.  Plato with a little less detail.  Lampa says the waters between the continents then had cities floating between them, back at forth (cruise ships is my guess)  What if the land was more "across" the planet then, than up and down?  Plato does do "flashbacks" in his story, and I think it might have been a history , like the Bok Saga depicts, and he's thrown in the battle just to do honour to his friends and the goddess.  Whatever little bit of Atlantis was left by the time Solon got the story, the whole earth could look extremely different from when the Atlanteans FIRST were here.

Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2007, 07:44:45 pm »

Quote: "What sort of artifacts were found at Zapata?  Were they found on land or in the water?"

Pottery, spear and arrowheads, effigy bowls, mounds, and lots of habitation remains in the midst of a complex of ancient canals. It is now a massive swamp.

Hi Greg,

Do you know anything about the geology of Zapata? Was the area you are looking at with the circular anomaly once above water?

Also, do you know what date that the pottery, spear and arrowheads, effigy bowls were dated to?

You also mentioned mounds, are they similar to the ones that are mentioned in your earlier books?

Desiree
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2007, 11:39:45 am »

Mark:

"The location least identified as Atlantis seems to be Australia, my country............"

Well, my Aussie friend, maybe it's time you took up a new quest.  Check out the MU

books by Churchward.  Mu/Lemuria is supposed to have been the origin of Atlantis.

Love and Peace,
B

Report Spam   Logged

Greg Little

« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2007, 04:35:14 pm »

Des:
Quote: Do you know anything about the geology of Zapata? Was the area you are looking at with the circular anomaly once above water?"

Answer: The area of Zapata we are most interested in is a now underwater circular formation about 7-miles in diameter. It lies in the middle of a deep water outer partial circle that has an 8 mile southerly basin to the ocean. To the north is a ring of mountains with a semi-circular river at the base. From the river a series of natural waterways and canals empty into the basin around the "island." The island is in a shallow muddy swamp.

"Also, do you know what date that the pottery, spear and arrowheads, effigy bowls were dated to?"

Ans: humans have been dated in Cuba to about 8000 BC. The pottery is dated to about 2000 years ago, but it on the surface. Little archaeology has been done there.

"You also mentioned mounds, are they similar to the ones that are mentioned in your earlier books?"

Ans: the mounds are dated to the era of the Moundbuilders, from 1000 BC to 1200 AD. While they are similar to US mounds, there are also circular enclosures similar to South American sites.
Report Spam   Logged
Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2007, 12:26:29 pm »

The area of Zapata we are most interested in is a now underwater circular formation about 7-miles in diameter. It lies in the middle of a deep water outer partial circle that has an 8 mile southerly basin to the ocean. To the north is a ring of mountains with a semi-circular river at the base. From the river a series of natural waterways and canals empty into the basin around the "island." The island is in a shallow muddy swamp.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the information!  Man, if that isn't a near perfect description of the central city of Atlantis - in the shape of a circle, ringed by mountains, with canals surrounding it. I wish we had some satellite pix of that area where we could actually see the canals and whatever else might be there. 

It would be nice to see the whole area as a whole and see how the Great Bahamas Bank, Cuba, Bimini and Andros all relate to each other.

I personally believe that Atlantis was in more recent times, so I don't hold firm to that 9000 to 10000 bc date.  It had to be something more recent, to some extent, because (unless Egyptian culture is a lot older than we give it credit for), the Atlantis story would have passed out of recent memory in 9000 years, or, at the very least, been distorted beyond recognition from the original tale.

Desiree
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
Greg Little

« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2007, 04:34:20 pm »

Des:

Go here for a good view of the entire area:

http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/gallery/2003021-0121/Cuba.A2003021.1600.500m.jpg

On Cuba, about 1/3 of the way east from the western tip, you'll see a greenish-blue area that is in shallow water between the Island of Pines (lower left) and Zapata, on the southern mainland of Cuba. In the lower center of the Zapata Peninsula (which is formed to the left (or west) of the Bay of Pigs, there is a circular blue-green spot almost entirely surrounded by dark blue water. The circle is what we have zeroed in on. To the north are canals leading from the mountains in the north...the area around the circular spot is a swamp...the circle is in shallow water. I have obtained a detailed depth chart of that location.

best, Greg
Report Spam   Logged
Artemis
Superhero Member

« Reply #104 on: June 02, 2007, 08:27:12 pm »

Great map, Greg:

So, by this geography, I take it that the mountains would be to the northwest, forming part of the southern shores of Cuba while Plato's flat plain with the canals would be to the northeast? 

Do you have any satellite images of the canals?  Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: